E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #61
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
ok, so I bit and started watching. He started by saying he's concerned about the alignment of the planets, then goes on to say a particle accelerator is going to crack the tectonic plates, releasing methane gas, which will create swirling fireballs.

Maya pls.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #62
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Do you actually believe him when he says that the Maya pyramids are actually particle accelerators?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #63
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex View Post
What qualifies someone as a physicist or a doctor? A piece of paper? Interest in the topic? Experience?

If anyone here can show the rest of us how they have consciousness or what they were before they were born on this planet then maybe they should speak up. Otherwise accept the fact that you have no effing idea about anything in this "reality" other than what has been spoon fed to you by "established" science/media etc.
Ignorance at its finest

Sapphire Black MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/ZCW/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SunRoofLess/5MT
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #64
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Drex - if you have a blog of any sort, I'd love to follow it. And I hate blogs, I just think yours would provide endless entertainment.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #65
benjamin1

My Ride: 350z track edition
Every time I see one of drex's threads I think about this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1352921473.947356.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	478174

Do you seriously go through life the way you post on this forum? I can't imagine you having any friends/family.

benjamin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #66
kuksul08

My Ride: M3
Watch the intro then go to 15:00. This is actually pretty intriguing.

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #67
NOVAbimmer

Guys... I are some old yogurt I found in the back of my fridge last night, and it opened my eyes.

An extra dimensional being with a name that can't be pronounced on an iPhone revealed everything to me. A great ending is coming next month, an ending to our current level of consciousness. The planets will have a never-before seen arrangement, which will have a precise interaction of gravitational forces on the earth, which will cause all the mercury in the oceans to coalesce into an intelligent form. Its name will be Fred.

This living mercury will bring us peace and enlightenment, and safe tuna. It will carry with it the wisdom of millennia of ocean metal wisdom. This will bring about a rebirth of human consciousness.

Trust me.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #68
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
I never said I believed everything this man is talking about. I always keep my mind open to all possibilities and I let personal experience decide what I am going to believe in, not some textbook or scientist or colorful glowing tube in the living room.

I find it quite amusing how badly some people like to attack ideas outside the norm. Gotta keep the mind in that cozy box you built yourself...
Jesus tapdancing christ what do you think science is? Mass bending the fabric of space not out-there enough for you? What about an object existing in two places at once? Levitation and the meissner effect? Action at a distance and quantum entanglement? I guarantee you that if you asked the average person if any of that was real they would question it.

Copernicus' theories were heresy in his time and Galileo was put under house arrest because of his claims. Countless scientists have been ridiculed and put to death for their audacious claims, but here's where we depart from the nonsense you posted, they had the math and observations to back them up. I don't care how convincing someone is, be it a Mayan "physicist" or MIT professor, if they don't have hard data to back up their claims then they might as well be lunatics as far as the scientific community is concerned.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #69
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Guys... I are some old yogurt I found in the back of my fridge last night, and it opened my eyes.

An extra dimensional being with a name that can't be pronounced on an iPhone revealed everything to me. A great ending is coming next month, an ending to our current level of consciousness. The planets will have a never-before seen arrangement, which will have a precise interaction of gravitational forces on the earth, which will cause all the mercury in the oceans to coalesce into an intelligent form. Its name will be Fred.

This living mercury will bring us peace and enlightenment, and safe tuna. It will carry with it the wisdom of millennia of ocean metal wisdom. This will bring about a rebirth of human consciousness.

Trust me.
Hey hey hey, I know a "Fred". Even though Fred is a manager where I work, it still took years of teasing before he realized he was tucking his dress shirt into his underwear instead of into his pants. Thus, I flat out refuse to believe anything intelligent will ever happen with people named Fred!!!
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #70
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
Wall Street traders are not smart, they're just good crooks.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #71
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Jesus tapdancing christ what do you think science is? Mass bending the fabric of space not out-there enough for you? What about an object existing in two places at once? Levitation and the meissner effect? Action at a distance and quantum entanglement? I guarantee you that if you asked the average person if any of that was real they would question it.

Copernicus' theories were heresy in his time and Galileo was put under house arrest because of his claims. Countless scientists have been ridiculed and put to death for their audacious claims, but here's where we depart from the nonsense you posted, they had the math and observations to back them up. I don't care how convincing someone is, be it a Mayan "physicist" or MIT professor, if they don't have hard data to back up their claims then they might as well be lunatics as far as the scientific community is concerned.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #72
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:

Good work
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #73
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Quote:
I trade stock for a private firm

I actually found this video on one of the trading blogs I follow.

http://www.zentrader.ca/blog/?p=15836

But I guess if wall st. traders watch this stuff it must be totally bunk...
I call BS. That video doesn't have enough fart jokes or drug references for traders to be interested.
brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #74
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Quote:

You are always my hero in threads like these

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #75
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
wat
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #76
eee4666

My Ride: '02 325i / '07 600RR
Every drex response is sig worthy

And cowmoo as usual.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #77
Sicily1918
There I was, Sicily, 1918..

My Ride: 1995 E36/2003 E46
Oh, for God's sake, listen to cowmoo32!

I actually did research on this subject for a screenplay... the Mayans called the counting "B'ak'tun" and, in a nutshell, the only reason it 'ends' in 2012 is because their original calendar ran out of numbers. When they developed/enahnced the Long-Count (their numbering system was bizarre, with some digits being 19-decimal while other numbers in the same sequence were base 12 (I believe... it's been a few years)) they took the calendar way the hell out beyond 2012. There's no record that the Mayans believed anything other than a new B'ak'tun (#14) begins on 12/21/2012, which is like saying a new millenium begins... big deal (other than it calls for a big party).

Go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoame...Count_calendar
Sicily1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #78
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Watch the intro then go to 15:00. This is actually pretty intriguing.

"I don't look for success, I don't have goals, I don't believe in good or bad. I see the world as energy."

We have those people here, too. They're called deadbeats. And yes, it's easy to be happy when you're a deadbeat. I wouldn't call it living at a higher consciousness level, though.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #79
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:

mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #80
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
I wont get into it on this forum cause it useless.... But I will say I never heard this side of the Mayan story about Dec 21 and it sounds very interesting.
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote