E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusticles View Post
I miss Quattro really. I think in 2010 I ended up stuck in the middle of the road. Like just driving normally and bam, stuck. Some girl coming the opposite direction in her Mercedes got stuck right next to me. We blocked the road for at least an hour, maybe more.

I wanted to help her get out but she was afraid her boyfriend wouldn't like it. Or she just didn't want me near her.
"I called him he's on his way OKaY!"

BMW is my first RWD car and I was surprised how easily they can get stuck. I come from a line of all-wheel-drive.

Also, what happened with that officer? The last vehicle I would want to hit would be a police cruiser.
You should not be worrying about what the girl thinks of you. She is in your damn way and you tell her nicely that you gonna help her get the f out the way.

I bet if you looked like Baptiste Giabiconi, the bitch wouldn't think twice about jumping into the passenger seat and happily invite let you maneuver her car out of there and beg for your cock afterwards.

Last edited by MercForHire; 11-13-2012 at 06:14 PM.
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #22
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Was the road icy in the original video?
Otherwise I don't understand why you hit the cop car.. or even why there was a need to slow down.

You seemed frightened of the oncoming car that had just made a right.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #23
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Was the road icy in the original video?
Otherwise I don't understand why you hit the cop car.. or even why there was a need to slow down.

You seemed frightened of the oncoming car that had just made a right.
It had rained all night and the morning of that day, Once I saw the cop and started to slow down, Right away i started to slide And started to drift Towards the cop so decided to put my vehicle slighly in the oncoming lane since my driving lane was smaller than normal due to snow, Car turned around the corner so i had to go back over, but instead the truck started to slide towards the cop again and i couldnt slow down

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #24
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Ah, gotcha.

Crappy situation, but could've been a lot worse.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #25
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Personally, the video looks like something to me that could have been avoided, but I have no idea how much ice there was I am just judging based on the video. Looks like you kept going after seeing that car turn right and then put yourself into a sticky situation because it was too tight and too close for comfort... Tried to stop too late and slid. Seems impossible that you could slide that much with studded tires.. Anyways..

I live in new England, granted not near a lot of hills and have been driving on all season conti-touring contacts every winter with my 330i since I got her in 2005.

Best advice I can give to anyone is to turn off dsc, go around the block a few times, test your grip, blip the throttle, try to slide and see what kind of traction you have and how slippery the roads are. Blipping the throttle on a major road Here and there will also give you a pretty good idea of the potential for slippage. The frictionless surface and controlled sliding when careful is what I love about snow and winter and rear wheel drive baby.

Last edited by trizzuth; 11-13-2012 at 07:27 PM.
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #26
Ilovecars800490

My Ride: 2003 330i sport 5spd
I'm running general winters on stock sport wheels.

works great. Had no problem with snow last winter.
Ilovecars800490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #27
sgoetz628

My Ride: 2002 330 CiC
I live in SW Connecticut and drove my 330 convertible year-round for the first six years. First winter I put (the recommended) Blizzak 205/55 R16's on, with the package from TireRack. I didn't want to be switching tires on the rims, and in a couple of years recouped my investment. Plus, I put them on myself, so no waiting at a tire store after the first snow. And... it saves the good rims from the winter salt.

They performed extremely well and made the year-round driving, except under extreme conditions, completely doable. I recommend them to anyone who will encounter snow. Driving on summer tires in snow is just not an option. With even weight distribution, I never felt the need to keep sand bags or the like in the trunk. Keeping the tank more than half full will accomplish pretty much the same thing
sgoetz628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #28
mybmwisallst0ck

My Ride: BMW '02-330Ci, '99M3
Hey guys, i was lurking this thread. I am taking my GF to tahoe next weekend - and I only have my 330Ci (2002) to take us in.

I figure the drive up there will be really nice, until we hit the snow. I have low profile tires - wide back ones - probably not even all weather.

What chains do you guys recommend? I like those expensive ones, but don't want to spend a lot of cash - but dont want to have ass it either and end up in a ditch or needing new wheels