E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
BMARTINW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 22
My Ride: E46 S54 SALOON
S54 swap, were could i get the EWS deleted off my DME, help?

Like the title says, doesn anyone know we're I could get the EWS deleted of my ECU/DME? I'm in Cali.
BMARTINW is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
TerraPhantm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain Top
Posts: 5,942
My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Do you want to eliminate it completely? Would virginizing it be sufficient? Virginizing it would allow it to pair with your existing EWS
__________________

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 08-12-2013 at 07:40 PM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
JohnBlaze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 7,153
My Ride: Black Sunshine
If there's no one local you can trust, you can use these guys. I know two people who found success using them to align everything and I'm one of them.

http://www.rpmmotorsport.net/
__________________
JohnBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
BMARTINW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 22
My Ride: E46 S54 SALOON
I'm doing a s54 swap on my 01 sedan, I think it need to be deleted because from what I've read my 330 EWS won't work with a s54 DME, what I need is to get the EWS deleted, and most people say to get the DSC deleted too but I want to put the whole brake system from an M3 I know it would be a PITA but I'm more than half ways done so might as well finish it.i looked in to RPM but they are expensive, I've seen a couple of plp around but johnblaze has a point.
BMARTINW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
HakenTT
OEM ///Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: gross deutsches reich USA
Posts: 544
My Ride: 323i with S54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMARTINW View Post
Like the title says, doesn anyone know we're I could get the EWS deleted of my ECU/DME? I'm in Cali.
I would say I am the most qualified to tune your ECU for your swap. Here is my S54 swap thread:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=977520
__________________
---------------------
Siemens tuning junkie
HakenTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #6
TerraPhantm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain Top
Posts: 5,942
My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMARTINW View Post
I'm doing a s54 swap on my 01 sedan, I think it need to be deleted because from what I've read my 330 EWS won't work with a s54 DME, what I need is to get the EWS deleted, and most people say to get the DSC deleted too but I want to put the whole brake system from an M3 I know it would be a PITA but I'm more than half ways done so might as well finish it.i looked in to RPM but they are expensive, I've seen a couple of plp around but johnblaze has a point.
The EWS modules are all the same; as long as the M3 DME is virginized, it'll willingly pair with the EWS. I can also delete it, but unless you plan on swapping DMEs frequently, I think it's better to retain the EWS (for whatever security it adds). M3 DME would have also played fine with the 330 DSC.
__________________

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 08-13-2013 at 12:07 AM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
JohnBlaze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 7,153
My Ride: Black Sunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
The EWS modules are all the same; as long as the M3 DME is virginized, it'll willingly pair with the EWS. I can also delete it, but unless you plan on swapping DMEs frequently, I think it's better to retain the EWS (for whatever security it adds). M3 DME would have also played fine with the 330 DSC.
I think that depends on the pieces you're coupling, for instance if you had a 01 330i to start with, and a 05 M3 you were using to morph there are some variances there when comparing to a 01 M3.

Good luck OP which ever path you travel. If you're not to far from Khalid I think his name is, you should holler at holler at him.
__________________
JohnBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
TerraPhantm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain Top
Posts: 5,942
My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
I think that depends on the pieces you're coupling, for instance if you had a 01 330i to start with, and a 05 M3 you were using to morph there are some variances there when comparing to a 01 M3.

Good luck OP which ever path you travel. If you're not to far from Khalid I think his name is, you should holler at holler at him.
An 01 330's DSC is actually closer to an 05 M3's than an 01 M3s. 01+ E46 non-Ms and 03+ M3s have the DSC MK60 module. 01 and 02 M3s have the DSC MK20. EWS module didn't change throughout the run, so that's not a problem

But either way it doesn't matter. The DMEs are all essentially the same (technically there was a change in 2004, but they're backwards and forward compatible -- BMW actually sells you the newer variant even if you're ordering for an 01 M3)
__________________

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 08-13-2013 at 01:52 PM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
JohnBlaze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 7,153
My Ride: Black Sunshine
ok.
__________________
JohnBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use