E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
KnightD

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
Question Audiovox Mediabridge 1500 - Peculiar Issue

Hello all - I just recently purchased a 2000 323i sedan without a navigation system and without the Harmon Kardon system and subsequently purchased the MediaBridge for it to play music off my 4s.

The installation went off without a hitch after watching the BSW YouTube videos, however there is one issue that I cannot seem to work out. The music plays just fine with decent sound quality while in USB or Bluetooth mode, but the audio always seems to cut out after about 5-15 minutes after playing a brief tone.

I am not sure if this is the factory stereo making this tone or the mediabridge, but it is pretty annoying. If I press the CD button to switch to a CD and then again to switch back to the MediaBridge, it starts working again no problem. This tone also periodically goes off while listening to a CD, but does not make the same interruption.

As this is my first BMW and its sound system, as well as with a DICE/Audiovox product, I was hoping that someone might be able to offer me some suggestions. I have tried disconnecting the MediaBridge to reset it and I have made sure the firmware is up to date.

Any advice is welcome, thanks.
KnightD is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
alirz

My Ride: E46 M3 Coupe.2003
Audiovox media bridge AKA dice mediabridge. These are horrible devices.
I've bought from DICE twice (a dice silver line back in 2008,wasn't good. Then I was stupid and made a mistake of buying a mb1500 for my m3 in 2009).
Both had similar issues. Sound quality has serious issues with clicking popping, slow interface, freezing, etc...
on top of that DICE's support is a big fat ZERO.
They never respond to their support tickets...will never purchase anything from them again...
alirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
jgold47

My Ride: 2004 X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alirz View Post
Audiovox media bridge AKA dice mediabridge. These are horrible devices.
I've bought from DICE twice (a dice silver line back in 2008,wasn't good. Then I was stupid and made a mistake of buying a mb1500 for my m3 in 2009).
Both had similar issues. Sound quality has serious issues with clicking popping, slow interface, freezing, etc...
on top of that DICE's support is a big fat ZERO.
They never respond to their support tickets...will never purchase anything from them again...
I too have a healthy dislike of DICE, BUT! they have made huge strides since I installed mine in 2010 and i havent had any issues with mine in about 6 months. As to their support tickets, I have had hit and miss with them. Sometimes they respond, othertimes I have to call them directly.

OP - make sure you updated to the most recent firmware. if still doing that, I would call dice or return the product. That particular issue is a new one, and I promise I have had all of the issues!

my about me link
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=791566

jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
KnightD

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
Alright, I just installed my replacement unit and it is having the same issue. The DIP switches are both off, which is the correct setting for my vehicle. I did not swap out any of the cables, but the Audiovox rep I just spoke to insists that it must be one of the cables.

What I have discovered is that the music doesn't actually cut out, it just becomes nearly inaudible. If I turn my volume up all the way I can just barely hear it, although the audio quality has dropped significantly.

What is also an issue is that this tone that plays when the audio stops, or quiets down, plays while I am listening to my normal CD player periodically.

I cannot tell if this tone is coming from the MediaBridge or my Business CD unit, but I have not heard this tone before installing the mediabridge. The Audivox rep said he has no idea what it could be other than the cables, and if I want I can call back next week and speak to "the engineer".

Anyone heard any kind of random tone before and been able to isolate it?
KnightD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
vinay.pillai

My Ride: 323i
@KnightD: were you able to identify or solve the issue.
vinay.pillai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
323i 2000, bsw, dice, ipod, mediabridge