E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #21
Goondaddy

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOAMG View Post
At the end if the day that cop will have to say under oath that he saw you on the phone,
You'll have to say under oath that you wernt

Who's got the balls to lie??
Or maybe the cop was genuinely mistaken?
Goondaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #22
Ballistic325

My Ride: slow and steady
Hey Renae

welcome to NSW

As others have said, document everything (even printouts of you Dynavin specs showing it has bluetooth, pics of it in your car etc) and use your phone records including a dump of your phone's call logs.

Don't be surprised for the officers from the scene or the prosecutor to have a totally different story to yours. If you elect to go to court, find out who the prosecutor is and have a chat with them saying that you have proof that you weren't on the phone. That might just result in the charges being dropped.

Good luck and best wishes....

I can help with
* Reading Codes / Coding your car
* R&R FCAs, Tie Rods, Sway links....
* RTABs

Need an RTAB tool? Or clutch fan and water pump tools? PM me.
Ballistic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:09 AM   #23
DesiredM

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3N7AL View Post

Also, your record has nothing to do with it and can't be considered at all, your criminal/driving history can only be looked at during sentencing. They look at it as a way to choose your punishment. So don't worry about whether you have a good record or not. You can't be judged on that. You will simply be judged on the day's events and that's it.

Good luck.
Not really true, I have been let off 2 parking fines and one speeding fine because of my clean record as a driver. If you can provide a reasonable and logical reason as to why you received the fine in error and can back it up with a clean driving record it is a huge advantage.
DesiredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:29 AM   #24
Honro

My Ride: M3 E46
Did the cop actually see your phone? Did you show it to him?

Borrow a friends white phone lol

- MOD LIST -
- ESS VT550 SUPERCHARGER @ 307rwkw | KW V2 Coil Overs | 20' Vertini Hennisy Wheels - 20x 8.5F & 20x10R -

Watch My S/C Install Vid Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guCnA...ature=g-user-u
Honro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #25
M3N7AL

In court the judge can only take into account your history during sentencing. So if you're guilty he/she can elect to let you go with no conviction because of your clean record etc.

It's either your guilty or not guilty. If he/she "lets you off" it means you were guilty but because of your record he let you slide with no conviction. So therefore they took into account your criminal/driving history during sentencing. Thanks
M3N7AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #26
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goondaddy View Post
Or maybe the cop was genuinely mistaken?
Exactly what im saying..
If his not 100% sure, its going to take a brave/dumb man to say under oath you are.

Its what I say to officers who pull me over. (which doesnt happen very often at all)
"As long as you are ready to say under oath that i was commiting the offence, I'll take it."

Got let off twice.
received 3 fines

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?

Last edited by YGOAMG; 11-27-2012 at 02:38 AM.
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:37 AM   #27
M3N7AL

The police have to be 100% sure you were on the phone, if they were 99% sure then you're NOT guilty.

With a good barrister, some cross examination skill and the records and photos for your defence, you WILL be fine.

Then again you can represent yourself and provide all necessary records/photos etc.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:38 AM   #28
M3N7AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOAMG View Post
Exactly what im saying..
If his not 100% sure, its going to take a brave/dumb man to say under oath you are.
No not really, it happens all the time and they go unpunished just like "beto" the Brazillian who died from being tased.

The coroner found the Police to have lied and fabricated their statements yet they were given promotions and continue on without any drama.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #29
BrisM3
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 1990 E30 318is
Dec - Crown ran out of witnesses today so got an early mark!

OP - a lot of misinformation (unintentional and well meaning no doubt) and partial assistance in this thread. As you might have guessed I'm a lawyer. Send me a PM if you like with your phone number and I'll give you a call to have a chat about your situation. I'm a little busy at the moment but could call you during the lunch adjournment one day this week.

Tim.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #30
Pants.On.Fire

My Ride: 328ci
You sound like a top bloke! ^^ I'd buy you a beer.

Good luck O.P
Pants.On.Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #31
DeclanM3

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisM3 View Post

OP - a lot of misinformation (unintentional and well meaning no doubt) and partial assistance in this thread. As you might have guessed I'm a lawyer. Send me a PM if you like with your phone number and I'll give you a call to have a chat about your situation. I'm a little busy at the moment but could call you during the lunch adjournment one day this week.

Tim.
Epic, I thought they had 50+ witnesses..

That's E46Fanatics commitment. Busy with a massive case and you're still willing to provide advice in your lunch break!

PS: 2 CSL's for sale in QLD... Take your pick!

DeclanM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #32
CortinaD

My Ride: lots
If your post pay just sign up to Telstra online. Call logs are on there updated every 24 hours.

Excellent reporting. It will only show outgoing, if you want incoming that's a tad more difficult to get.
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #33
BrisM3
OEM ///Member

There is Dec. Just got through the alotted witnesses a bit quicker yesterday.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #34
[SeN]

My Ride: 2002 M3 Imola Red
There is a new law for mobile phones for NSW & VIC drivers that was enforced since Nov 1st 2012.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...030-28gtn.html

Extract from article:
It will be illegal for NSW motorists to even touch their mobile phones while driving from Thursday.
Centre for Road Safety general manager Marg Prendergast says motorists will have to buy a cradle or hands-free device if they want to talk on their mobile while driving from November 1.
Holding a phone while talking and driving is already illegal, but the new laws mean drivers can't touch the phone at all unless it is mounted.

Bilstein PSS10 /// Vorshlag Camber Plates /// Turner Motorsports RSM /// Rogue Engineering Octane SSK w. ZHP gear knob /// Dice MediaBridge 1500
[SeN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #35
Nae323

My Ride: '99 323Ci 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisM3 View Post

Tim.
Thank you, I'll send you that PM.

[SeN] - The new laws are ridiculous. I've heard of so many people getting done for using it when they weren't since it came in. The only time you're allowed to use it is to pass it to another person or something.

Last edited by Nae323; 11-27-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Nae323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #36
Nath

My Ride: MY13 Maloo
Sorry to read of your predicament

I worked for Telstra for nearly 9 years until recent.. Is your mobile on a personal or business account (2 different billing systems)

If Business they can do a screen dump of calls made, time & location but its 24/48 hours behind.

If consumer, well you should be able to log into 'my account' via Telstra website

All the above will only prove sadly is you didn't make an outgoing call - not that you didn't receive one

Telstra does not record incoming call details UNLESS you report your receiving unwanted calls (stalked etc) then they will place a trace from when you alert them..

410whp | 610Nm
Nath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #37
Nae323

My Ride: '99 323Ci 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath View Post
Sorry to read of your predicament

I worked for Telstra for nearly 9 years until recent.. Is your mobile on a personal or business account (2 different billing systems)

If Business they can do a screen dump of calls made, time & location but its 24/48 hours behind.

If consumer, well you should be able to log into 'my account' via Telstra website

All the above will only prove sadly is you didn't make an outgoing call - not that you didn't receive one

Telstra does not record incoming call details UNLESS you report your receiving unwanted calls (stalked etc) then they will place a trace from when you alert them..
Personal account.
Why is it that they cannot even send me a letterhead saying there were no calls at that time? The man I spoke to said his manager told him he wasn't authorized to do so.

Is there no way to get incoming calls? The tech man at the Apple dealer here said he couldn't get it off the phone.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #38
Nath

My Ride: MY13 Maloo
Reason why they can't place that in writing is due to them not having the information available to sign off on it - Telstra do not record your incoming calls unless you request it prior - may fall under 'privacy act' I'm not sure

410whp | 610Nm
Nath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #39
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Just do a print screen from you phone..

I don't see the point though..
As the nature of the phones use isn't in question.
The mere possession while in control of a motor vehicle is the offence.

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #40
BrisM3
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath View Post
Reason why they can't place that in writing is due to them not having the information available to sign off on it - Telstra do not record your incoming calls unless you request it prior - may fall under 'privacy act' I'm not sure
Simply not true.

CCRs (Call Charge Records) - the calls you make

And Reverse CCRs - the calls you receive are recorded and are provided by telcos when properly subpoenaed.

There is no need to request for that at a time prior to receiving the calls.