E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
New toy - AK-47

Got my new toy today, century arms Yugoslavian AK-47 with under fold stock. Im really happy with this purchase and the grenade sites are just over the top.

I cant wait to fire some rounds with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1353382021.289732.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	478766  
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
The last emperor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 182
My Ride: 03 BMW e46
Are you trying to be the new joker? Haha
__________________
Respect all, Fear none
The last emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 606
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Good choice. Time to get your Afghan on... ditch the plastic furniture and put some wood on there.
GasKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Good choice. Time to get your Afghan on... ditch the plastic furniture and put some wood on there.
LOL im actually looking for one with wood, I like the look of both and could not decide on which one to get. I decided to buy 1 of each If you know where I can find one in wood let me know, well one for a decent price around 600.00 would be great!

Last edited by Nt_loader; 11-19-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 606
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
LOL im actually looking for one with wood, I like the look of both and could not decide on which one to get. I decided to buy 1 of each
Both folders? If I was going to buy another one Id get a fixed stock one as well, much better to shoot. Though I am in love with my polytech folder. AK's can be addictions a lot more so then with ar's.
GasKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 606
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Your in a free state, you have so many options. If your a little handy I would suggest doing a saiga conversion. Not that hard, and its the closest to a Russian AK you will get. Straight from the Izhmash factory.


edit: that colt is dope

Last edited by GasKing; 11-19-2012 at 11:34 PM.
GasKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Your in a free state, you have so many options. If your a little handy I would suggest doing a saiga conversion. Not that hard, and its the closest to a Russian AK you will get. Straight from the Izhmash factory.


edit: that colt is dope
Thanks for the tip and yes, its nice to live in a state with no restrictions!
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,759
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
He's another century in wood fixed stock... $480
http://grabagun.com/century-arms-gp-...39-hi-cap.html

I'm going to buy an ak one of these days
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #9
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
He's another century in wood fixed stock... $480
http://grabagun.com/century-arms-gp-...39-hi-cap.html

I'm going to buy an ak one of these days
Oh man, thats exactly what I was looking for. Are these guys legit? I may purchase this right now! I noticed it doesnt have a compensator, hum ....

I also found this one which has a few accessories:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...=317788075#PIC

Last edited by Nt_loader; 11-19-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #10
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 606
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
Oh man, thats exactly what I was looking for. Are these guys legit? I may purchase this right now!

I also found this one which has a few accessories:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...=317788075#PIC
They are straight, dont worry.

Ok before people put the WASR on blast. The current WASR 10/63 can be a GREAT ak. It has a bad rep from CAI past versions, that had shit fit and finish, canted sights, bad wood, trigger slap. CAI fixed most of the problems in recent times, they even put a tapco G2 trigger into it to get rid of the trigger slap. I have a newer wars 10/63 and its a GEM, just make sure to buy it locally so you can hand inspect it to make sure front sights arent canted and the fit and finish is decent.
GasKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #11
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Urgh its out of stock anyway. I guess im going to buy this one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...=317788075#PIC
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #12
tailo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,291
My Ride: 02 330I
Why not find a SAR1, way better of a rifle.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #13
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
The one I just got is a Yugoslavian AK-47 Rifle, M70AB2 with underfolder stock, 7.62x39
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #14
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
Why not find a SAR1, way better of a rifle.
I only want to spend 600 or so
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #15
tailo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,291
My Ride: 02 330I
I'd still pony up. You almost have enough and they are way way higher quality. The wasr is known for canted parts, smaller diameter barrels, and subpar build quality.

Better yet there are some bulgarians in the 750 range that are hands over heals better than any of the romys.

Another option would be a romy g if you really want to cheap out. Occasionally people build them and you can find them for cheap. I built one last year from scrap parts that some kid botched all to heck. kept it hanging in my shower for a while. Beat the dog shit out of it on the weekends. It's been tossed off buildings, never cleaned, constant moisture.... It'll probably become a lamp some day once its rusted solid. Either that or I'll hang it up at the range and chew it up with a fifty to watch people cry


tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #16
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
I dont know, 600ish is my max as I just purchased a Yugo M70AB2 in the first post. Should I ask what your thoughts are on the one I purchase?



Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
I'd still pony up. You almost have enough and they are way way higher quality. The wasr is known for canted parts, smaller diameter barrels, and subpar build quality.

Better yet there are some bulgarians in the 750 range that are hands over heals better than any of the romys.

Another option would be a romy g if you really want to cheap out. Occasionally people build them and you can find them for cheap. I built one last year from scrap parts that some kid botched all to heck. kept it hanging in my shower for a while. Beat the dog shit out of it on the weekends. It's been tossed off buildings, never cleaned, constant moisture.... It'll probably become a lamp some day once its rusted solid. Either that or I'll hang it up at the range and chew it up with a fifty to watch people cry


Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:40 AM   #17
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 606
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
its an ak man, it will shoot no matter what you do to it.
GasKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #18
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
its an ak man, it will shoot no matter what you do to it.
How about shooting crap ammo? I use FMJ for my AR but I'm thinking of shooting the cheapest stuff I can find for the AK. Well the only thing ill stay away from is reloads.

Thoughts?
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #19
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,870
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Don't use anything corrosive...other than that, cheap stuff is fine
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
GasKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island.
Posts: 606
My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Don't use anything corrosive...other than that, cheap stuff is fine
+1. Shoot the cheapest non corrosive you can find.
GasKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use