E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iCA
MS430056 TunerPro *.xdf *inside*

Hello guys,

iīm pretty proud of finally being able to share my second TunerPro xdf file with you

Its specifically designed to work with Siemens MS43 in Softwareversion 430056! Do not try to work with it with different Softwareversions (430037, 430055, 430066 and 430069) as it will just be a big mess! Iīll eventually work on that topic later, but it takes some time.

Now with this xdf file and a simple ftdi obd cable (+ software like Galletto) you can read, modify and write your own M54B** engine.

I do NOT take any resonsibility if using this file in any kind of wrong way or manner.

This is, to be honest, the most advanced and most powerful tuning file you can get your hands on for free and its even more powerful then Bimmer Editor

What this Software can do:
  • Itīll let you have a look at your stock ecu or current tune
  • It can help you understand the logic of your tune/tuner
  • Itīll make it possible to tweak your ecu in an almost professional way
  • Itīll make you even able to turn off safety features like knock control, so use it carefully and at your very own risk!

What this Software can NOT do:
  • It wonīt correct your checksum automatically! See my other threads for software solution
  • It wonīt let you download/upload from/to your ecu! See my other threads for software solution
  • It wonīt let you change the xdf itself, i locked the file
  • It wonīt do anykind of magic to your engine!
  • It wonīt give you knowledge, nor skills to be a tuning master!
  • It wonīt let you pass hours of testing and tweaking
  • It wonīt let you virginize your ecu as its designed to just work with the 64kb calibration file
  • It wonīt let you tweak other Softwareversion then 430056! If you have a different version, use WinKFP to update or go to a dealer and ask him to update your ecu to ZSBN 7545*** and use the xdf for MS430066

Other then that, have fun.

Positive and negative comments are very welcome.

If anyone is missing specific maps/scalars just let me know and iīll have a look at it.

Revision 1.11 is actual
http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/146655/file.html

Changelog:

Rev1.2
  • Changed some maps to scalars which makes much more sense
  • Added map size into the header of each map for easier handling
  • Added some interesting Lambdacontroller maps

Rev1.3
  • Added allowed values into header of config switches
  • Added axis definition into header of maps

Rev1.4
  • Added some missing axis definition into header of maps

Rev1.5
  • Added a map which automatically identifies the softwareversion of the used bin file

Rev1.6
  • Added min injection time map
  • Added units to the scalars and x*1 maps

Rev1.7
  • Added some Full-Load state maps

Rev1.8
  • Added all DTC scalars

Rev1.9
  • added map for ignition current setpoint

Rev1.11
  • corrected wrong conversion factor at some maps

#
For better looking and ordering, change the "View by:" to "Parameter categorie"
Note: Header of maps: "What the map is used for (Size of X-Axis*Size of Y-Axis) Input signal used for X-Axis -vs- Input signal used for Y-Axis"
Header of Config scalars: "What the scalar is used for (allowed entries in that scalar)"
#

Questions and Answers:

Quote:
Hello,
thank u a lot for what have you done, but i have a few questions.
1. I have removed exhaust flap with solenoid for it, SAP, secondary O2 with euro2 flash and i have no errors. So why are u using them in the XDF? Should i tune them all to 0 anyways?
2. Could You give or write some explanations of topics becouse its hard to understand ehich one what means?

anti-jerk maf,
CAN-CAL,
configuration RPM hysteresis overrun cutoff,
configuration RPM hysteresis overrun cutoff drive engaged,
TEG,
TIPR-END,
additive correction,
threshold recognition?
Quote:
Hi,

youīre welcome
lets try to summarize what you have done. Did you flash the EU2 version after removing exhaust flap?
if so, dme will check what kind of sensors are connected during the flash operation and if there is no exhaust flap solenoid, it will automatically switch those configs off.
by changing those configs manually, you donīt have to do a full flash with winkfp, rather then just upload your tune.
changing those configs manually will also give you the ability to turn off and remove different things which you canīt do by flashing with winkfp, like E-Fan removal.

For your question about explaining topics, iīm not quite shure what all those configs mean and what strategy is implemented with them. most configs are just 0/1 off/on switches like cruise control main switch. some even have up to 5 different allowable steps (0/1/2/3/4) like Conf_Cat, where i think "0" means no cats at all (SA199) , "1" and "2" maybe means (EU2-SA168) Cat without post-cat sensors, "3" probably means (EU3-SA169) variant with cats and post-cat sensors and "4" (EU4-SA167) will probably mean with SAP unit.

Last edited by daniel_f.; 12-26-2014 at 06:50 AM.
daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
daniel_f.

Just for you guys with softwareversion MS430056

Old 11-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
Davew
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2004 330ci Msport
Looking forward to loading my 64kb file tonight and having a look

Thank you very much for all your hard work Daniel
Old 11-19-2014, 12:38 AM   #4
daniel_f.

You are very welcome!
Old 11-19-2014, 05:49 PM   #5
Davew
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2004 330ci Msport
Hi Daniel

A quick question if I can

I have the ESS TS2+ tune. The software version is correct to this XDF. I have a 7200rpm redline, which is shown in some maps, but others only show up to a 6500rpm, ie camshaft vanos maps. Do you know why this would be?
Old 11-20-2014, 12:39 AM   #6
daniel_f.

Well, iīd say your tuner forgot them or is aware that they donīt want to change the camshaft above 6500rpm. I think the latter is the case.

Glad it fits your version

Last edited by daniel_f.; 11-20-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #7
dragondrpr

My Ride: 03 325xi
Is this e u file tune already? ...for fi ?
dragondrpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:47 AM   #8
daniel_f.

Tuning the engine will completely rely on each person on their own. Due to responsibility i donīt make tunes, nor will i publish them. Nevertheless i can give some information on what to change in case you got FI.