E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Forrest72

My Ride: E46 320d
320d Topaz Saloon Stance Project 'WOBI'

Hi Guys
Its been quite a while since I last started a progress blog so bear with me. I bought the car arouind 9 months ago completly standard from an auctionhouse I work at and have been in love ever since. It is my now 10th BMW even though I am only 21, I still own one other which is my E36 328i Track car project. I have modified almost every car ive ever owned but somehow thought I could manage to keep this one standard - this didnt last long!
Here is a pic of when I bought it:

First thing I did was give it a full service, replaced the oil seperator for a vortex one and did the swirl flap delete. I then braced myself for the state of the EGR and it was in a bad way, so i soaked it in degreaser and scrubbed it clean and finally did an EGR delete so it couldnt go back to the way it was and while i was there I replaced all the vaccum hoses with a silicone hoses i had spare

Your probably wondering where the WOBI is coming from in the title, this was my first mod (if you can call it that):

Then i decided to get some half leather for it, this is the inbetween stage so you can see the before and after:

Then the obvious grill upgrade:

Got this just to see the look on my 5 year old brothers face:

Then I bought some new wheels, ok not quite stance wheels but better than before
And also you can see my sneeky debarred rub strip:

I then got it remapped using the superchips Bluefin remap tool and did a before and after on the rolling road:

Before was 137bhp and after was 171bhp so quite a big difference but not as much as i was hoping for, so had a bit of inspecting to do...

Then I noticed a small boost leak problem with my intercooler connecting pipes, so needed to get my spanners out again, at this point i also fitted some Eibach Pro lowering springs:

I removed the intercooler and soaked it in degreaser, then pressure steam washed it and bought new clips so it wouldnt come off again made a nice bit of difference power wise

Then while driving one day heard a big bang and massive loss of power, to be honest i thought my turbo had just died, luckily it was one of my pesky boost pipes again that had tore open leaking all my boost, i refused to pay the stupid price of 65 at BMW for a new elbow so rang my friends down at samco and got a replacement - note the bodge fix while i was waiting for the pipe to arrive:

After this i got a bit silly really, as mentioned before i am building an E36 328i track car and needed seat subframes to fit my Sparco bucket seats, so ordered some E36 subframes - only to find out that the E36 and E46 ones were the same! So just because i could i decided to fit my bucket seats to my saloon diesel (ridiculous i know) and tbh i quite liked them so as of yet they havnt been removed:

Not long after that I got some sense again and got these, I loved the Eibachs but the height just wasnt low enough for my liking:

And fitted a decat while i was there:

And here is how she sitted:

Then after a long a tiring few hours with a soldering iron made this:

As always then need to go lower became to strong:

And some new wheels were bought, along with slightly stretched tyres (marmite i know):

And then a bonnet bra (now removed but good for going to shows):

I also fitted a dynavin stereo touch screen with sat nav, digital tv, reverse camera, DVD player, Bluetooth, Ipod - everything basically!

And thats where we are today, im sure there a million things that ive missed off but i will add them on later, Let me know if you have any suggestions on what you thing i should do next - im craving a roof rack and fairing but we shall see

Thanks for looking
Forrest72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Parabola

My Ride: e46 330D
Not too fond of the wheels, or the black door handles, rest is sweet though
Parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
pery88

My Ride: e46 320dT
i hope youre kidding about the wheels

do you have more pictures about de-cat? do you have any video with sound?