E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #181
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Superset Tris and Bis:

Close Grip Bench Press:
4 Sets 8 Reps 115lbs

Cable Tricep Pushdowns:
4 Sets 8 60lbs

Dips body weight
3 Sets 12

Cable reversed pushdowns:
4 Sets 8 110lbs

Seated Bar Curl:
4 Sets 8 80lbs

Dragon Curl:
3 Sets 8 60lbs

Seated incline DB Hammer Curl:
4 Sets 8 40lbs

Standing wide grip EZ bar curl:
4 sets x 8 80lbs
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #182
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
haha sorry but what is a "dragon curl"

sounds hilarious
Old 03-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #183
z00

lol I know, I learned that from a personal trainer years ago. It puts tension on upper head of bicep. It burns like a MF. It has other names but don't remember them.

With an EZ bar or BB, instead of a regular curl where elbows stay stationary on sides and forearms move, in dragon curl the elbows move back until biceps are almost parallel with ground. Hopefully this makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
haha sorry but what is a "dragon curl"

sounds hilarious
Old 03-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #184
z00

Legs

Warm-up sets not included.

Front squats
5 x 5 155lbs

Back squats
1 x 5 205lbs
3 x 15 155lbs

Lying leg curls
2 x 9 110lbs
2 x 8 110lbs

Romanian deadlifts
2 x 8 125lbs

Left the gym limping from soreness.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #185
z00

Chest, almost doubled my volume from previous workous, in the same time 70min including warm-up.

BB bench press
1 x 5 165lbs
1 x 6 155lbs
1 x 6 155lbs
1 x 6 155lbs
1 x 5 155lbs

Incline DB press
1 x 6 60lbs
1 x 6 60lbs
1 x 6 60lbs
1 x 6 60lbs
1 x 6 60lbs

Balance ball cable flies
1 x 8 40lbs
1 x 8 40lbs
1 x 8 40lbs
1 x 7 40lbs
1 x 6 40lbs

Dips, body weight
1 x 13
1 x 13
1 x 13
1 x 12
1 x 13

Pushups, body weight
1 x 6

Could not move after that.

Last edited by z00; 03-11-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #186
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Chest, almost doubled my volume from previous workous, in the same time 70min including warm-up.

BB bench press
1 x 5 165lbs
1 x 6 155lbs
1 x 6 155lbs
1 x 6 155lbs
1 x 5 155lbs

Incline DB press
1 x 6 60lbs
1 x 6 60lbs
1 x 6 60lbs
1 x 6 60lbs
1 x 6 60lbs

Balance ball cable flies
1 x 8 40lbs
1 x 8 40lbs
1 x 8 40lbs
1 x 7 40lbs
1 x 6 40lbs

Dips, body weight
1 x 13
1 x 13
1 x 13
1 x 12
1 x 13

Pushups, body weight
1 x 6

Could not move after that.
I like to be like that after my workouts.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #187
dabears

btw why do you have an entire day devoted to arms. I count 30 sets and 260 reps lol
Old 03-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #188
z00

I workout 5 days a week. One day is entirely for arms. I was doing 4 days only and squeezed in a couple of arm workouts when I could, but noticed that was not enough and decided to do 5 days/w.

I'm doing a modified version of this:
http://www.cutandjacked.com/Workout-...-Lazar-Angelov

My workouts were missing some volume and this program gets it right for me.

Quote:
btw why do you have an entire day devoted to arms. I count 30 sets and 260 reps lol
Old 03-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #189
dabears

Why did you think you were not getting enough volume? From your #'s you are approaching intermediate level, yet you are training with a borderline elite level of volume.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #190
z00

What's wrong with this volume? I don't know about intermediate or elite. I listen to my body. If you noticed I have increased volume on all of my workouts, in the last month or so I'm already seeing a difference in the mirror. This volume seems to be giving my muscles the need to grow. If my body can handle it I'll do it. It's still under 80 min, it's not like I'm spending 3 hours in the gym.

Lesson learned: if you ain't suffering at the gym, you ain't doing $hit. I guess that's like saying no pain no gain lol

My measurements from 3 months ago:
Biceps: 13.5 inches
Thigh: 21.5 inches

Now:
Biceps: 14.5"
Thigh: 23"

At a certain stage arms will need their own day. I have been under plenty of stress lately, going an extra day to the gym is a good way to release all of the anger and tension in me. To be clear, sometimes my cycle is 5 workout days per 8 days not 7, depending how tired I'm.

