E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
TKC

My Ride: 330cic & R6
Send a message via AIM to TKC
Electronic/Digital gauges on Dynavin?

Hello FI.

Does anyone know a way to get rid of the physical gauges by having digital versions of them displayed through the Dynavin headunit?
I have 2 extra AV inputs, so it would be great if there was a product that collected all the data and then had an AV Output line that could plug into the Dynavin.

I searched for a while last night, but just kept finding companies that used to make them but discontinued them like HKS and Magden. I really liked this HKS CAMP II:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...llo-HKS-CAMP-2

Last edited by TKC; 12-06-2012 at 10:45 AM.
TKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
wshgrntd

My Ride: 2007 335i m-sport
try this http://torque-bhp.com/
wshgrntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
bmxpert86

My Ride: e46 TiAg ///M3
I looked everywhere for a system like this last night because I thought it would be such a cool idea when I go f/i. Unfortunatly like you, I only found the supra system that you already found. I usually can find anything on the interwebs so I think that there is not anything else out there, Wich really sucks. I can't believe in the age of tech that we live in that there is not a whole bunch of options out there to be set up for any cars monitor.

I actually was thinking about this last week when I was looking at vids for the LFA, Lexus made it's gauges digital because the car revs so fast that the normal RPM gauge is to slow. I hope someone makes a a/v modern plug n play set up because I think it would be a real money maker.

Maybe I missed something and there are options available because it would be really cool option and would be nice to keep stock interior without a million gauges all over the car. The hks seemed kinda slow regardless, and the monitors options should of looked a lot more modern, there should be more options with cool looking displays.

Good luck finding something that's reliable and user friendly. Regardless someone should really hop on this, it's seems to be a great money making opportunity.

Last edited by bmxpert86; 12-13-2012 at 05:28 PM.
bmxpert86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxpert86 View Post
I actually was thinking about this last week when I was looking at vids for the LFA, Lexus made it's gauges digital because the car revs so fast that the normal RPM gauge is to slow. I hope someone makes a a/v modern plug n play set up because I think it would be a real money maker.

Maybe I missed somethi
I feel like they're just saying that. There have been some mighty fast revving Ferraris, Porsches and the like that do with an Analog tach. It just doesn't make sense really, but it's a nice gimmick!

TKC have you looked at doing a carpc? I know there are some IBUS integration kits, so you might be able to route in not only gauges, but also OBD2 information through it.

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:58 AM   #5
SweTurbo
Banned User

My Ride: 323i -98

I have mine setup similiar to this, the version of PCLink displayed is an old one which doesnt have fullscreen and some other functions.

But you'd need the Link EMS+ a carpc for it to work but man is it sweet
SweTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
wshgrntd

My Ride: 2007 335i m-sport
Here is one..... this is the one I was talking about with torque....

wshgrntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
http://www.defi-shop.com/products/ad...zd/summary_zd/

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
m3yal8r

My Ride: 2002 e46 M3
@washgrntd - I didnt see torque but I did see boost which is cool, boost and AFR's would be awesome as well as other things like AIT, Oil temp, water temp.

2002 BMW M3 [/B]Titanium Silver Metallic / Black / 6 Speed

Mods:
Performance: ESS VT1 455 Supercharger, Agency Power Headers / Borla Header Back / Walbro 255
Suspension: Ground Control Street / School Coil-over 440/545 / AKG Motorsport Bushings all around
Wheels: ZCP Comps 18X9.5 18X8.5
Magic Powers: Radar-Mirror PLX Gauge set-up/
V1 radar detector / Laser Interceptor
m3yal8r is offline   Reply With Quote