E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 01:32 AM   #1
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Got three offenses in one ticket, officer was mad

Can someone write what he officer wrote for first offense? (he mentioned speeding, illegal tint, no signal while passing, passing on right) cannot read his handwriting for 1st one.

Officer wrote the wrong street speed limit, it's 40mph not 35. I was going 42mph in a 40mph zone. I saw cop's car, I would not be stupid enough to break the law let alone right in front of a cop.

I'm requesting a hearing. Are any of these offenses major violations (would go on record and raise my insurance)?

I saw him stopping 2 other people right after me. I guess he needed to fill his quota for the night. Passing on the right and for going 2 miles over the speed limit. WTF
Old 06-08-2014, 01:44 AM   #2
M325er22

My Ride: 2001 325i
The speeding would raise your insurance, if you lost your case. Just take a picture of the sign and the are you got pulled over and fight it. You should win though. The passing on the right seems like bullshit though.

Sorry I can't read the top line. It's not even sloppy, just a lack of letters.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-08-2014, 01:45 AM   #3
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I'm not sure,

But how can you have a speeding assessment that was "clocked" and "estimated"? Does that mean he estimated it, then clocked you?

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:51 AM   #4
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
It clearly says "mashed lane 1" ..... duh.... you floored it in lane 1 ...... and then passed on the right.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:55 AM   #5
CJin2552

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325Ci
It looks like Mashed Lanes, which makes no sense. Mashed Brakes would make more sense, but it doesn't look like that's what it says.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:08 AM   #6
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
40 mph speed limit? what the heck? no where within a 100 miles radius have i seen a 40 mph speed limit sign. i can't remember ever seeing one.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:15 AM   #7
CJin2552

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
40 mph speed limit? what the heck? no where within a 100 miles radius have i seen a 40 mph speed limit sign. i can't remember ever seeing one.
There's a couple where I live, they're not very common, but they do exist.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:17 AM   #8
Cowspoo

My Ride: 328Ci
Chicago suburbs are made up of 25,35,40,45

Old 06-08-2014, 02:19 AM   #9
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
Pic of the speed limit sign with a cross section street name in the same pic, if possible. Pic of where he pulled u over with a street sign included, if possible. Google map print out with both spots marked. Show that to the prosecutor and u'll most likely get everything thrown out.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:19 AM   #10
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Looks like he was on Soilder Field Road .... quick google search....max speed limits on this road

Soldiers Field Road Boston
Western Ave. Bridge 40
W. of Eliot Bridge 35
EB E. of Beacon Street 30
WB E. of Beacon Street 35

I have too much time on my hands and need to go to bed lol
Old 06-08-2014, 02:56 AM   #11
MorganFreeman

My Ride: bacon
Got three offenses in one ticket, officer was mad

Marked lane violation.

Edit: basically you were weaving through either the double white or yellow line.

Last edited by MorganFreeman; 06-08-2014 at 03:02 AM.
MorganFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:09 AM   #12
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganFreeman View Post
Marked lane violation.

Edit: basically you were weaving through either the double white or yellow line.
mashed lane sounds better......
Old 06-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #13
CRZY BMW

My Ride: has wings & a prop
Good, I can't stand people who don't use their indicators.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309167&stc=1&d=1238667257

CRZY BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:48 AM   #14
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZY BMW View Post
I can't stand people who don't use their indicators.

+1

Or forget that it's on.

MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:05 AM   #15
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
I thought 'marked lane' makes more sense too...as in, maybe the line was solid and you crossed, or you left a lane without signalling first.

I follow the rules, as in signaling a few secs. before actually shifting lanes.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #16
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
I didn't even realize passing on the right was an offense...sometimes you have to necessarily do it.

Illegal tint: did he guess, or use a tint meter? And also is it actually illegal? If not, use a tint meter, show that it isn't illegal.

Last edited by Zell; 06-08-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #17
BoogetyBoogety

My Ride: 2010 SL550
In Texas, we can drive a bit over the speed limit and usually get away with it. My attorney buddies have mentioned this before, and have used it to get clients off of BS tickets. Here's why (From Fight Your Speeding Ticket):

The 50 states basically use three types of speed limits. We call these “absolute,” “presumed” (or “prima facie” in legalese), and “basic” speed limits. Because each type of speed-limit violation often requires a unique defense, it is key to understand which you are charged with violating.
Absolute. Most states have an “absolute” speed law. There is no trick to how this works: If the sign says 40 mph and you drive 41 mph or more, you have violated the law.
Presumed. “Presumed” speed-limit violations are a little more complicated but give you far more flexibility in building your defense. In states that use this system for all or some of their roads—California and Texas, for example—it’s legal to drive over the posted limit as long as you are driving safely. For example, if you are driving 50 mph in a 40-mph zone, you are “presumed” to be speeding. But if it is 6 a.m. on a clear, dry morning with no other cars on a wide, straight road, and you can convince the judge that you were driving safely given those conditions, you should be acquitted. That’s because you present facts that “rebut the presumption” that by going over the limit you were driving at an unsafe speed. (We’ll give you more information about this below.)
Basic. The concept of the basic speed law is even trickier. It works like this: In all states you can be charged with speeding by violating the “basic” speed law, even if you were driving below the posted speed limit. The ticketing officer must simply decide that you were going faster than you should have been, taking into account the driving conditions at the time. Or put another way, if you are driving 40 mph in a 45-mph zone on an icy road in heavy fog, a cop could sensibly conclude that by driving too fast for road conditions you are in violation of the “basic” speed law. This type of ticket is mostly handed out after an accident.

Show up in court with an attorney, and you should be able to walk away from this... hopefully... Then drive [more] carefully going forth... Good luck...
BoogetyBoogety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #18
MrWesson

My Ride: 01 330CI/09 328i
I got a ticket thrown out for passing on the right because in florida its not illegal to do so.

Check the statutes on passing for Massachusetts.
MrWesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:59 AM   #19
z00

You got it right, see in bold exactly where I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
Looks like he was on Soilder Field Road .... quick google search....max speed limits on this road

Soldiers Field Road Boston
Western Ave. Bridge 40
W. of Eliot Bridge 35
EB E. of Beacon Street 30
WB E. of Beacon Street 35

I have too much time on my hands and need to go to bed lol
Old 06-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #20
z00

For MA it's legal. The highway I was on is divided:

Passing on right, unless vehicle being passed is (A) making a left turn, (B) on one way street (C) on a divided highway M.G.L. c. 89, § 2

http://www.pdonovanlaw.com/Massachus...hargeable.aspx

So this means 2 offenses are wrong, now the first one I have no idea what it's or what to do with it? The passing line was dotted (not solid) and people pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWesson View Post
I got a ticket thrown out for passing on the right because in florida its not illegal to do so.

Check the statutes on passing for Massachusetts.