E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
thecarguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 118
My Ride: ZHP Sedan
APEX ARC-8 in 17x9.5 concave on E46 sedan...

Can it work?

Through heavy searching I have not been able to find anyone that has or has asked the question but I'm thinking it might with spacers.

The plan would be to run that as a SQUARE set up with 255 40 17s all around.

I have an 05 ZHP sedan that is just begging for it! If not - 17x9 square it is.
thecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
dreamdrivedrift
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ithaca, NY --> Baltimore, MD
Posts: 6,460
My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
it's possible, people were running 9.5+30 back in the day, this will be about the same...you will need to stretch 245s probably though if not smaller, run some camber, and do fender work
__________________
Chris
dreamdrivedrift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
thecarguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 118
My Ride: ZHP Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post
it's possible, people were running 9.5+30 back in the day, this will be about the same...you will need to stretch 245s probably though if not smaller, run some camber, and do fender work
According to APEX's site the 17x9.5 is +35. The 17x9 is +30.
thecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
David@ApexRaceParts
Sponsor
 
David@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 577
My Ride: E46 M3
We would not usually recommend anything wider than the 17x9.0 ET42 on the front of the e46 non-M as it would require a lot of negative camber and possibly fender work. The 17x9.0" ET30 concave wheel is too aggressive and would require a lot of negative camber in the front, along with a heavily rolled rear fender.

With the 17x9.0" ET30 squared setup, you would need the rear fenders rolled very heavily and the fronts to have a lot of negative camber dialed in, with 255/40/17 tires. If it is your track wheel, we highly recommend sticking to the 17x9.0" ET42 for the better fit.
__________________

| David D. | 925.245.0773 x802 | david@apexraceparts.com | Facebook | Blog |

Last edited by David@ApexRaceParts; 11-19-2012 at 06:31 PM.
David@ApexRaceParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
thecarguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 118
My Ride: ZHP Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ApexRaceParts View Post
We would not usually recommend anything wider than the 17x9.0 ET42 on the front of the e46 non-M as it would require a lot of negative camber and possibly fender work. The 17x9.0" ET30 concave wheel is too aggressive and would require a lot of negative camber in the front, along with a heavily rolled rear fender.

With the 17x9.0" ET30 squared setup, you would need the rear fenders rolled very heavily and the fronts to have a lot of negative camber dialed in, with 255/40/17 tires. If it is your track wheel, we highly recommend sticking to the 17x9.0" ET42 for the better fit.
Thanks David, I was hoping you would see this. I just needed that confirmation and was curious if anyone did it and had pics. From some that I have seen, I am more than cool with the 17x9 ET42. Just need to find a buyer for my stock 135s.
thecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
David@ApexRaceParts
Sponsor
 
David@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 577
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarguy View Post
Thanks David, I was hoping you would see this. I just needed that confirmation and was curious if anyone did it and had pics. From some that I have seen, I am more than cool with the 17x9 ET42. Just need to find a buyer for my stock 135s.
Sounds great! Feel free to give us a call directly if you have any other questions!
__________________

| David D. | 925.245.0773 x802 | david@apexraceparts.com | Facebook | Blog |
David@ApexRaceParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use