E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #101
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
He won't die. He will ended up being a better driver than you and pull more chick than you before his 18th birthday than your whole life so far.
Have same faith in ppl and stop being jelly
i ruv engrish
Old 12-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #102
TheRusski

My Ride: gone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitriGregorio View Post
My friends dad offered him 20 grand for a first car (his dad is so dumb) and he's thinking of getting a 2003 m3 competition with 76k miles.. He doesn't even know how to drive a stick. I tried describing the raw power that car has and the fact that if there's one rainy day or snowy day he will not be able to control the car and he won't listen! What do I say to him? I guarantee he's gonna crash this car if he gets it. I can't let him get hurt/ruin this gorgeous car! This car is way too much for him to handle. His dad is stupid for giving him money for his car anyway! He won't appreciate the value of what he's driving..
Quote:
Haha hey I'm more then happy with my 330ci that I paid in full with my own money, I pay insurance, gas, and all repairs myself! I just work like crazy!
Heres the problem...right there
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #103
TheRusski

Oh damn OP is only 16...

Im out..Im too old for this BS
Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #104
diM3tri

My Ride: 330ci + stg2 Scoobie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRusski View Post
Heres the problem...right there
I'm not jealous. The fact that I have to work for my car makes driving it so much better. I respect my car, I don't push it's limits because I know that it's my ass on the line if I crash. I wash it every week, I read 100s of posts a day every chance I can get on these forums to try to learn as much as I can about discovering the true potential of my car. Every time I look at my car I don't just see a fast bmw, I see something that is truly mine. It's all the thousands of hours of work that I put into it. Part of the fun is constantly working on it and constantly learning about it. If I was just handed this car I guarantee I wouldn't even register on the forums, I wouldn't spend time hand washing it, I wouldn't learn about preventative maintenance and I would not use top quality gas and oil. I wouldn't realize the great machine I own. So no, I am not jealous. I'm proud of the car I own and I wouldn't want anything else.

Current Cars:
'99 Big Turbo B5 A4 (the red one) ^^^
'13 GLI
'91 Ford F150 v8 5spd

Previous Cars:
'05 stg 2 scoobie wagon
'82 VW rabbit vert
'01 330ci
'84 633csi

Last edited by diM3tri; 12-10-2012 at 10:16 PM.
diM3tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #105
TheRusski

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaurimn View Post
No matter what he won't appreciate it since it is being bought for him and it's his first car. He will beat the **** out of it like anyone else does to their first car. Hope the parents are ready to spend more money on repairing it until he crashes it.
Yes because you know this kid and know everything about him....ok Dr Phil

Old 12-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #106
Arock1092

My Ride: Bmw M3
Quote:
My friends dad offered him 20 grand for a first car (his dad is so dumb) and he's thinking of getting a 2003 m3 competition with 76k miles.. He doesn't even know how to drive a stick. I tried describing the raw power that car has and the fact that if there's one rainy day or snowy day he will not be able to control the car and he won't listen! What do I say to him? I guarantee he's gonna crash this car if he gets it. I can't let him get hurt/ruin this gorgeous car! This car is way too much for him to handle. His dad is stupid for giving him money for his car anyway! He won't appreciate the value of what he's driving..
^Didnt know they made a zcp in 2003.lol let him get the car, its his prob not yours..
Arock1092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #107
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
I'm 20, have owned many cars from a civic Si to a S52'd E30 and I have plenty of driving expedience, now I drive a 135i with a JB4 tune, it is putting roughly 360 hp and 375 tq to the wheels and sometimes, even with all my experience, it scares the sh!t out of me. In short M3 is wayyyy too much car for an inexperienced driver.
Thats nothing...

You need to get the jb4 map 5 with water meth injection.
This is assuming you already did downpipes/chargepipe, intake/exhaust, bov etc. Etc.

You should see close to 500hp and if you're crazy youll go for rb turbos and take on hpf m3's but idk how stable the 1 series would be with that power. My friends 335i does 0-60 in 3 seconds in 2nd gear and its scary as hell wide open...puts down 530hp to the wheels. Looks completely stock too

///M
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #108
Vincent_m3

My Ride: 04 M3
What car do you drive anyway? Let your friend roll with the M3 he wont go wrong with it. Are you jealous with your friend driving M3?:banghe ad:
Vincent_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #109
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M=Power View Post
Thats nothing...

This is assuming you already did downpipes/chargepipe, intake/exhaust, bov etc. Etc.

