E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
MojoJoe

My Ride: leaks fluids
X46 comfort feature modules anyone?

I stumbled on this website when researching some coding options. They are selling modules that add some comfort features to our aging steeds. Some of the features seem nice, particularly the coming/leaving lights and auto windows up/down without holding the remote button.
Has anyone had any experience with them?
MojoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
most if not all of those options can be enabled with ncs, pa soft...

Also can code your car
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
MojoJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by haurelio View Post
Well if you could share the parameters for any of those remote options there are a lot of people who would be grateful I am sure.

Edit: OK so HEIMLEUCHTEN_FUNKSCHL seems to be for home light on remote lock, but I can't find out anything on the others.

Double edit: I am wondering if this is just someone profiteering off the back of the car cracker open source i-bus module? Unless that guy has started selling them like this?

Last edited by MojoJoe; 11-17-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
jgold47

My Ride: 2004 X5 3.0
Don't be that guy. Search. This has been covered to death and then some.

my about me link
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=791566

jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Yeah...I don't understand the point of that product. Everything in that module is available on the 3-series, you just need to activate it.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
MojoJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgold47 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Yeah...I don't understand the point of that product. Everything in that module is available on the 3-series, you just need to activate it.
Well would any of you be prepared to share this information, because as far as I can see, this can not be reproduced with coding options.
From my research I can see there are 3 options for window comfort opening closing:
1) Disabled
2) Push and hold to open close
3) Automatically close on lock
I have not come across a way to get the windows to close on double tap of the lock or other any other way without holding (and I wouldn't want them to automatically close every time).

Also the lights on remote unlock seems to be eluding me so please, rather than telling me to search when I have already said that I haven't been able to any information to these ends, could you give me a little help?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
haurelio

you should look into NCS and NCS dummy for translations. some of the coding options are not in every module, only because they are based on firmware and hardware of each module. for example: My LCM module can not be coded to have my fog lights and Hight beam at the same time because i have an older LCM..That being said, many options can be easily coded only if you modules allows it....

If you wish to pay for those aftermarket modules, go right ahead and post with your results..

Also can code your car
Old 11-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
MojoJoe

Ok so further research leads me to believe that HEIMLEUCHTEN_FUNKSCHL is not available for e46. So that means that not all, not most, not even some, but NONE of these features I mentioned can be coded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haurelio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
So I don't understand what you guys are thinking of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgold47 View Post
Would have saved time for both of us if you had just shared your knowledge and simply typed "No they can't be coded" rather than being so vague?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
haurelio

Quote:
Ok so further research leads me to believe that HEIMLEUCHTEN_FUNKSCHL is not available for e46. So that means that not all, not most, not even some, but NONE of these features I mentioned can be coded.
Quote:
Would have saved time for both of us if you had just shared your knowledge and simply typed "No they can't be coded" rather than being so vague?
You do realize that you just answer your questions by just searching as other post suggested..

Also can code your car