E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #61
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
This is like when single childless people give advice about married life with children
Old 12-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #62
flashmeow
Banned User

My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
This is like when single childless people give advice about married life with children

shh.... I have blue DoD vehicle registration decals on my car
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #63
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
shh.... I have blue DoD vehicle registration decals on my car
If that's true, it's not b/c you're a service member yourself.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-09-2012 at 03:45 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #64
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
Not b/c you're a service member yourself
correct but it is not like I am wikiepeding everything.

I have plenty of family/friends that served and are currently serving and of course I work closely with the miitary during my time at Raytheon as a project manager
Old 12-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #65
MDydinanM

Quote:

I have plenty of family/friends that served and are currently serving and of course I work closely with the miitary during my time at Raytheon as a project manager
Still curious, and you've never answered the question, how does one claim that they're going to take a US citizenship test (implying you weren't a US citizen), and is able to be a project manager for a DOD contractor in munitions development? And likely would need some sort of clearance?

Here's the thread to jog your memory:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...1&postcount=21
Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #66
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
Still curious, and you've never answered the question, how does one claim that they're going to take a US citizenship test (implying you weren't a US citizen), and is able to be a project manager for a DOD contractor in munitions development? And likely would need some sort of clearance?

Here's the thread to jog your memory:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...1&postcount=21
scroll up on the thread. I was just playing along with someone above me said were questioning my citizenship by saying "are you even a citizen" or "get out of america."
Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #67
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:

Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #68
MDydinanM

Quote:
scroll up on the thread. I was just playing along with someone above me said were questioning my citizenship by saying "are you even a citizen" or "get out of america."
noted. thank you.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #69
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
listen brah...no need to play that "my penis is bigger than your penis game." At the end of the day, you will always win.....only by default cuz I ain't got one.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #70
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
Quote:

I have friends and family that work in construction. I wouldn't be so stupid as to think that made me qualified to discuss construction careers with people who work in construction. Then again, I have common sense....

Go back to the military wives/daughters forums to discuss your attempts at understanding how the various jobs and careers in the military can manifest with other people who also have never "been there, done that" themselves. Thanks

Last edited by Wraisil; 12-09-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Wraisil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #71
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
listen brah...no need to play that "my penis is bigger than your penis game." At the end of the day, you will always win.....only by default cuz I ain't got one.
not playing no game brah! youre tooting your horn as if that sh1t gives you any more credibility, and it doesnt.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #72
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraisil View Post
I have friends and family that work in construction. I wouldn't be so stupid as to think that made me qualified to discuss construction careers with people who work in construction. Then again, I have common sense....

Go back to the military wives/daughters forums to discuss your attempts at understanding how the various jobs and careers can manifest with other people who also have never "been there, done that" themselves. Thanks
yeah but do you work in the construction related industry? I did...used to build/design muntions and systems for the military

Last edited by flashmeow; 12-09-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #73
MDydinanM

Old 12-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #74
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
not playing no game brah! youre tooting your horn as if that sh1t gives you any more credibility, and it doesnt.

truce?

anyhow...I highly suggest that you get back to your studying. EOD school is very tough and you need to hit the books if you want to graduate.

Good Luck and please post pictures of your graduation.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #75
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
truce?

anyhow...I highly suggest that you get back to your studying. EOD school is very tough and you need to hit the books if you want to graduate.

Good Luck and please post pictures of your graduation.
And with that, that proves how much you know about EOD school.

So again, please, GTFO!
Old 12-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #76
Wraisil

Quote:
yeah but do you work in the construction related industry? I did...used to build/design muntions and systems for the military
Congratulation, you "used to build/design munitions and systems for the military" which makes you about as qualified as the person who "built/designed the toilet paper for the military" to discuss career paths in the military.

I work in the power industry, but I'm also not going to talk to plant operators and tell them I understand their potential career paths more than they do (and yes, I did work in a construction related industry, but again, I'm not dumb enough to think that makes me qualified to understand all of their career options etc).

In high-school I sold fast-food to people who ran the Missouri State Government, I guess I should have felt qualified to discuss the inter-workings of the state Senate when I was 16 huh?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #77
flashmeow
Banned User

Quote:
Congratulation, you "used to build/design munitions and systems for the military" which makes you about as qualified as the person who "built/designed the toilet paper for the military" to discuss career paths in the military.

I work in the power industry, but I'm also not going to talk to plant operators and tell them I understand their potential career paths more than they do (and yes, I did work in a construction related industry, but again, I'm not dumb enough to think that makes me qualified to understand all of their career options etc).

In high-school I sold fast-food to people who ran the Missouri State Government, I guess I should have felt qualified to discuss the inter-workings of the state Senate when I was 16 huh?
cliff notes please?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #78
MDydinanM

Quote:
I'm not sure you can equate designing buildings in a construction industry to designing and manufacturing munitions. I'm sure they share some similar engineering and project management principles, but being versed in one doesn't qualify as being versed in the other.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-09-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #79
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:

I know huh?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #80
Wraisil

Quote:
cliff notes please?
You have no experience or knowledge of what you are talking about and thus your opinions carry the same weight as the guy who delivers toilet paper to the bases.