E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #41
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahmed2016 View Post
lol Being in a Cash money business, my father carries a pistol, smart Dad

I have a taser, sister carries MACE, and Mom's got knives. - EVERYWHERE.
That means you have to be up close and personal with them. What if they are bigger or move faster ? What if THEY have a gun ? Glad to see you are ok but your logic is flawed.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #42
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
If someone breaks into my house to take my camera or my computer they definitely deserve to be shot, automatically.

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds

Last edited by Grande D; 11-13-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #43
aahmed2016

My Ride: 2003 330i ZSP/CP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
For me... ^This.

Unless you are involved in criminal activity or live in a particularly high crime area, or a big target in general, what are the actual odds that you're going to have to defend yourself from intruders in your home? Perhaps I'm naive but I've lived in and around major cities almost my entire life and the only instances I've ever heard of this have involved people who were involved in shady dealings (and thus with shady people), extremely high profile or high net worth individuals who were big targets (pro athletes) or folks who came home and caught someone in the act, and in those cases every time I remember the suspect tried to flee...

I'd be much more concerned about someone breaking in and taking my firearm and using it to kill someone else, and I'd bet those odds are higher. Caveat: If I lived anywhere that might be considered remote I'd likely view differently and there are also wild animals to consider. I don't mean to redirect OP, fn shame, I'd be so pissed I'd go out and buy a flamethrower and stand in my backyard shotgunning beers and screaming for them to come back and try again...

But big mean dog that understands human intentions > firearm for me.

No win situation with scumbags really.
My family has like 3 gas stations, a bread factory, and a hardware store that we collect rent from. Most of our stations are in Riverdale, and College Park GA. So yeah, most of the people who have came into any of our stores either have held up a C-Store or gas station, or know of someone who has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
Spends $2000 on car DVD + stereo -> Running 25000 mile oil changes and 87 gas with blown shocks
aahmed2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #44
aahmed2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
That means you have to be up close and personal with them. What if they are bigger or move faster ? What if THEY have a gun ? Glad to see you are ok but your logic is flawed.
Tasers shoot, stun guns are the up close and personal ones. MACE gets kinda far, but I get your point. we have a crossbow in the house at all times, but the thing is, if its more than one guy, you're screwed. like one hit, rebolt and then hit. We normally have a rifle or two, but when my dad heads out in hunting season, he either takes one or both. But we are getting a second pistol in the house for the future.

Quote:
Spends $2000 on car DVD + stereo -> Running 25000 mile oil changes and 87 gas with blown shocks
Old 11-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #45
HiHoBrian

My Ride: 05 M3
If you go as far as putting outdoor survalance cameras at you house, definatly concider putting one where the licence plate of a vehical leaving your property or street can be clearly seen on the vid. Like a wireless cam inside a post lamp by a walkway. Tracking down a masked man that beat you up and stole you stuff is hard,but running a plate is real easy.
Also in my opinion,being in a "nice" neighborhood makes you a more profitable target to thieves. So not expecting crime happens in nice neighborhoods is flawed logic to me.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Old 11-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #46
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
If someone breaks into my house to take my camera or my computer they definitely deserve to be shot, automatically.

Because when someone breaks into your house, they always announce their intentions first.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #47
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Tasers shoot, stun guns are the up close and personal ones. MACE gets kinda far, but I get your point. we have a crossbow in the house at all times, but the thing is, if its more than one guy, you're screwed. like one hit, rebolt and then hit. We normally have a rifle or two, but when my dad heads out in hunting season, he either takes one or both. But we are getting a second pistol in the house for the future.
Unless you are the elf from Lord Of The Rings, you are not even going to get a single shot off before the 220lb baddie is on top of you beating your face in. A baseball bat is FAR more effective.

The bow is the second worst weapon, second only to a knife, unless you are a professional brazilian knife fighter, you are most likely going to get stabbed with your own knife.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #48
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:

What if said criminal sees your wife/gf/daughter and decides they want to gave a go?

Just gonna sit and watch?

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #49
Grande D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
What if said criminal sees your wife/gf/daughter and decides they want to gave a go?

Just gonna sit and watch?
No, then you shoot.

BUT- lots of people here seem to think property is worth more than a human life.

Your life is worth more than your pride. I avoid confrontation unless it's absolutely necessary.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #50
325inthe510

Quote:
No, then you shoot.

BUT- lots of people here seem to think property is worth more than a human life.

