E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #1
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
New Navall 3 E46 Android double din

Hey guys, I just ordered a new Android double din for my Rover 75 (same unit fits the E46).

My current unit is a Navall 2 and the new one is the updated Navall 3. Some of the improved specs are A9 Quad Core, 1.8Ghz processor, Android 4.4.4, 2GB ram and 16GB built in memory and resolution 1024 x 600.

Full details for the E46 unit are here: http://www.bmwradios.com/

I got mine on a trade-up deal for about £210. I dunno about E46 trade-ups but its probably the same.

There was an introductory offer for those Rover owners without a trade in - looks like there is one for E46 owners also.

Same supplier as before (i.e. radioguy) so expect the same high levels of customer service.

I should have mine in about 3 weeks and will post a review once its fitted!
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #2
markusmarkus

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Subscribed.
markusmarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:46 AM   #3
Walter_

My Ride: 2004 325 SMG coupé
I al ready have a Navall 3 from radioguy, next tuesday it will be installed in my E46.
Walter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:42 AM   #4
podge3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_ View Post
I al ready have a Navall 3 from radioguy, next tuesday it will be installed in my E46.
Have you fitted it yet? Any pics etc?
Old 03-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #5
Walter_

yep... this are pictures in a Rover from radioguy

mine was installed by a car audio dealer, who managed to break down my gps connector, i repared the connector and it works very well

I will take some pics this week from my BMW E46!

Last edited by Walter_; 03-11-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:26 AM   #6
Dannyherm

My Ride: 2004 325i
I recently installed the Navall 3 and I love it. But I'm looking for a voice activated control for making calls and texts. Any suggestions of what will work with this head unit? Can it run Android Auto or does that need to be installed by a manufacturer?
Dannyherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #7
podge3

Sorry for the delay in posting an update.

I have had the unit fitted for a few weeks now and my initial impressions of the unit are very good. It funny, really, but I was quite happy with the original Navall 1. I didn't really see how it could be improved. Then the Navall 2 came along and it was a big improvement on the Nav 1 with screen, specs etc. Again, I really didn't see how it needed to be improved and the Navall 3 came along. And guess what, it really is MUCH better than the Nav 2. Screen resolution and clarity is much improved. It also feels snappier when using it as it uses a faster processor and has more RAM.

I suppose the biggest advance is the addition of DAB. Full touchscreen control and DAB audio clarity, on screen data etc etc. Its amazing how far these double dins have come in only a few years. here is a DAB vid:

Old 06-24-2015, 06:20 PM   #8
Sam325

My Ride: 325ci msport
Deleted

Last edited by Sam325; 09-29-2015 at 04:13 AM.
Sam325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #9
Walter_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam325 View Post
Good in the MG Rovers perhaps.... I had one in my e46 (navall 3) and it was a total disaster. Service was nowhere and in the end I sent it back as I was told I'd be refunded due to all the problems and am struggling to get a refund. Steer well clear
What do you mean total disaster? what went wrong? I get some good service by Navall
Old 06-24-2015, 11:14 PM   #10
Sam325

I was refunded by Navall in the end. My post was a bit prematture. Sean is trust worthy for sure.

Last edited by Sam325; 09-29-2015 at 04:15 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:26 PM   #11
Walter_

Wel Sam325, my first Navall 3 radio was a pre production model, it has some minor flaws and did some tests with installing DAB, torque, gps and it works very wel, when the screen breakdown i did contact Sean and send my unit to Jef in the UK, i get a brand new unit so, in my view is that a very good service. There is one important thing that people forget... Its a pc, if you wont no fuzz, you have to install a regular car radio with a screen that comes out. My previous car radio has a expensive Alpine, the first 5 months i have some problems with the screen that freezes when gps was activated, they put a new screen in it, didn't work until i discovered that an simple wire causes the freezing of the system. Main point... Every brand has flaws to complain about. Again, i am a satisfied customer.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #12
Sam325

Deleted

Last edited by Sam325; 09-29-2015 at 04:15 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:38 AM   #13
Rexii

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330ci E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam325 View Post
I am glad you are happy with your purchase. I agree that most people are satisfied customers, but so are people who buy from Eonon etc

you have had a good experience, but that doesn't really mean any of my above points are less valid, especially the last one about how I have no unit and no refund. Nothing can justify that.

If the units need work and attention and are not plug and play like I was lead to believe, then it would have been a good idea for Navall to point that out to me before they sent a unit all the way to Australia because lets face it, its a long way to be posting a big unit back and forth from.

How would you feel if you got unit like mine and were in a situation like me??? be honest.
I'd feel like crap to be honest. I just received my head unit today. I'm the kind of person who wants to pay good money for a product that will offer longevity. I didn't realize that the item shipped from China, but accepted this anyway.

I can't say much at this stage. I can only wait for it to be installed. The install process is going to cost me a few $$$. If it turns out that the unit is crap and it needs to be returned, it is going to hurt. I should have thought of this prior to purchase.

worse comes to worse, I'll just get a refund and send the unit back.

I want a unit that is going to work with no fuss. The current head unit I have for my 330ci is the factory standard one. It needs to be stable or it needs to be sent back. End of story.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #14
Walter_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexii View Post
I'd feel like crap to be honest. I just received my head unit today. I'm the kind of person who wants to pay good money for a product that will offer longevity. I didn't realize that the item shipped from China, but accepted this anyway.

I can't say much at this stage. I can only wait for it to be installed. The install process is going to cost me a few $$$. If it turns out that the unit is crap and it needs to be returned, it is going to hurt. I should have thought of this prior to purchase.

worse comes to worse, I'll just get a refund and send the unit back.

I want a unit that is going to work with no fuss. The current head unit I have for my 330ci is the factory standard one. It needs to be stable or it needs to be sent back. End of story.

What brand of android radio do you have?
Old 09-29-2015, 04:19 AM   #15
Sam325

I would just like to add that I am satisfied with the outcome of my dealings with Navall.

Sean is a top bloke..