E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Early Christmas...WWI DWM 1917 Luger P08 Matching #s

Got me a great deal on a matching numbers 1917 DWM WWI German Luger. Internal parts match also. Has Imperial proof marks and is the military model. Holding this is like having a piece of history. Sorry about the pics, they are very bright. The blue on this gun is about 40-50%. I broke it down and cleaned it today, bore is dark but looks good. No rust or pitting. Grips and mag are not original to the gun as is obvious. I am still trying to break down the regiment number of the gun. It is marked J.R 190 8.K.9

It will be an occasional shooter, weapon is built so well, like a piece of art and is a pretty good investment. Always wanted one. Breaking down one of these things and looking at the tooling that went into this gun is just amazing. Way too much flash in the pics, makes it look like the gun is no longer black, sorry about that. You really have to see C&R guns in person.

For now I got rid of the repro black widow grips and put on some repro wood grips I got with the gun. Can't wait to shoot it and see how much different it is from my previous Walther P38.

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
mscaptura

My Ride: 02 325ci & 99 318ti
Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Wana sell those black widow fakes?
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
Wana sell those black widow fakes?
Holding on to them for now as they fit pretty good and I am custom sanding the wood grips. I would trade the black widow fakes for traditional fakes. I am also looking at getting an extra mag to put a repro wood mag bottom on like the gun came with. Right now it has an original WWII mag.

Few pics in a little better light of what blue remains and the wood grips I am still fitting. Putting the wood repro grips on and using pics I took besides the seller makes it look like a totally different gun. I really love this thing. Got range time scheduled this Saturday to shoot it. Damn frame better not crack like my Post WWII Walther P38 did....aluminum frame....pure crap. This P08 still fits in my old Walther P38 German holster also At least I could still find a use for that.

Last edited by carcus; 11-21-2012 at 11:05 PM.
carcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
carcus

Well, did some research on the regiment markings. Pretty cool stuff.

1917 Deutsche Waffen und Munitions Fabriken (DWM)
J.R 190 8.K.9
Infanterie - Regiment 190, 8 Kompagnie, Waffe Nr. 9

This Regiment had seen battle in Artois and Boyelles France area.

Being able to shoot this tomorrow and then put it in a case is such a great piece of history.