Quote:
Why did you think you were not getting enough volume? From your #'s you are approaching intermediate level, yet you are training with a borderline elite level of volume.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #191
M3Inline6
I'm now boosting! Funnnn!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
What's wrong with this volume? I don't know about intermediate or elite. I listen to my body. If you noticed I have increased volume on all of my workouts, in the last month or so I'm already seeing a difference in the mirror. This volume seems to be giving my muscles the need to grow. If my body can handle it I'll do it. It's still under 80 min, it's not like I'm spending 3 hours in the gym.

Lesson learned: if you ain't suffering at the gym, you ain't doing $hit. I guess that's like saying no pain no gain lol

Now:

At a certain stage arms will need their own day. I have been under plenty of stress lately, going an extra day to the gym is a good way to release all of the anger and tension in me. To be clear, sometimes my cycle is 5 workout days per 8 days not 7, depending how tired I'm.

Angst/anger/frustration is my dominant "energy source" of choice. I lift harder when I'm mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionjack View Post
Dude, you are massively gay for Capoeira. Yes I know this has been well established for quite some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unionjack View Post
While not big, I bet it's firm and can grind the sh1t out of a crank.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #192
dabears

Quote:

Now:

nothing "wrong" with it, and if you feel that kind of work load is what you require to gain ... then so be it. Were you not seeing results before doing less volume (and within the same time frame as your current results) or were you just impatient and added additional volume? That's sort of what I'm wondering.

What I mean by beginner, intermediate, advanced, elite is your years of your training/strength level. While a beginner could go in and do next to nothing and see results, as their muscles adapt over about a years time they require more volume to see additional growth. Same thing to progress from intermediate -> advanced. The only question I'm asking is... given your current level of experience/weight lifted (which if you entered your stats in http://www.strstd.com/ would put you in the lower range of intermediate class) you should see similar growth with probably half the current volume you have (my opinion remember). Your routine looks to be one of an advanced/elite level bodybuilder, and tailored as such. If you don't feel you are "overtraining" (this takes time and other factors) and don't feel inconvenienced by all means continue... I'm just politely posing the question that maybe less is more in your case.

Don't shoot me m3inline! I don't want to ruin all the good knowledge you have in here... I'm just curious is all.

and working out de-stresses me too, love it!

I should note you'll never be able to convince me that arms need their own day
Old 03-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #193
z00

Same here, I have been full of anger. So I go and take it all out in the gym. Love the part where I squeeze the BB and move weights I never thought I could move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Angst/anger/frustration is my dominant "energy source" of choice. I lift harder when I'm mad!
I'm not trying to convince anyone about arms day. I don't think it's essential like other 4 days, but it's nice to have. Instead of watching TV, why not go for an extra day? It's not gonna cause me to overtrain. And I don't have to rush my other workouts to squeeze arms in. 5 days cycle works great for me.

For volume, each body is different. I have tried both more volume and less volume. You can track the difference in my workouts volume from a month ago and since then. You'll notice volume is about 30-45% more. Before I was making progress but for all the hard work and discipline I put in it, results were not rewarding. With added volume, the results are rewarding in a timely manner. In other words, my abs definition used to show when I'm pumped. Now they show on rest days. Same thing with my delts, back, and tris. I have only seen such progress only when I started really pushing myself with extra volume.

All feedback is welcome bro. I have learned so much from this forum. Just keep one thing in mind, what works for others does not mean it'll work for you. If you're happy with your progress and volume, stick with it, otherwise I suggest increasing the volume it could make a big difference for you as it did for me.
Quote:
nothing "wrong" with it, and if you feel that kind of work load is what you require to gain ... then so be it. Were you not seeing results before doing less volume (and within the same time frame as your current results) or were you just impatient and added additional volume? That's sort of what I'm wondering.

What I mean by beginner, intermediate, advanced, elite is your years of your training/strength level. While a beginner could go in and do next to nothing and see results, as their muscles adapt over about a years time they require more volume to see additional growth. Same thing to progress from intermediate -> advanced. The only question I'm asking is... given your current level of experience/weight lifted (which if you entered your stats in http://www.strstd.com/ would put you in the lower range of intermediate class) you should see similar growth with probably half the current volume you have (my opinion remember). Your routine looks to be one of an advanced/elite level bodybuilder, and tailored as such. If you don't feel you are "overtraining" (this takes time and other factors) and don't feel inconvenienced by all means continue... I'm just politely posing the question that maybe less is more in your case.

Don't shoot me m3inline! I don't want to ruin all the good knowledge you have in here... I'm just curious is all.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #194
dabears

Re-read through and I take it back, the only "elite" level volume you are doing is on your arms, everything else is typical bb split. I fully understand what works for me won't work for others, but I also think people think the more they workout they more they'll gain... Not true usually. But definitely each to their own as far as preferences, I struggled with 4 workout days let alone 5... I'm not sitting on the couch either, I do hot yoga on off days and play hockey once to three times a week. If you have the time to do 5 days and won't burn yourself out that's great.

