E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
the_iceman

My Ride: 99 323i RIP,01 330ci
Now what?!?!?!

Whats goin on everyone. I don't normally refer to this type of thing and to be honest I have never reallly been in a position like this.

I guess I should start a while back and the end of my race prepped 323i that was totaled when some asshole decided it would be cool to run a red light and T-bone me. Long story short I was able to get all my parts off it and buy a 330ci so it ended well from a certain extent. I probably should have taken that as a clue as to how my luck was guna go cuz about a week before that happened I met the most amazing girl in my life.

Some background on her...shes a few months older then me (26) very independent and career/goal driven. shes sweet but has a bitchy side to her as well which is a perfect balance and honestly one of the things I love the most about her. Shes incredibly supportive of me and my goals and racing career.

I have dated my fair share of women....over 20 gfs but only 5 of which were pretty serious and lasted for a while. Not guna lie I can be a bit of a dick but I'm not one. Like I have the side of me that doesnt give a flying F*** and thats why I've dated so many women but when it comes right down to it and someone comes up that is more then just a, whatever you wanta call it, I don't treat it so lightly.

This isn't the first time I've gotten dumped by a girl that I've cared about or a girl that I've been in love with but typically its like "ok this sux but means im single and time to go chase other girls." Does that make me a bad person? idk I think for when this was happening I was young enough that it was normal. Since that time I took some time to be single and figure out what I really wanted in a girl and got myself ready for something that would lead to "the next step".

So heres my problem....when my gf and I met it was instant chemistry like I had never experienced before! We talked for a while before making it official but when we did we took off. Like everything was perfect and was going so smoothly it was almost too good to be true.

Now heres where it gets a little tricky....this lasted 3 months and then she decided to end things one morning. When we finally talked about the reasons she said that we moved way to fast and were acting like we had been dating for years not months. I agree with that observation and I also agreed with the fact that we were both at fault in this. The other thing she said was that I was "too nice" and she wanted me to put her in her place when she needed it.

To be honest that was a very true statement. When we met and started dating I was so excited and nervous about the prospect of what could happen i was way too "nice" about things. Like overly nice, mainly because I didn't want to show her a side of me that I thought she wouldnt like.

She was looking for someone more permanent and I didn't want to give her the impression that I didn't care about the relationship and that I was just being a dick all the time. unfortunately I went too far the other way. Thats on me.

We had a conversation and talked it out and decided on still seeing each other as "friends" so we can have an opportunity to get to know each other more like we were unable to do when we first started dated. This would give us time before jumping back into a realtionship. We were in a pretty good place and I was excited about the road we were going down. We made really good progress at the beginning of this week and now I feel like were going backwards.

The breakup happened 2 weeks ago and its been miserable. I know that shes the person the I'm supposed to be with and there is no doubt in my mind about that. I've never had this kind of connection with anyone I've ever been with and I know that we will work things out and get back together at some point.

My problem is now how do I go about doing that? I'm not the most patient person in the world so I'm trying not to get frustrated by all of this and staying calm knowing that its going to happen but it sux going through it. I need help on how to make it. How to stick it out till were able to resolve all the issues that are in play right now and we get back to a point where were moving forward and healing as a couple.

I don't need to be told that shes letting me down nicely and all that BS cuz its not productive. It takes a lot for me to say this but I'm in this for the long haul. I've never been so sure about something or someone in my whole life and I've never wanted something so much. Again I know that were going to get back together I just need help knowing what to do and how to do it to get to there.

Last edited by the_iceman; 10-18-2012 at 10:34 PM.
the_iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Brevik
Modded ///Member

My Ride: Tiag M3
Paragraphs, in before
Brevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
the_iceman

Sorry put it in paragraphs
Old 10-19-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
gqkris

My Ride: 02 BMW M3 99 Cr-V
Why dont you just be yourself like how you say you were like before you started to act too nice? If you guys are still seeing each others as friends then just keep doing normal day to day stuff (friends, gym, hanging out with other girls etc) and just let things happen, if they dont they dont. Let her see that its not the end of the world if you guys srent together.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Bimmer App
gqkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
the_iceman

Honestly I don't know why I was afraid to let her see that side of me. I've never done that before. I guess I just thought differently about this girl and didn't wanta do anything to screw it up
Old 10-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Race prepped 323i
Old 10-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
the_iceman

And your point is.....?????
Old 10-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #8
gqkris

My Ride: 02 BMW M3 99 Cr-V
Right now id probably only see her like once week. And let her know that youve got other things to do instead of being this nice lil puppy dog. And try not to respond so quickly to texts and calls. Sorry if this may sound like a game but it always is.
Once you start worrying about whst you do and how you say things that might get her mad and that you dont want to mess things up then shes got the upper hand.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Bimmer App
gqkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #10
chivo328

My Ride: 328ci/330ci/633csi
She's letting you down nicely. She isn't ready for life in the fast lane as a race car drivers wife.
chivo328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
Brevik
Modded ///Member

My Ride: Tiag M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivo328 View Post
She's letting you down nicely. She isn't ready for life in the fast lane as a race car drivers wife.
Brevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:41 PM   #12
the_iceman

That video is incredibly applicable in this situation except I lost her.

Hahah not ready for life of a race car divers wife is good I like that.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
Treburkulosis

My Ride: BMW
She is getting poked by someone else/ thread.
Treburkulosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #14
stevenluczynski

My Ride: Is Steel Blue<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_iceman View Post
Sorry put it in paragraphs
no. no you didn't
Old 12-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #15
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Race prepped 323i
glad I wasn't the only one that caught this. Vain anyone???

Stop forcing the issue. It wasn't that things were moving too fast between the two of you (who doesn't want things to click in a new relationship) it was that you changed and voila she lost interest. Sounds like a nice girl just trying to put you down lightly.

Maybe it isn't over, but regardless you need to get back out there and shake off that puppy love.
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #16
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Stopped reading at race prepped 323
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #17
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
OP 323 has V8 transplanted engine...
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote