E46 Fanatics Forum banner

hi everyone

861 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ///MPR77 
#1 ·
new to bmw,s but been well impressed with me new/old purchase have got a 2001 325 i es an absolute dream to drive aswell full service history ..... ok its done 165k but wouldnt think so , even the leather has been well looked after ............. now have a niggle when the side lights are turned on the indicator lights up aswell but goes off when headlights turned on ............... im assuming its an earth problem ?? but never owned one of these before after a bit of info on where earth would be ........ i take it headlight has to come out ??
cheers for any help guys :thumbsup:

#4 · (Edited)
Welcome,
Just to clarify; When your running lights are on, you get a "bulb out" idicator on the dash?
Where is the indicator with relationship to the car diagram that lights up?
More Info!

If the rear error lights indicate, it can mean two things:
Brake Light Unit (bulb/s bad)
or
License Plate light/s is bad

or Tail light Ground pin is fouled, which happened to me on a 2001 325i i used to own.

If the front error light indicates

It can be Front turn signals

or

Headlights

If it is happening in the front and turning the headlights on corrects it "light goes away" then it could possibly be a problem with your ballast, if you have Xenons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.