You should see close to 500hp and if you're crazy youll go for rb turbos and take on hpf m3's but idk how stable the 1 series would be with that power. My friends 335i does 0-60 in 3 seconds in 2nd gear and its scary as hell wide open...puts down 530hp to the wheels. Looks completely stock too
N54 engine is no joke but I'm not sure if I want to run meth

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #110
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
Really an E46 M3 isnt that fast considering kids these days are getting new 5.0 stangs ect ( Which would roast an M3 in every aspect) Sound to me like your Jelly and that your friend is gonna have a faster nicer looking car than you, You have a right to be Jelly but you shouldnt be talking him out of it

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #111
M3_DU

My Ride: '02 M3
Damn 20k for a competition pack E46 M3. I live in the wrong country..
M3_DU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #112
Fergo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46330iguy View Post
Really an E46 M3 isnt that fast considering kids these days are getting new 5.0 stangs ect ( Which would roast an M3 in every aspect) Sound to me like your Jelly and that your friend is gonna have a faster nicer looking car than you, You have a right to be Jelly but you shouldnt be talking him out of it
Uhhhhh every aspect? You think a 5.0 Mustang handles as well as an M3? Have you even driven an M3?

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Old 12-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #113
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
Sorry was thinking the boss 302 but in all the tests it either tied or beat the E92 M3, As we are talking an E46 here

And yes actually i have two friends that own them one has a supercharged E46 and one has a supercharged E92, All are faster than my car

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here

Last edited by E46330iguy; 12-11-2012 at 12:07 AM.
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #114
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Cant be an 03 and Competition Package.

It's either newer, or not ZCP.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #115
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M=Power View Post
Thats nothing...

My friend's the same way. I did a pull with him and his "conservative tune" (~420hp) and for the most part...believe it or not, we were neck and neck (I actually had it recorded). Then there were also some pulls in which he pulled from me.

It's strange. I guess it came down to me, since my car's a manual and his is auto. He hit the dragstrip this past Fall with race gas and meth kit running, and ran a solid time, 12.4. Surprised a lot of people, considering he's still running on run-flats (however...AWD).

335's are fantastic cars, you don't have to worry about the HPFP as much anymore (considering they changed manufacturers in '09, and they offer a warranty for them), but I feel like the JB tune, especially the beefier ones, puts a lot of stress on those turbos.

Last edited by PH03NIX46; 12-11-2012 at 12:16 AM.
PH03NIX46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #116
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec

My Ride: 2003 325i
Sounds like you're just jealous of your friend getting the car you wish you had IMO
Old 12-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #117
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
N54 335s aren't all they're cracked up to be. MPower as I recall a few days ago you said 335s are garbage cars.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #118
dinan19

My Ride: 2004 Imola ZHP
Sounds like a recipe for disaster lol. Funny thing is that this thread cought my attention because my best friend was telling me about a very similar situation that was quite unbelievable. My friends little brother that is in highschool apparantly has a friend that's parents bought him an Audi R8 and is just got his license. Apparantly the kid is driving this R8 like a maniac and has already had it fixed several times. Honestly it has nothing to do with the price of the car, its just the simple fact that high end cars like these with brute power are for people with at least some kind of experience at the very least. Anywho if i was you i would tell them go for it because if you dont they will just say your being jealous and ignorant. Let him learn that it takes more then a sippie cup and a stroller to handle these beautiful machines. Good luck.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App
Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #119
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
Bro, I'm 16 and I drive a bmw... You don't think I get enough pussy?
kill yourself

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #120
Fergo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH03NIX46 View Post
My friend's the same way. I did a pull with him and his "conservative tune" (~420hp) and for the most part...believe it or not, we were neck and neck (I actually had it recorded). Then there were also some pulls in which he pulled from me.

It's strange. I guess it came down to me, since my car's a manual and his is auto. He hit the dragstrip this past Fall with race gas and meth kit running, and ran a solid time, 12.4. Surprised a lot of people, considering he's still running on run-flats (however...AWD).

335's are fantastic cars, you don't have to worry about the HPFP as much anymore (considering they changed manufacturers in '09, and they offer a warranty for them), but I feel like the JB tune, especially the beefier ones, puts a lot of stress on those turbos.
Yeah 500 is really pushing it, I'm content with the power it's putting down...beats E9x M3s by inches in a straight line, as for E46 M3 I guess it must have been because his was auto, because I pull a couple car lengths on E46s

2 easy 2 make hp turbos