E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
S-Works

My Ride: 02 330ci
New to me 02 330ci, clock reads zero's

Just bought this car yesterday (first BMW) , can't set the clock. It reads zero's. I've read through some posts, but have not found anything specific.

The button for setting the clock works when you push it in to change outside temp between C and F. But in the clock display, it does nothing. When rotated either way or pushed.

My thinking so far is the switch is bad for rotating, but not pushing. Anything else? Is there a repair for the switch??

TIA
S-Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
On the turn signal lever thing, you can push that thing in to get different readings: mpg, mph, temp, clock.

Set that to clock and try again.
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
S-Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskisky View Post
On the turn signal lever thing, you can push that thing in to get different readings: mpg, mph, temp, clock.

Set that to clock and try again.
Thanks for your response, but I'm referring to the clock set button not working to set the time when it's in the proper mode.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Unplug the negative terminal of your battery for a while...maybe that'll reset something.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
NE1L

My Ride: 320Cd M-Sport
I think you need to have the stereo set to display the clock as well as the cluster before you can set the time. Then you can change the stereo display back to what you want.
NE1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
There are bigger problems to worry about than this useless clock.
Check and replace cooling system
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
tcphoto

My Ride: '01 325Cic TiAg
Start reading the owners manual, it's available online if you don't have one and it contains a wealth of information.
tcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
There are bigger problems to worry about than this useless clock.
Check and replace cooling system
HAHA.

OP, I re-read your original post and I noticed I misread it! Maybe get a new turn thingy?

OR always leave your radio on, and never push it in clock position so problem dissapears =P
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
scarede46er

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i ZSP
Rotate the other knob. That will set the clock. Hold the torque to make the time change faster.
scarede46er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #10
S-Works

HaHaHa, you guys are bit more livier than the Saabnet crew. I like it!

I've read the manual, that's how I learned how to set the clock. I've had both displays set to clock. Nothing.

It has 125K on the clock, I have PO invoices for water pump at 95K, but I don't know what kind of Pump. I was going to change it to zero things out, along with the oil, tranny, etc. What water pump is the pump to get for this car? Coolant? Auto tranny fluid of choice too.

TIA

PS: the switch I think is bad is the one on the instrument cluster, not the turn signal stalk.

Last edited by S-Works; 12-01-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Works View Post
HaHaHa, you guys are bit more livier than the Saabnet crew. I like it!

I've read the manual
, that's how I learned how to set the clock. I've had both displays set to clock. Nothing.

It has 125K on the clock, I have PO invoices for water pump at 95K, but I don't know what kind of Pump. I was going to change it to zero things out, along with the oil, tranny, etc. What water pump is the pump to get for this car? Coolant? Auto tranny fluid of choice too.

TIA

PS: the switch I think is bad is the one on the instrument cluster, not the turn signal stalk.
Quote:

I've read the manual
HOLY **** GENIUS

WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote