E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Rimfire Fanatics - I need your help

My knowledge base on 10/22s and scopes is nill. My Ruger Takedown just arrived, and I have the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 4x scope on the way for it.

I'm basically recreating this package from Impact Guns:

They use the Leupold QRW rings, but can any of you tell me what height they are (low, medium, high)?

Second question.

I also have a Ruger 1230 on order and I'm going to throw my Nikon Prostaff 3-9x scope on it.

I need a suggestion for rings (brand and height, no need for QD).

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
On my savage bolt .22 I used these rings and they are rock solid and the height is perfect for me. Burris XTR Low Rings

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Burr.../bur420180.htm

and here they are mounted
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
rossisboss

My Ride: '03 330i sedan ZHP
I would imagine the low rings should work as the scope you mention showed as a 32mm lens when I googled it. Some measurements wouldn't hurt once you get the scope in.

my 10/22 has an m4 style butt stock on it and due to that me head is higher above the bore, so I went with Weaver's quad lock medium or high rings (can't remember right now, scope center is 1" off the rail top). my 40mm scope sits noticeably high on the gun, but it's at the right height for a good cheek weld and comfortable shooting from any stance.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

I found a thread last night where a guy went with the medium rings on the Takedown. It cleared the stock and barrel fine, but apparently there was an issue with clearance when the barrel gets twisted on and off. So, I think that answers my question with the height on the Takedown.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

I ended up just calling Impact and asked what rings they used. They said Leupold QRW Medium, so I ordered them.