E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #41
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardPark'd TT View Post
You must have some damn sensitive ears because I've had two bagged roadsters now and lets talk about hearing everything and to be honest my compressor hardly makes noise. Plus with most advanced management you can set it so it only turns on when your air gets low so unless you're bouncing down the street I see no reason to have your compressor running more than 5 mins anyways.

OP awesome work! I may consider those for my rear to get lower on the Z4 since it's pretty much the same setup as an e46.
Perhaps the technology has just gotten a lot better. My rover is definitely an older compressor setup and it DEFINITELY runs far more than what you described. Mine basically has a reserve tank that continually fills via the compressor and distributes to the bags.. every time they compress, it shoots more air to fill it back up.. great for serious off roading comfort but not for practical compressor use.

My buddy has a bagged Lexus that's beautiful but you hear the compressor kicking in far too often for my liking. Sounds like he has a sewing machine in the trunk

Said car

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #42
HardPark'd TT

My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
Aren't they worse for handling compared to coilovers?
That's an old rumor. Old truck setups back in the day welded together yes. These new setups that companies offer are truly amazing. Short of competition track racing you will not feel a difference.

My AirRex kit has truly blown my mind as fas as handeling goes. The AirLift kit I had on my TT was awesome as well but more OEM feeling. The AirRex with all of it's adjustability and retaining the sway bars is a perfect alternative to a static coil setup (I've had bilstein, tein, H&R, etc on all my prvious cars). Yes it's more money but you have the piece od mind that your fenders, lips, oil pans, etc are safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Perhaps the technology has just gotten a lot better. My rover is definitely an older compressor setup and it DEFINITELY runs far more than what you described. Mine basically has a reserve tank that continually fills via the compressor and distributes to the bags.. every time they compress, it shoots more air to fill it back up.. great for serious off roading comfort but not for practical compressor use.

My buddy has a bagged Lexus that's beautiful but you hear the compressor kicking in far too often for my liking. Sounds like he has a sewing machine in the trunk

Said car

That makes sense. Yes the technology has become way better.

With a car like that lexus too I bet he's running a dual setup with some larger exposed compressors (can't watch the vid at work) . For a more practical setup like I have, one small one in the spare tire well or like jeremy said in the bumper is enough and still quiet.

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
HardPark'd TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #43
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
Aren't they worse for handling compared to coilovers?
Yes they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottalovethexi View Post
I'm sorry, but what is the point of this video? That cars on bags can drift? Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardPark'd TT View Post
That's an old rumor. Old truck setups back in the day welded together yes. These new setups that companies offer are truly amazing. Short of competition track racing you will not feel a difference.
It isn't a rumor. You're right that the handling decrease might not effect most people too much, but there's a reason why track cars and the like are on coilovers, and not bagged.

Last edited by Grande D; 12-12-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #44
NorthJersey 3er

My Ride: '03 M3 / '72 2002tii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly335 View Post
This forum sucks now
Why Jer? People are still building projects off of the E46 platform, variety is what makes the scene go round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
It isn't a rumor. You're right that the handling decrease might not effect most people too much, but there's a reason why track cars and the like are on coilovers, and not bagged.
Lol when did OP say he was bringing his car to the track or that this was going to be a dedicated track car? I have TC Kline coilovers which people rave about for track use and I don't go to the track

co-founder of
euro techniks

NorthJersey 3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #45
euroslut

My Ride: 2005 aw on cinn
Quote:

Lol, there are many reasons track cars don't run bag setups.

1. Weight
2. Complexity
3. Reliability
4. No need to adjust ride height on a daily basis, its a freakin track car

Not because they don't handle good.

I believe that coilovers do handle better for track use, however to say that bag setups handle terrible, is stupid. The average person wouldn't notice on the track.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #46
HardPark'd TT

My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by euroslut View Post

1. Weight
2. Complexity
3. Reliability
4. No need to adjust ride height on a daily basis, its a freakin track car

I believe that coilovers do handle better for track use, however to say that bag setups handle terrible, is stupid. The average person wouldn't notice on the track.
Exactly. And to be honest for the weekend warrior a bag setup is probably better.

For those interested in how a bag setup performs look up the AirRex Mini Cooper and S2k. They are killing it. It's only a matter of time before we see more bagged cars out there.

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD

Last edited by HardPark'd TT; 12-12-2012 at 06:32 PM.
HardPark'd TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #47
Press22

My Ride: 01 325ci
I wanna bag my car
Press22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #48
Dibaltic

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
mmmm why u no tell me b4
I didn't know you'd want to know otherwise i would of told you!

And thanks everyone, sorry for the wait on additional pictures. I just finished up everything tonight. I only have a couple cell phone pictures for now.

Here is where i put the controller, i can pull it out to use it and if i dont want it to be see i can just tuck it back into the tray and shut it.

Untitled by Dibaltic, on Flickr

Again sorry for the quality, like i said i just got it together
Dibaltic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #49
sj408

My Ride: E46
^^ man that is insane!! so low!!
sj408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #50
trentcdrums

My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibaltic View Post

And thanks everyone, sorry for the wait on additional pictures. I just finished up everything tonight. I only have a couple cell phone pictures for now.

Here is where i put the controller, i can pull it out to use it and if i dont want it to be see i can just tuck it back into the tray and shut it.

What was the cost for the kit?

trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #51
xcar360
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: BMW 318i
subd, subd, subd, subd...
xcar360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #52
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
looks great on the ground, not broken at all.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #53
ChrisRedmon

My Ride: 2002 PY ///M3
Literally laying frame. Likaboss
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL CF Trunk l GTR CF Hood l CSL CF Diffuser l Status Gruppe

ChrisRedmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #54
dano17

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
looks great on the ground, not broken at all.
Who cares if it looks broken to you, looks titties to me...
dano17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #55
Dibaltic

My Ride: 325ci
Untitled
Dibaltic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #56
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
very nice
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #57
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey 3er View Post

Lol when did OP say he was bringing his car to the track or that this was going to be a dedicated track car? I have TC Kline coilovers which people rave about for track use and I don't go to the track
When did I say that he was? People are just spouting fallacies in this thread about how the handling is equivalent, but it isn't. And why do you have TCKs then?

Quote:

Quote:

Never said such a thing. Re-read what I posted, carefully this time.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #58
SVTJimmy

My Ride: 2002 - 330i
Honestly I love it. Plan on doing an airrex setup eventually myself. I doubt the op is too concerned about all the negative comments. Its what he wanted so he did it. That's what I hate about the internet. If the op asked a question I would expect various responses. He didn't, so if you don't like it then there is no need to cause an argument. Look at it, make the best "I'm disgusted" face that you can, and then gtfo and move on to the next post that peaks your interest. No need to post your dissatisfaction and piss people off.
SVTJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #59
FelizPrim3

My Ride: 02 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibaltic View Post

[QUOTE=Dibaltic;14981150]Untitled[/QUOTElove the choice you made. don't i've only had static cars because i couldn't afford bags.
2012 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T R-Spec
Follow me on instagram @Michael_Feliz
FelizPrim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #60
NorthJersey 3er

My Ride: '03 M3 / '72 2002tii
Quote:
When did I say that he was? People are just spouting fallacies in this thread about how the handling is equivalent, but it isn't. And why do you have TCKs then?
Because I wanted a quality product with a proper warranty.

co-founder of
euro techniks

NorthJersey 3er is offline   Reply With Quote