E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #21
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeR View Post
Must have wings...
Just twin turbos
Old 11-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #22
JakeR

My Ride: 2006 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
I did a 5.12 in my M3, but this was an all out drag car with an auto. That just goes to show how fast Jake's M3 really is. Here's my graph with an auto..

Awesome Chris!! Not that I'm competitive or anything, but its interesting comparing the 2 graphs. Looks like I match your 60-90 at 1.8 sec, and just off the pace of your 100-130 of 2.5 vs 2.6 seconds. If you remove the shift
and recoup (~.2), to my eye, its looks very close. You agree?
JakeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #23
JakeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Just twin turbos
And that little NOS thing!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #24
JakeR

So Chris, I need another 6766 and NOS kit, when should I send her back to you?:
Old 11-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #25
str8dum1

My Ride: VQ38DETT
since you have better tires, time to really up the boost?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #26
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Jakes is the fastest in ny book. Mert is a liar of everything.

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
Old 11-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #27
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 View Post

I agree Mert is a schmuck but Neel of Apex has personally been to Turkey and witnessed Mert's cart put down what he claims. Mert is a raving lunatic, yes.. and every film he makes looks like h recorded it via a potato.. but I'm inclined to believe he may be telling the truth about the 4.x 60-130. I don't want to .. trust me.. but if you've seen his car (massive tires, carbon fiber doors, gutted, etc..) it would be possible, especially with the like 1200rwhp he's making.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 11-19-2012 at 03:18 PM.
MarcusLSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #28
Providence

My Ride: HPF Stage 3 m3
Send a message via MSN to Providence
mert s numbers r correct guys u can be sure about that
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #29
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
I agree Mert is a schmuck but Neel of Apex has personally been to Turkey and witnessed Mert's cart put down what he claims. Mert is a raving lunatic, yes.. and every film he makes looks like h recorded it via a potato.. but I'm inclined to believe he may be telling the truth about the 4.x 60-130. I don't want to .. trust me.. but if you've seen his car (massive tires, carbon fiber doors, gutted, etc..) it would be possible, especially with the like 1200rwhp he's making.
A potato hahahaha, well he seems to figured out the bottleneck? Or just tons more boost from two big turbos...?

Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #30
SexiPYm3

My Ride: 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
With whatever knowledge or technology he has that has allowed him to put down a record over a year ago, that hasn't even been approached by others... I'd imagine he'd be able to do the same at the 1/4 mile. If only someone from the States could get him to share his wealth and take these cars to bigger heights. There are a lot of very very fast cars in the States, but I always wonder, what is it that he posses that we don't.

Last edited by SexiPYm3; 11-20-2012 at 09:29 AM.
SexiPYm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #31
JakeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 View Post
With whatever knowledge or technology he has that has allowed him to put down a record over a year ago, that hasn't even been approached by others... I'd imagine he'd be able to do the same at the 1/4 mile. If only someone from the States could get him to share his wealth and take these cars to bigger heights. There are a lot of very very fast cars in the States, but I always wonder, what is it that he posses that we don't.
I don't know the answer, but he is one of only 3 cars on entire list that say they are using NOS. There is no 1/4 mile run listed for his car. I don't do many 1/4 mile attempts, dont want to tear up my car. The best I've done (vbox) was 11.4 at 136, and my 60ft was poor, b/c I refuse to do the type of launch that it would take to get out the hole quicker. In the 11.4 run my 60-130 was close to my 5.4 second posting. So, since he's pulling 60-130 more than a second faster 4.23, then his 1/4 mile should be low 10's or perhaps even high 9's. I would love to see that run, must be a beautiful thing.

Chris what's the best # the drag car made in 1/4?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #32
SexiPYm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeR View Post
I don't know the answer, but he is one of only 3 cars on entire list that say they are using NOS. There is no 1/4 mile run listed for his car. I don't do many 1/4 mile attempts, dont want to tear up my car. The best I've done (vbox) was 11.4 at 136, and my 60ft was poor, b/c I refuse to do the type of launch that it would take to get out the hole quicker. In the 11.4 run my 60-130 was close to my 5.4 second posting. So, since he's pulling 60-130 more than a second faster 4.23, then his 1/4 mile should be low 10's or perhaps even high 9's. I would love to see that run, must be a beautiful thing.

