E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
Xtiananything

My Ride: '01 330i Mtech1
Umnitza M3 front bumper question!?

Hey, I just got off the phone with a umnitza rep as i wanted to purchase an m3 front bumper for my 2001 325i sedan. The sales rep told me its a pain in the ass install because the mount is totally different. Has anyone here bought the m3 bumper for there sedan? If its a hard install and the fitment looks off, maybe I'll just go with the mtechII bumper or maybe order from khoalty? Anyone with knowledge, please help. Thanks!
Xtiananything is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
Xtiananything

Also why would they sell a m3 bumper for a sedan only to tell me it's not a good choice? Lol doesn't make sense...
Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
oAllElseFailo

My Ride: 328Ci
If you read what they write at the bottom it says something along the lines of, these bumpers don't come with brackets... have to use adhesive to put on thus reflecting the low price.

Then if you read the mtech and csl ones, they use brackets to hold on instead of an adhesive that you'd have to apply, but of course those are more expensive.

I was looking into the exact same thing you are but that install/adhesive has me very worried + I'd like to add the CF splitters which I'm not sure you can do on the Mtech bumper unless you add the arqay lip but that fvckers expensive

Last edited by oAllElseFailo; 02-20-2013 at 02:28 PM.
oAllElseFailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
Xtiananything

Quote:
Originally Posted by oAllElseFailo View Post
If you read what they write at the bottom it says something along the lines of, these bumpers don't come with brackets... have to use adhesive to put on thus reflecting the low price.

Then if you read the mtech and csl ones, they use brackets to hold on instead of an adhesive that you'd have to apply, but of course those are more expensive.

I was looking into the exact same thing you are but that install/adhesive has me very worried + I'd like to add the CF splitters which I'm not sure you can do on the Mtech bumper unless you add the arqay lip but that fvckers expensive
Thanks dude! Didn't see the full description? Guess I might have to go with mtech! Where are you buying yours from?
Old 02-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
oAllElseFailo

I'm not sure right now. For what I want, it'd be 335$ from Khoalty and 333$ from Umnitza. But umnitza will paint yours for an extra 150$ which would be better for me since every place around here is so expensive. Also noticed Khoalty sells the CF splitters for the Mtech on their site for 110$. So indecisive right now...
Old 02-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
Xtiananything

Quote:
I'm not sure right now. For what I want, it'd be 335$ from Khoalty and 333$ from Umnitza. But umnitza will paint yours for an extra 150$ which would be better for me since every place around here is so expensive. Also noticed Khoalty sells the CF splitters for the Mtech on their site for 110$. So indecisive right now...
Mtech or m3? Where r u located?
Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
oAllElseFailo

Was looking at the Mtech II bumper. I just REALLY want the M3 bumper because I love the look of the strassentech lip on it, if only Khoalty sold a legit one that doesn't use adhesive i'd jump on it..

But I'm in Palos Verdes (So Cal) by torrance/san pedro/redondo beach
Old 02-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
Xtiananything

Not far from me. I'm in Burbank! I just picked up my e46 two week ago. What color is yours? I have a few connects to paint shops. Maybe we can get a good deal if two are painted.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
Xtiananything

Quote:
Was looking at the Mtech II bumper. I just REALLY want the M3 bumper because I love the look of the strassentech lip on it, if only Khoalty sold a legit one that doesn't use adhesive i'd jump on it..

But I'm in Palos Verdes (So Cal) by torrance/san pedro/redondo beach
Not far from me. I'm in Burbank! I just picked up my e46 two week ago. What color is yours? I have a few connects to paint shops. Maybe we can get a good deal if two are painted.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #10
wallyworld

My Ride: 2003 325i 4dr sedan
guys if you are thinking about the mtech2 bumper (which Im going to do once the winter is over) look at this thread. Tons of detail.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=848926
wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #11
oAllElseFailo

Nice, mine's TiAg. I'm actually having this guy paint my mirror cover up in montclair who does excellent work, he helps out a lot of fanatics on this site with paint so i could just use him again for it. Either way I don't know what I want to do. Maybe just buy an M3 bumper and retrofit it or something.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
Xtiananything

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyworld View Post
guys if you are thinking about the mtech2 bumper (which Im going to do once the winter is over) look at this thread. Tons of detail.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=848926
Wally, good post! Thanks for all the info! Is there anyone here that can vouch for umnitza's bumper paint jobs! I have a silver sedan and I know silver is a common color but I want mine spot on!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
wallyworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtiananything View Post
Wally, good post! Thanks for all the info! Is there anyone here that can vouch for umnitza's bumper paint jobs! I have a silver sedan and I know silver is a common color but I want mine spot on!
I PM'ed them and asked if a paint job was primnig painting and clear coat and they said yes 150$ for painting the front bumper. Im still not quite sure if "150$ for painting" means the whole deal, but a 150$ bumper paint job should be a pretty good one I would think. I mean you can get a pretty whole car paint job from maaco for like 400$ (then again thats a pretty crappy job).

Idk when I get my mtech bumper Im going to try any get a combo deal for paint and install and maybe save some money. Idk if you are going to try to install it yourself, if you are then maybe have them paint it. It will be more convenient.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
oAllElseFailo

Assuming they're good fitment and they don't send you the wrong one, it should be a pretty straightforward job to install.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #15
wallyworld

Quote:
Assuming they're good fitment and they don't send you the wrong one, it should be a pretty straightforward job to install.
Have you ever installed a front/rear bumper or side skirts? I am trying to save as much money as possible so if there is a good DIY somewhere for installation let me know. I just dont want to mess it up and have it cost more in the end.

Will I need a lift/jacks for installation?
Old 02-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #16
E46Moonlight

My Ride: 2000 323i
Search the DIY section of the forum.
E46Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #17
Toxx

My Ride: 2000 323i
Installation isn't difficult look it up. Don't have a close up of the bumper for fitment but here is a recent shot to give you an idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1361398992.347019.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	491644   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1361399018.736672.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	491645   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1361399045.527625.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	491646  
Toxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #18
Xtiananything

Quote:
I spoke to Matt from umnitza and he said the mtech2 is an easy DIY install so it being pre-painted is okay. Now with the m3 bumper, he(Matt) suggest that it's unpainted cuz of the work trying to put it on.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #19
Xtiananything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxx View Post
Installation isn't difficult look it up. Don't have a close up of the bumper for fitment but here is a recent shot to give you an idea.
Really? Matt from umnitza made it seem like it was a super hard task. Did you put your m3 bumper on yourself?
Old 02-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #20
oAllElseFailo

Removing the front bumper is straight forward and simple. It's just some screws and rivets and off it goes. Then just reverse the process. Just have to make sure fitment is good. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go towards khoalty though, but not 100% certain yet