E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
kimfogs

My Ride: 'Vert
New Suspension Feels Crappy.. help!

Hey fellas..
Recently installed H&R touring cup kit and 100% new front end suspension parts..control arms and bushings, sway bar links, tie rods and also brand new rotors and pads all around. Two new front wheel bearing assemblies.

I'm assuming the kit rides rough which is OK but I feel like there is more play in the front end now than there was before all the new parts! The alignment was done by the shop also.

Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!!

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
Jesse M

My Ride: 05' ZHP
Elaborate when you say there is more play? How does the car drive/feel when you turn the wheel? slow/fast
Jesse M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
subieworx

My Ride: ZHP, 335, E53, E30
What are the alignment specs?
subieworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
kimfogs

Not sure of alignment specs. How would I find out?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 11-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
kimfogs

Car pulls hard left and right when I go over uneven spots in road. Extreme when I'm driving slow..like approaching red light. I've also got the extreme front end vibration at lower speeds. The slower I go, the worse it gets. It actually vibrates so badly that the whole dash board vibrates inside the car! Changed out both front wheel hub assemblies to no avail.

The wheel pulling is ridiculous. I changed out a lot of front end suspension parts so I don't think I should be fighting the wheel. Could it be a bent or unbalanced front wheel?

Also, H&R Touring Cup kit feels like it doesn't absorb any road whatsoever. I expected a change but not this drastic i guess.

In the same day I did both hub assy, both tie rods, both sway bar assy, both control arms with bushings, H&R cup kit, slotted rotors, brake pads. You would think I would have a super car now but its far from it.

Any suggestions guys? I don't even want to drive my car anymore...

Old 11-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
JaYaRe

My Ride: goes, Brroom Brooom
how stiffer???
Old 11-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
jhaurimn

My Ride: 01' 330ci
Was it doing that before the suspension overhaul? Sounds like the car is way out of alignment or suspension parts were installed incorrectly. Check height of each corner and see if they are the same (driver side might be a little higher with no driver in the car)

Something definitely isn't right because your cars steering should feel awesome with all the stuff you replaced!
2001 M3 - 90xxx
1989 325i - 2??,???

Last edited by jhaurimn; 11-14-2012 at 03:07 PM.
jhaurimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #8
kimfogs

It was doing the bad vibration before the overhaul but not the poor handling. I'll take it back to the shop and have them check it out. Or maybe a new shop since these guys let me take the car this way. Kinda makes me wonder about them.