Your life is worth more than your pride. I avoid confrontation unless it's absolutely necessary.
Anybody who decides to forcibly enter someone else's home to steal their things and possibly do more forfeits their right to be called human.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #51
Grande D

Quote:
Anybody who decides to forcibly enter someone else's home to steal their things and possibly do more forfeits their right to be called human.
I had a person break into my house while I was there. They stole over $3k worth of things- they were mostly through by the time I woke up.

I did not shoot them and wouldn't if it happened again.

I'd rather have a camera system and have them ID'd after the fact.

It's easy to act all tough until you're in the situation where you could take another human life.

Somebody who threatens or inflict bodily harm it could be argued shouldn't be called a human.

Someone who steals things? Still human.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #52
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Lol at. ^^^^^^^^

A criminal decided not to kill you that day.
The decision and your future to live or die was 0% in your hands.

Wake up man. You keep assuming that the next person won't do more than rob you.

You be sure to windex those security camera lenses

I'll keep my guns clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 11-13-2012 at 10:08 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #53
Locutus09

My Ride: Something Slow
Quote:
I had a person break into my house while I was there. They stole over $3k worth of things- they were mostly through by the time I woke up.

It's easy to act all tough until you're in the situation where you could take another human life.

Somebody who threatens or inflict bodily harm it could be argued shouldn't be called a human.

LOL have them ID'd later. You're hilarious.

So they steal something and get away. What says they arent going to come back?

There was a story about a homeowner who was robbed in Cleveland. The robber stole a TV, and left....but he left 1 window unlocked.

Homeowner noticed this and got his shotgun ready.

Guess what? Robber came back with a knife the next night. Dude blew his brains out.

Saying they are only coming for property is comical.

I can list the article when I get to my computer if you do desire.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Bimmer App
Old 11-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #54
aahmed2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Unless you are the elf from Lord Of The Rings, you are not even going to get a single shot off before the 220lb baddie is on top of you beating your face in. A baseball bat is FAR more effective.

The bow is the second worst weapon, second only to a knife, unless you are a professional brazilian knife fighter, you are most likely going to get stabbed with your own knife.
Haha way ahead of you, I have a lifting bar with about 15 lb dumbbells on it. I can comfortably lift it, and bash in heads.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #55
aahmed2016

Quote:

Sorry but this is plain stupid. There are multiple occasions where me or someone in my direct family pulled out a gun because of a third person either following them, or trying to enter my house. If a thief finds something, they WILL be back. No doubt at all. Happened to someone I know. He was in the house hiding, and got robbed, and as they left, the left the basement door unlocked, and about 2 or so windows unlocked. And once you pull out a gun, make damage. Make sure they can't get vengeance. Take out their legs or arms or something.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #56
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Haha way ahead of you, I have a lifting bar with about 15 lb dumbbells on it. I can comfortably lift it, and bash in heads.
do you even lift bro

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #57
325inthe510

Quote:
Sorry but this is plain stupid. There are multiple occasions where me or someone in my direct family pulled out a gun because of a third person either following them, or trying to enter my house. If a thief finds something, they WILL be back. No doubt at all. Happened to someone I know. He was in the house hiding, and got robbed, and as they left, the left the basement door unlocked, and about 2 or so windows unlocked. And once you pull out a gun, make damage. Make sure they can't get vengeance. Take out their legs or arms or something.
Yeah, nah you never do that.

EVER.

If you've got a gun and you intend to shoot them you better do your best to make sure they don't get up, because they will sue the sh!t out of you and there's nothing you can do about it.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #58
sea6speed

My Ride: 2011 135i 6MT
Quote:
My family has like 3 gas stations, a bread factory, and a hardware store that we collect rent from. Most of our stations are in Riverdale, and College Park GA. So yeah, most of the people who have came into any of our stores either have held up a C-Store or gas station, or know of someone who has.

Move. Leave. Relocate. Go to Cobb county. Buy whatever you can afford in a good area, just remove yourself from the problem area.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #59
aahmed2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea6speed View Post

Move. Leave. Relocate. Go to Cobb county. Buy whatever you can afford in a good area, just remove yourself from the problem area.
So many memories in the house we currently are in, and weve down so much to make it ours. Meh.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #60
aahmed2016

Quote:
Yeah, nah you never do that.

EVER.

If you've got a gun and you intend to shoot them you better do your best to make sure they don't get up, because they will sue the sh!t out of you and there's nothing you can do about it.
Thanks for the heads up.

Quote: