E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 05:20 AM   #1
TCe46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 21
My Ride: 2004 330ci Cab
TV tuner won't receive analog ch10

Hi guys, this post is directed to my Australian comrades only as it is a local problem....
I have a 2004 330 Convertible with TV. The TV receives both analog and digital stations but for some reason I can't get Ch10 in analog. I should mention it's my 2nd BM. My 1st was a 2001 325ci - Also with TV (analog only). My old 325ci had no problem receiving Ch10.
Has anyone else experienced this problem with not receiving CH10?
TCe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:57 AM   #2
TMQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Me!bourne, Australia
Posts: 2,677
My Ride: Golf R, E46 330CiC
Send a message via MSN to TMQ
god i hate you.... i want digital soo bad

but seriously that is very bizarre and i dont know if i can help sorry
TMQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
andrewjuma
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 58
My Ride: None
How do you get digital on your TV, or does it come standard with the facelift models?
andrewjuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
CortinaD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,146
My Ride: lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCe46 View Post
Hi guys, this post is directed to my Australian comrades only as it is a local problem....
I have a 2004 330 Convertible with TV. The TV receives both analog and digital stations but for some reason I can't get Ch10 in analog. I should mention it's my 2nd BM. My 1st was a 2001 325ci - Also with TV (analog only). My old 325ci had no problem receiving Ch10.
Has anyone else experienced this problem with not receiving CH10?
Yes and you probably have metallic tint on your rear window. Best bet would be to remove the tint and get a non metallic.
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
PLAN-B
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: planet earth
Posts: 677
My Ride: 2005 E60 525i update
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjuma View Post
How do you get digital on your TV, or does it come standard with the facelift models?
came standard on my facelift.
__________________
PLAN-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
Sam_Micropak_AU
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,502
My Ride: E46 M3 Convert
taylor digital tv is great when you're stationary, but when you're moving it cuts in and out too frequently - and as you'd know, with digital tv the audio is either on or off. When im driving i just watch the analogue channels because at least the audio stays on but just diminishes in quality as you go in and out of reception. If im stationary, or waiting for someone then ill watch the digital stations, but even then the picture is not always full screen

as for not recieving chan 10, i cant get analogue 10 in the city, in fact i cant get alot of channels sometimes, but as i move out of the cbd, i start to get more channels in the listing. Its prob just a reception issue you're having

just connect up a dvd player, get a stereo shop to wire it for stereo sound, and watch that instead. I love watching music concerts on dvd - but the key is getting it to play in stereo sound, otherwise if u connect through the AUX on the tv tuner, it will give you mono sound

tv is good if u have the advanced tv in motion lead from Dietz. Rather than watching the nav screen all the time, i can put tv on, then switch to listening to my mp3 changer, radio or front loading cd

Last edited by Sam_Micropak_AU; 03-04-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Sam_Micropak_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #7
glendo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 206
My Ride: 02 325i Individual
what do you think is the better option? OEM bmw widescreen TV/Nav on non-BMW?

i dont have one fitted, but have found them on ebay for about $1600.. there is also some nice alpine and pioneer models out there....
__________________

2nd car, 2nd BMW
glendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:20 AM   #8
Atlas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,245
My Ride: 320i
Send a message via ICQ to Atlas
My analog-only tv gets ch10 no probs... and if you get an ibus device you can program your tv-in-motion... no cable required =)

domino - is your mp3 stacker factory?
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:47 AM   #9
TMQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Me!bourne, Australia
Posts: 2,677
My Ride: Golf R, E46 330CiC
Send a message via MSN to TMQ
did everyone buy the leads to get the TV in motion cause you know that your local independent can just turn it off through your OBD
TMQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #10
Sam_Micropak_AU
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,502
My Ride: E46 M3 Convert
I used the Dietz cable - it slots in inbetween the factory harness and the tuner, 5 min job

i went the Dietz advanced cable so i can play music or radio while watching TV, plus it's a necessity in getting my DVD player to play stereo, as we map the sound through the MP3 stacker

Atlas, yes my car came with factory MP3 stacker - when you press SELECT on the headunit, there is an option called DIRECTORY that lets you scroll through the folders you create on the mp3 disc