What kind of rest periods are you taking in order to squeeze this into 80 minutes?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #195
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:

My leg day today would definitely make you say it's too much lol. I could very well be doing too much but I find squatting heavy once a week isn't enough. I want to fuuck my legs up. I'll post it in the workout thread.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #196
z00

Actually not only arms, but also chest, back, legs, and shoulders have their volume increased.

Rest times depends on day. For example, DLs, I rest 3-4min between sets. Squats 2-3 min. Chest 2min, shoulders 1-2 min, arms 1-2 min.

Most of my workouts I super set. I finish two exercises without resting. That's how I get through it fast. I don't superset on big lifts (DL, squats, bench, etc....)

Quote:
Re-read through and I take it back, the only "elite" level volume you are doing is on your arms, everything else is typical bb split. I fully understand what works for me won't work for others, but I also think people think the more they workout they more they'll gain... Not true usually. But definitely each to their own as far as preferences, I struggled with 4 workout days let alone 5... I'm not sitting on the couch either, I do hot yoga on off days and play hockey once to three times a week. If you have the time to do 5 days and won't burn yourself out that's great.

What kind of rest periods are you taking in order to squeeze this into 80 minutes?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #197
z00

Back

Deadlifts
1 x 10 135lbs
1 x 8 225lbs
1 x 4 275lbs
1 x 5 275lbs
1 x 5 275lbs
1 x 8 225lbs

pull-ups
1 x 10 with 30lbs
1 x 7 with 30 lbs
1 x 6 with 30 lbs
1 x 8 with 30 lbs (negatives only)

T-bar rows
1 x 6 110lbs
1 x 6 110lbs
1 x 5 110lbs

Wide bar rows
1 x 8 105lbs
1 x 8 105lbs
1 x 8 105lbs

Tri pulldowns superset (renamed from 21 as reps count changed)

Wide grip:
1 x 5 150lbs
1 x 5 150lbs
1 x 5 150lbs

Close grip palms in
1 x 5 150lbs
1 x 5 150lbs
1 x 5 150lbs

Close grip palms out
1 x 5 150lbs
1 x 5 150lbs
1 x 5 150lbs
Old 03-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #198
z00

In 70 min including warm-up, my weight is still at 167lbs but strength is increasing linearly. I never reached these number as shoulders and chest are my weakest muscles.

Shoulders

Standing Military press
1 x 20 45lbs
1 x 5 115lbs
1 x 5 115lbs
1 x 5 115lbs
1 x 5 115lbs

Standing behind head presses
1 x 5 105lbs
1 x 5 105lbs
1 x 6 95lbs
1 x 6 95lbs

Hammer strength shoulder presses (weight per side)
1 x 6 70lbs
1 x 5 70lbs
1 x 5 70lbs
1 x 10 45lbs

cable rear delts on medicine ball
1 x 10 35lbs
1 x 10 35lbs
Stopped as I was supersetting and someone took over

DB side delts with palms in
1 x 10 15lbs
1 x 10 15lbs
1 x 10 15lbs

DB rear delts incline bench
1 x 10 20lbs
1 x 10 20lbs
1 x 10 20lbs

Cable Front raises
1 x 10 80lbs
1 x 10 80lbs
1 x 10 80lbs

middle delts machine
1 x 8 70lbs
1 x 8 80lbs
1 x 8 50lbs
1 x 6 30lbs
Old 03-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #199
z00

Superset Tris and Bis. In 80 min including warm-up:

Close Grip Bench Press:
4 Sets 6 Reps 125lbs

Cable Tricep Pushdowns:
4 Sets 10 70lbs

Dips body weight
2 Sets 12
1 Set 15

Cable reversed pushdowns:
4 Sets 8 110lbs

Seated Bar Curl:
4 Sets 6 85lbs

Dragon Curl:
3 Sets 10 70lbs

Seated incline DB Hammer Curl:
4 Sets 8 40lbs

Standing wide grip reversed EZ bar curl:
4 sets x 8 70lbs

Abs

Leg-ups:
1 x 15
1x 15

Abd crunch machine
1 x 8 90lbs
1 x 8 90lbs

Last edited by z00; 03-16-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #200
z00

Legs

Warm-up sets not included.

Front squats
5 x 6 155lbs

Back squats
3 x 6 205lbs
1 x 8 155lbs with a pause on bench
1 x 10 155lbs with a pause on bench