Chris what's the best # the drag car made in 1/4?
Makes me wonder how many others use NOS and don't mention it! Would using NOS on your car help to shave an additional second off on your 60-130 time?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #33
JakeR

Quote:
Makes me wonder how many others use NOS and don't mention it! Would using NOS on your car help to shave an additional second off on your 60-130 time?
With my setup, I doubt it. I'm running 18x11 rears with Nitto 305 DRs. Have also run with MT's. While I am able to pretty much flat foot it all the way through my 60-130, I am definitely on the very edge of traction, particlarly at the end of
3rd. I would assume NOS would create big traction issues in 3rd, and probably in 4th.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #34
Twin_Turbo_S54

My Ride: M3
Quote:

I ll be banned as soon as I type here. Its HPF's home town.

This is Twin_Turbo_S54, AKA Mert.

I ve been working on S54 and made 4,23 s 14 months ago. Had a newborn at that time, S54 progress slowed down for one year. I stopped working on S54 for almost 1 year.

Now I started spending more time on S54 and I will go sub 4. second 60-130 very soon.

Initial tests give big hope.

Traction improved a lot. Traction, the key to go sub 4.seconds.

Without nitrous my new 60-130 times will be below 4.seconds.

With all the new changes sub 4 seconds will be easy to get. Heat the tires and make sub 4.s all day long.

The challenge for me is to go below 3.5 seconds. Goal is to go sub 3.5 seconds. This is where an M3 will shine and be a special M3.

It is very challenging to go lower than 3,5 s 60-130 mph.

Whether you like me or hate me, my 60-130 times of E46 M3 are in the top 15 list. I am trying to make it even faster, and I am sure it will be 3.xx seconds very soon.

I own a 997 TT, there is a local P car tuner here which makes 3,5 seconds 60-130 porsches. I can bring my car to him and tell him to give it back as a 3,5 s 60-130 p car. I did not and wont. I dont pay and get a fast car. I love to build my own car.

I am in love with E46 M3 and will try to push harder.

My goal is to make the E46 M3 as fast as possible without nitrous, goal is to dive under 3,5 seconds. This will put E46 M3 on the top 60-130 times.

You all should be proud of me for the effort, at the end of the day "the E46 M3" will be on the top of the 60-130 list.

It will show that a tiny 3,2L (3,5L) inline six, RWD only can keep up against the big boys.

BTW, big thanks to Providence for lending me his pbox, as mine are sent for repair. Thank you Baris

Mert
Twin_Turbo_S54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #35
HPF Kirk
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo_S54 View Post
I ll be banned as soon as I type here. Its HPF's home town.

This is Twin_Turbo_S54, AKA Mert.

I ve been working on S54 and made 4,23 s 14 months ago. Had a newborn at that time, S54 progress slowed down for one year. I stopped working on S54 for almost 1 year.

Now I started spending more time on S54 and I will go sub 4. second 60-130 very soon.

Initial tests give big hope.

Traction improved a lot. Traction, the key to go sub 4.seconds.

Without nitrous my new 60-130 times will be below 4.seconds.

With all the new changes sub 4 seconds will be easy to get. Heat the tires and make sub 4.s all day long.

The challenge for me is to go below 3.5 seconds. Goal is to go sub 3.5 seconds. This is where an M3 will shine and be a special M3.

It is very challenging to go lower than 3,5 s 60-130 mph.

Whether you like me or hate me, my 60-130 times of E46 M3 are in the top 15 list. I am trying to make it even faster, and I am sure it will be 3.xx seconds very soon.

I own a 997 TT, there is a local P car tuner here which makes 3,5 seconds 60-130 porsches. I can bring my car to him and tell him to give it back as a 3,5 s 60-130 p car. I did not and wont. I dont pay and get a fast car. I love to build my own car.