Last edited by Sam_Micropak_AU; 03-05-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Sam_Micropak_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #11
Sam_Micropak_AU
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,502
My Ride: E46 M3 Convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendo View Post
what do you think is the better option? OEM bmw widescreen TV/Nav on non-BMW?

i dont have one fitted, but have found them on ebay for about $1600.. there is also some nice alpine and pioneer models out there....

you can buy a sweet double din screen these days for that much. And the dash kits are pretty good quality. You will have to relocate the HVAC to the lower centre console slot, i think theres a BMW part kit to do that
Sam_Micropak_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #12
TCe46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 21
My Ride: 2004 330ci Cab
I personally don't think your missing much by not having digital. Reception is never good enough when you are on the move and therefore is always dropping in and out. I prefer the anaolg channels as at least the picture and sound always stay on even if the picture isn't as sharp.
TCe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #13
TCe46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 21
My Ride: 2004 330ci Cab
Yes. It came standard but digital is only ok if you are stationary.
TCe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #14
TCe46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 21
My Ride: 2004 330ci Cab
Yes I do have tint on all the windows and I have heard the tint could be causing it accept I don't understand why then I get all the other channels OK. Especially Ch10 which in Melbourne generally is the most difficult station to get good reception on. Why do you narrow it down to the rear window only? By the way how can you tell if it is metallic tint?
TCe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #15
TCe46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 21
My Ride: 2004 330ci Cab
Hi domino_z - CortinaD suggested it could be my window tint. Do you have tint in your convertible? I have the DVD player set up but still like the TV too. I want it all!
TCe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #16
Sam_Micropak_AU
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,502
My Ride: E46 M3 Convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCe46 View Post
Hi domino_z - CortinaD suggested it could be my window tint. Do you have tint in your convertible? I have the DVD player set up but still like the TV too. I want it all!
have you hooked up your DVD player to give stereo sound - that's pretty much the last step to getting the most out of the oem nav screen

no i dont have tint dude. The antenna for the TV is mounted on the actual unit in the boot. Tint wont make a difference
Sam_Micropak_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #17
TCe46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 21
My Ride: 2004 330ci Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
have you hooked up your DVD player to give stereo sound - that's pretty much the last step to getting the most out of the oem nav screen

no i dont have tint dude. The antenna for the TV is mounted on the actual unit in the boot. Tint wont make a difference
No, I haven't got the stereo sound but no biggy for my needs as I only use the DVD for the kids (Movies keep them quiet on those longer trips). Not getting analog Ch10 is bugging me. Doesn't make sense as every other channel comes up... even ch31! Anyway, looks like I will need to just accept it. Thanks for your feedback.
TCe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #18
Mitch_
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brisvegas, QLD, Australia
Posts: 288
My Ride: '99 E46 328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
did everyone buy the leads to get the TV in motion cause you know that your local independent can just turn it off through your OBD
do you know which menu or what not they need to go to. i'm going to get my mate to disable it, but he says he doesnt know how to do it ...
Mitch_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #19
CortinaD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,146
My Ride: lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCe46 View Post
No, I haven't got the stereo sound but no biggy for my needs as I only use the DVD for the kids (Movies keep them quiet on those longer trips). Not getting analog Ch10 is bugging me. Doesn't make sense as every other channel comes up... even ch31! Anyway, looks like I will need to just accept it. Thanks for your feedback.
Not sure about verts but yeah I had this problem 4 few years ago in the 330 and did everything to try and repair it. Heres a copy of what BMW did to my car. The VM in another car and it worked perfectly.

Reason mine came about was because I bought a new VM when I did the 16:9 conversion. Every other channel other than 10 worked with the new VM.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CCI00001.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	305551  
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #20
TCe46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 21
My Ride: 2004 330ci Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaD View Post
Not sure about verts but yeah I had this problem 4 few years ago in the 330 and did everything to try and repair it. Heres a copy of what BMW did to my car. The VM in another car and it worked perfectly.

Reason mine came about was because I bought a new VM when I did the 16:9 conversion. Every other channel other than 10 worked with the new VM.

Thanks CortinaD, I will run this by my local dealer.
TCe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use