E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
deceptor101

My Ride: 1999 328i
FS Steel Blue '99 E46 328i 5-sp $4k-OBO Nor-cal

I'm selling my 1999 E46 BMW 328i 5-speed manual with 194,000 miles since it got totaled by a distracted Prius. Thanks to the mileage, the damage wasn't significant, and does not affect the car at all. I drove it for a while after the accident with no problems whatsoever until I could find a replacement. I have taken very good care of the car since I bought it from the first owner at 142k. The car has the entire service history since it was bought from the dealer. The car originally did not come with the sport package, but when I did a full suspension refresh, I installed an H&R touring cup kit, which lowered the car a bit and gave it a firmer ride. The car also comes with an aftermarket stereo which has an ipod/aux input. It has an amp in the back that looks to be wired for a sub-woofer, but I never checked. The car came with the premium package, so it has heated seats, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, auto defrosting side mirrors, wood trim, etc. A/C still blows cold and the heater still blows hot. The interior is still largely in great shape. The drivers seat and floor mat show the mileage, but the rest of the interior is still fantastically clean. Since I've owned it I've done the following work:
deflection pulley, adjuster pulley
windshield washer pump
Front control arms and Meyle HD bushings
Full cooling system
Sunroof seal
A/C belt
Front and rear Differential mounts with new diff cover gasket (this is a $1,000 in labor job)
ATE rotors, hawk HPS pads, new brake sensors
Seafoam treatment, spark plugs
Crankcase ventilation valve and all hoses
Fuel Filter
Transmission mounts
H&R touring cup kit installed with all new shock/strut mounts
Beisan double vanos repair with valve cover gasket
4x Continental Extreme contact DWS tires, great all-season tires
Flex disc/guibo
Rear trailing arm bushings
Front and rear sway bar end links
Upper and Lower intake boots

Depending on the price I get, I also have these new parts that would come with the car:
Clutch master and slave cylinder
Full set of rear sub-frame bushings
fuel filter
Also a set of snow chains

The only downside to the car is the drivers seat is well worn with a tear, and the body damage from the accident. I've done all the recommended maintenance this car could need and it shouldn't give you any trouble. Best of all, it gets really good mileage considering how fun it is to drive. City it gets about 24-26, highway I average 32 but have seen as high as 36! Its a great car, and with all the work I've done it won't do you wrong.
Price is $4000 OBO. Car is located around SF Bay Area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-09-16_07-34-04_288.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	480383   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-22_15-39-55_162.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	480384   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-22_15-40-03_856.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	480385   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-01 14.57.13.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	480386  

deceptor101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
SteepLearningCurve

My Ride: 2000 323 i
So it has a Salvage Title now?
SteepLearningCurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
deceptor101

Yes, hence it not getting repaired. Sorry I read through that first part again and it's written horribly.
"Thanks to the mileage, it didn't take too much to damage the car more than it's worth so it now has a salvage title. That being said the trunk closes fine, the right rear door closes fine and both are waterproof. The car aligns straight, so it's pretty much unaffected."

That's a bit better right?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
deceptor101

Car is sold now!

Tags
328i, e46, manual