I am in love with E46 M3 and will try to push harder.

My goal is to make the E46 M3 as fast as possible without nitrous, goal is to dive under 3,5 seconds. This will put E46 M3 on the top 60-130 times.

You all should be proud of me for the effort, at the end of the day "the E46 M3" will be on the top of the 60-130 list.

It will show that a tiny 3,2L (3,5L) inline six, RWD only can keep up against the big boys.

BTW, big thanks to Providence for lending me his pbox, as mine are sent for repair. Thank you Baris

Mert
I would love to see pictures of the setup!!! Sounds like a beast...
HPF Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #36
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 View Post

Let me say this... There's a world of difference between my 5.12 and Mert's 4.23. Since I knew I would be setting records, I made sure I documented everything, from video footage to VBox logs, to video of the VBox, to drag strip slips with the number on the slip matching the number on the windshield, to dyno graphs to videos of the dyno pulls, etc. When you can afford to build a beast that can run these times you can afford a GoPro to document everything. I'll admit, we only had one real time at the track and next season we will have the time to dial her in.

Jake's time is truly remarkable for simply running our stage 2.5 kit. It just goes to show how fast all of our cars really are. Anyway... I don't doubt that Mert ran the time he says, and if the video footage was published I would love to be pointed to it, but for someone to be top dog like that with a 4.23, I'd like to see some video footage. Show me footage of this VBox pass Mert. Whether it's yours or not, that time will go down this year.

Chris.

Last edited by HPF Chris; 11-20-2012 at 11:45 AM.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #37
valsbm3

My Ride: E46 M3
Nice.
valsbm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #38
SexiPYm3

Quote:
Let me say this... There's a world of difference between my 5.12 and Mert's 4.23. Since I knew I would be setting records, I made sure I documented everything, from video footage to VBox logs, to video of the VBox, to drag strip slips with the number on the slip matching the number on the windshield, to dyno graphs to videos of the dyno pulls, etc. When you can afford to build a beast that can run these times you can afford a GoPro to document everything. I'll admit, we only had one real time at the track and next season we will have the time to dial her in.

Jake's time is truly remarkable for simply running our stage 2.5 kit. It just goes to show how fast all of our cars really are. Anyway... I don't doubt that Mert ran the time he says, and if the video footage was published I would love to be pointed to it, but for someone to be top dog like that with a 4.23, I'd like to see some video footage. Show me footage of this VBox pass Mert. Whether it's yours or not, that time will go down this year.

Chris.

I'm sure 6speedonline wouldn't publish his times without proof.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #39
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
I'm sure 6speedonline wouldn't publish his times without proof.
All you need to do is email a DBN file. There's nothing that attaches that to a car. We put our VBox's in other cars at the drag strip and bikes and we have lots of DBN files for the various beasts out there. To run a 4.23 and do it in 4th gear without a shift with huge turbos and lots of lag seems very odd to me. The dyno graphs I saw had power coming on very late and it's very very difficult to get a car into boost in 4th gear with so much lag even with spray. Then traction issues with power coming on so hard would be almost insurmountable and I'd really like to see the tire setup. We are making changes to our drag car and have to widen the rear fenders to fit the massive meats we will be running next season. I'm not saying it can't be done though. I'm just asking for more information.

Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #40
SexiPYm3

Quote:
All you need to do is email a DBN file. There's nothing that attaches that to a car. We put our VBox's in other cars at the drag strip and bikes and we have lots of DBN files for the various beasts out there. To run a 4.23 and do it in 4th gear without a shift with huge turbos and lots of lag seems very odd to me. The dyno graphs I saw had power coming on very late and it's very very difficult to get a car into boost in 4th gear with so much lag even with spray. Then traction issues with power coming on so hard would be almost insurmountable and I'd really like to see the tire setup. We are making changes to our drag car and have to widen the rear fenders to fit the massive meats we will be running next season. I'm not saying it can't be done though. I'm just asking for more information.

Chris.
Understood. Thanks for breaking it down.