E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #1
bAby norAA

My Ride: 01 BMW 330i
**The Road to Strongman Nationals**

In October I'll be headed to the NAS Strongman Nationals this year in Reno, NV. I figure I'll keep track of training and updates here on the forums

Here is a list of the events and the weights for my division:

EVENTS DAY 1

Press Medley Keg, Axle, Circus Dumbell
Must lift implements in order. First Keg for 1 rep, second Axle for 1 rep, and last Circus Dumbell for as many reps as possible. 60 sec. time limit. Max reps wins

MWM 225,275,150

Yoke
Carry a yoke 60 feet. 60 sec. time limit. Fastest time wins. One Drop is allowed. Entire yoke must be carried across. Can not slide the yoke across finish line. A 2 second penalty will be given for slides across the finish line.

MWM 700

Carry Medley - Keg, Farmers, Duck Walk
First carry keg 60 feet and place on mat. Second carry farmers 40 feet and place on mat. Last carry duck walk 20 feet and place on mat. 75 sec. time limit. Time stopped when duck walk is on mat.

MWM 275,275,300

Car Deadlift
60 sec. time limit. Max reps wins. Up and Down command, NO TOUCH and GO. Straps allowed. Suits Allowed

EVENTS DAY 2

Wheel Barrow Push
Push Wheel Barrow 60 feet. 60 sec. time limit. Multiple Drops. The back legs of the wheel barrow must cross the line in hand not sliding across. If slide at the end a 2 sec penalty will be given.

MWM -1650 lbs

Keg over the Bar
3 kegs from lightest to heaviest. 60 sec. time limit. Kegs will be setting 10 feet away from the bar. Carry kegs and put them over the bar. Kegs must be carried in front of the competitor. NO SHOULDERING, Hands OFF the bar. Competitors are not allowed to use the apparatus to aid in putting the kegs over the bar.

MWM 225,250,275 56 Bar height

| VF Supercharged Stage 1.5| Southbend Stage 2 Clutch | ZHP Cams | Technik Headers |
bAby norAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
keep this updated. man. I will enjoy following it.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #3
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Subscribed
Old 07-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
bAby norAA

Few quick vids of me breaking in my new Metal triple ply DL suit for the car deadlift

835# Hex Deadlift

635# Hex x 10

Car DL simulation frame 1200# on the frame but it was pivoting on an axis, so i'd guess by feel it was around 7-750ish from a high pull position

| VF Supercharged Stage 1.5| Southbend Stage 2 Clutch | ZHP Cams | Technik Headers |
Old 07-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #5
bAby norAA

Heres a quick vid of my last comps car DL event. I only needed 4 reps for the win

Old 07-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
DylloS

not to sound gay but I like your look as a strong man. A lot of guys I've seen are just bulky. You actually look good.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
bAby norAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
not to sound gay but I like your look as a strong man. A lot of guys I've seen are just bulky. You actually look good.
haha thanks, I'd prefer to still have abs and be strong, then have a big gut to help me lift

Old 07-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #8
bAby norAA

Little speed work on my yoke today.

550# yoke 6 x 50' less than 7 seconds

Then finished with

Deadlifts at 405 7x7 (1 min rests)

Single Arm DB Clean and Press at 110# 7x7

Old 07-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #9
DylloS

I love your gym. God I would love to move out of this garage and get a strength and conditioning gym with a branch of CF. We talked about the reasons behind the cf decision lol. I have about 15 dedicated people training now. If I can get about 10 more I can afford to get a bigger space and grow from there.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:57 AM   #10
bAby norAA

Fell behind in keeping this thread up, been a lot going on. Heres a few newer vids of training

120# Circus Dumbell working on speed

Pressing Medley
225# keg
275# axle
150# dumbell

Car Frame DL (1400# on the frame)

Keg Over Bar Medley
225# Keg
250# keg
300# keg
over 54" bar

Old 09-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #11
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Do you drink all of the beer in those kegs after your workout and refill for next?
Old 09-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #12
bAby norAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Do you drink all of the beer in those kegs after your workout and refill for next?
haha I wish. unfortunately a full keg is only 180 pounds

i'm lucky to have a client who is a beer supplier who brings me empty kegs whenever i need some.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #13
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
You: "hey go stand over there I'm going to throw these ridiculously heavy kegs at you don't worry the sandbag will do all the work"
Other guy: "sure"
Other guy: "wait what??"

That job didn't look fun.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #14
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Jesus christ man
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #15
bAby norAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
You: "hey go stand over there I'm going to throw these ridiculously heavy kegs at you don't worry the sandbag will do all the work"
Other guy: "sure"
Other guy: "wait what??"

That job didn't look fun.
he volunteered

Old 09-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #16
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Very cool thread, bAby norAA. I'm guessing you're in the 231lb division? Best of luck.

I'd love to compete in the 200lb division someday, just for fun. I'd get smoked and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #17
DylloS

Part of me feels like not many people here understand how elite Aaron is.. I run in a few circles of pretty strong dudes and no one is doing this and if they're even close they don't look anything like this. I sound like a little kid looking up to his hero right now but this sh1t is impressive as fuuck.

Aaron, what's your best 500m row. I know one of Alex's clients has the top score for his age. I think low 1:20's
Old 09-16-2014, 04:15 AM   #18
bAby norAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Very cool thread, bAby norAA. I'm guessing you're in the 231lb division? Best of luck.

I'd love to compete in the 200lb division someday, just for fun. I'd get smoked and then some.
Thanks bud. And i'm actually competing in the 200# class. I jump back and forth sometimes in the season but my actual class is the < 200# class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Part of me feels like not many people here understand how elite Aaron is.. I run in a few circles of pretty strong dudes and no one is doing this and if they're even close they don't look anything like this. I sound like a little kid looking up to his hero right now but this sh1t is impressive as fuuck.

Aaron, what's your best 500m row. I know one of Alex's clients has the top score for his age. I think low 1:20's
I really really appreciate the kid words my friend. It means a lot to hear especially after a **** night in training where I just was out of my usual rhythm

My best 500m row was a 1:16.4

Last edited by bAby norAA; 09-16-2014 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:50 AM   #19
bAby norAA

Getting Faster by the week...
275# keg (60 ft)
275# farmers (each hand) (40ft)
300# duck walk (20 ft)
I need to make the transitions quicker still

Fastest time yet on the keg over bar (21 sec)

Old 09-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #20
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bAby norAA View Post
Thanks bud. And i'm actually competing in the 200# class. I jump back and forth sometimes in the season but my actual class is the < 200# class.

I really really appreciate the kid words my friend. It means a lot to hear especially after a **** night in training where I just was out of my usual rhythm

My best 500m row was a 1:16.4
jesus fuucking christ. I quit hahaha.

That is awesome. Def keep this updated. This is fun. Also, who or what do you tend to follow for your general S&C and strongman info. I'm always looking to add youtube channels, and websites to my list.