E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #61
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46 S54B32 View Post
Sorry for lack of updates, car was at the shop about a week insurance declares the car a total loss and offered $4,900 which I rejected and told them they'd be hearing from my lawyer soon, how much you think the cars worth? 1 owner mint condition all options premium and sport package with a good amount of money in modifications only hard hot is that it has 190,000 miles I'm going to miss her :'(
You're going to have to make a case that you cannot possibly get a comparable car for $4,900. I'm no lawyer, but it would seem reasonable to get at least $6K for the car. If you totalled it yourself then I think you would be stuck with what the insurance company offered you, but this is not your insurance, it is the other persons. They need to pay you enough to get a comparable car. If they don't that lady just made $3000 of yours disappear. If my car gest totalled I'm probably going to shoot the other person.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #62
sea6speed

My Ride: 2011 135i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeOhFive View Post
$4,900 with 190k... that wasn't too far off the mark, especially for a 323. Create a lot of hassle for her insurance company and they may offer more to settle quickly, but chances are you will lose some on this car.
Don't forget "the mods" - that will take off another $1000 easily. Nobody in their right mind would buy a 13 year old modded car with 190K.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #63
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
If my car gest totalled I'm probably going to shoot the other person.
What if it was a relative?
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #64
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
What if it was a relative?
Shot twice.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #65
sammk

My Ride: Bone-stock E92
Another member (Avincent) had luck using comparables his benefit. If you find high prices on like models in and around your area, you could make the case that your true market value is higher than $4900, but with those miles, idk..

E92 convert. BMW Fanatic.
sammk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #66
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Sounds like a reasonable price for a 200k mile 323i
Those mods aren't worth squat, no matter how much you put into it.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Bimmer App

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #67
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Shot twice.
Good Work!---------Good Going!
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #68
E46 S54B32

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHPinthe103 View Post
i love these threads
And why is that?

-oem m3 front -oem m3 hood -oem m3 sideskirts-conforti intake -h&r race springs -TR Motorsport C2's -smoked corners/sidemarkers -smoked LED tails-CF CSL trunk-Black roof vinyl
E46 S54B32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #69
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46 S54B32 View Post
This is how she looked brfore this all happened
if this is how it looked before, why does your signature say it has an oem M3 front bumper, M3 hood, vinyl roof, etc...

Anyhow, OP i would hold out for more. if it wasn't your fault then their insurance should cover the hassle you have to replace and now being without a car.
190K on a 323Ci is a lot. and if you got $5K you should consider yourself lucky if you were selling it. sorry but that 323Ci has seen much better days.

the 323Ci has front, side and HPS (Head Protection System) aka 'brain bag"
Old 12-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #70
maurer

My Ride: 04 Coupe
I had the same amount of damage to my 04 325ci $6k worth and they fixed it, but in your case thats not going to be the option. It will deff be totaled
maurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #71
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
My sister got $10.6k for her totaled 2001 325ci with 160k last year.

It was in great shape but I haven't the slightest idea how they arrived at the conclusion that it was worth that much.

Last edited by Grande D; 12-06-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #72
E46 S54B32

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
if this is how it looked before, why does your signature say it has an oem M3 front bumper, M3 hood, vinyl roof, etc...

Anyhow, OP i would hold out for more. if it wasn't your fault then their insurance should cover the hassle you have to replace and now being without a car.
190K on a 323Ci is a lot. and if you got $5K you should consider yourself lucky if you were selling it. sorry but that 323Ci has seen much better days.

the 323Ci has front, side and HPS (Head Protection System) aka 'brain bag"
Yea I really haven't updated my sig. Those the mods the car used to have sold the parts and went for a different look lol

-oem m3 front -oem m3 hood -oem m3 sideskirts-conforti intake -h&r race springs -TR Motorsport C2's -smoked corners/sidemarkers -smoked LED tails-CF CSL trunk-Black roof vinyl
E46 S54B32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #73
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci
I don't think anything short of the car being ripped in half or flattened like a pancake or burnt to a crisp would qualify it being totalled. Its greedy, yet understandable and logical decision made by the insurance company. If your damages outweigh the worth of your car, its totalled. I can only imagine if say for example, your rims cost more than your car. You have insurance on them. Somehow, you screw up all 4 rims, which would cost more, a lot more than your car is even worth. Would insurance company cover that or would they..... total your car? lol
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #74
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumbaOneNewb View Post
I don't think anything short of the car being ripped in half or flattened like a pancake or burnt to a crisp would qualify it being totalled. Its greedy, yet understandable and logical decision made by the insurance company. If your damages outweigh the worth of your car, its totalled. I can only imagine if say for example, your rims cost more than your car. You have insurance on them. Somehow, you screw up all 4 rims, which would cost more, a lot more than your car is even worth. Would insurance company cover that or would they..... total your car? lol
it depends, do you have an extra endorsement on your policy for your expensive wheels? Does your state allow endorsements for aftermarket modifications that exceed the value of the car?

And OP, you kind of shot yourself in the foot by saying "you'll hear from my lawyer" right out of the gate. It doesn't scare anybody, and all you're really doing is cutting into your settlement total and making money for someone else, while slowing down the settlement process.

Good luck, though. Hope your lawyer works out for you.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 AM   #75
Lusticles

My Ride: 325Ci
Definitely totaled. Was t-boned in my previous vehicle. Sorry man.