E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #81
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
Exactly. Why should somebody invalidate a contract if it is not in their interest to do so. (take a loss in benefits, wages, etc...)

Some people are talking like the unions should do mgmt a "favor" and re-do the legally binding contract, just because the mgmt can't be profitable under that contract. That is not labor's issue nor is it labor's fault.

Thinking a union should re-do their contract to help mgmt be profitable is as silly as asking somebody to re-fi their house at a higher rate so the bank can be more profitable. "Hey, corporation....you entered into a legally binding contract. Now it sucks to be you....well tough $h!t." Companies will lay people off at the drop of a hat to save a penny on earnings the next qtr and think nothing of it. Then they want labor to "play nice" and help them out and think of the community. Bleep that.
No contracts can be legally "re-done" and I'm unaware why you are regurgitating this.
Like I said earlier, this has nothing to do with the repercussions of a union and right to work laws.

Last edited by Green_Shine; 12-13-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #82
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Thinking like Lair now...
Child...please.

Quote:
Unions should have some consideration and not be greedy grubbing hustlers.
In all seriousness, why?
We have clearly seen that corporations have very little regard and consideration for labor. And that is OK, they are free to do so. But, I don't want to hear the pi$$ing and moaning when the shoe is on the other foot.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Last edited by rdsesq; 12-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #83
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
No contracts can be legally "re-done" and I'm unaware why you are regurgitating this.
Like I said earlier, this has nothing to do with the repercussions of a union and right to work laws.
You are the one who said
Quote:
Unions who demand a grotesque amount of money over the fair market value for a position only leave two options - pass the cost to the consumer, which hurts sales. Or create an inferior product with limited options of production because a company's hands are tied paying over priced labor. Which hurt sales.
If a union can negotiate a contract for labor and mgmt agrees to the deal, that is fair market value.

There is a third option. Don't agree to the union contract. Nobody is putting a gun to the heads of these people and forcing them to sign. It is like NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB owners b!tching about player salaries. You don't think they are worth that much, don't pay that much. Show some self-control.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #84
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Child...please.

In all seriousness, why?
We have clearly seen that corporations have very little regard and consideration for labor. And that is OK, they are free to do so. But, I don't want to hear the pi$$ing and moaning when the shoe is on the other foot.
You weren't supposed to pick apart my statements. They went hand in hand. I should have said: "In the words of Lair...". It wasn't directed towards you. I was trolling like Lair lol.

And old man I'll whoop your ass in living the longest starting from this moment on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
"They". Again with this idea that white people are a singular organism with a single will.

Individuals make choices and take actions. Sometimes their race informs their choices and actions, sometimes it does not.

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 12-13-2012 at 06:56 PM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #85
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Exactly. Why should somebody invalidate a contract if it is not in their interest to do so. (take a loss in benefits, wages, etc...)

Some people are talking like the unions should do mgmt a "favor" and re-do the legally binding contract, just because the mgmt can't be profitable under that contract. That is not labor's issue nor is it labor's fault.

Thinking a union should re-do their contract to help mgmt be profitable is as silly as asking somebody to re-fi their house at a higher rate so the bank can be more profitable. "Hey, corporation....you entered into a legally binding contract. Now it sucks to be you....well tough $h!t." Companies will lay people off at the drop of a hat to save a penny on earnings the next qtr and think nothing of it. Then they want labor to "play nice" and help them out and think of the community. Bleep that.
Staggering, isn't it?

Congratulations.
Lair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #86
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Staggering, isn't it?
Do you always just agree or do you have your own opinion? You are the definition of a political sheep if it ever did exist.

Quote:
"They". Again with this idea that white people are a singular organism with a single will.

Individuals make choices and take actions. Sometimes their race informs their choices and actions, sometimes it does not.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #87
Lair
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Do you always just agree or do you have your own opinion? You are the definition of a political sheep if it ever did exist.
You republicans are having a tough week, eh?

Congratulations.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #88
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Nicely put
Quote:

Nice. So you work for GM?
Quote:
Maybe
Do you work for GM ?
What do they have for engineers in Williamsburg, VA ?
Do you work at the Pottery shop or do you work in Colonial Williamsburg driving a horse drawn carriage ?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #89
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
Do you work for GM ?
What do they have for engineers in Williamsburg, VA ?
Do you work at the Pottery shop or do you work in Colonial Williamsburg driving a horse drawn carriage ?
I actually work as a 17th century reenactor blacksmith making fasteners and rivets for GM right here in WB. Carriages are out cars are in.

Quote:

Old 12-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #90
Green_Shine

Quote:
You are the one who said

If a union can negotiate a contract for labor and mgmt agrees to the deal, that is fair market value.

There is a third option. Don't agree to the union contract. Nobody is putting a gun to the heads of these people and forcing them to sign. It is like NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB owners b!tching about player salaries. You don't think they are worth that much, don't pay that much. Show some self-control.

I never once mentioned breaking a contract.

It's not as simple as someone like GM not signing a union contract, there are thousands of people who are in the union and production must continue. When it is time for contract renewals the unions simply demand more and more regardless of corporate profits, any resistance is played down to the union members from the union reps as corporate greed and thus the hate towards the corperation continues. Unions threat to halt production with a collective strike which leaves a company no choice but to meet the demands. It literally is mob mentality with no regard for the corperation. GM going bankrupt was the best thing that happened to them, it allowed them to wash off their ridiculous union contracts.

Are the laborers of a union important to a corperation? Absolutely but when the threshold of their demands cross the threshold of their competition and market value is exceeded profits will diminish. The cycle continues even as these employees retire. If could maintain a happy medium, everything would work out smoothly.

RTW gives the employee the ability to not pay a single dime to the union through union dues or 95% costs of dues known as an agency fee. All costs are voided, it allows the employee to freely continue to work as union members strike. My wife is a teacher and a lot of her coworkers are already talking about not paying dues. They are p!ssed at the union heads making 6+ figures.

Quote:
Staggering, isn't it?
You cherry pick who and what to quote so it fulfills your brainless rhetoric. You provide no intellictual substance what so ever to a conversation. I can understand why troll a internet forum, your old ass would get a hip broken in the real world.

Last edited by Green_Shine; 12-14-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #91
Lair
Modded ///Member

Quote:

You cherry pick who and what to quote so it fulfills your brainless rhetoric. You provide no intellictual substance what so ever to a conversation. I can understand why troll a internet forum, your old ass would get a hip broken in the real world.

Yeah, the real world is whipping my ass.

Don't fault me for playing to my audience. I learned long ago that little punks like you will have to figure it out for yourselves - and I spend an appropriate amount of time and effort trying to help you.

Congratulations.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #92
bimmerfan08

Quote:

Don't fault me for playing to my audience. I learned long ago that little punks like you will have to figure it out for yourselves - and I spend an appropriate amount of time and effort trying to help you.
I'm happy with my life so far at the young age I am. I'm fortunate to have come from very little and have more than most my age.

What are you trying to prove?

Quote:

Old 12-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #93
Green_Shine

Quote:

You speak of the wisdom which comes with age but display none of your own.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #94
Lair
Modded ///Member

You're right. I haven't learned a goddamned thing after watching republicans fvck up the planet every time they gain power.

Congratulations.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #95
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63
Quote:

Quote:
You're right. I haven't learned a goddamned thing after watching republicans fvck up the planet every time they gain power.
i think there won't be a better example from Lair than this one.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #96
sfcjetjr

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
My father worked in the steel industry which feed the auto makers. His plant was unionized. I can't even begin to count how many times they were on strike in support of the UAW. He finally gave up being in the union because he wanted to work. The plant finally closed because auto manufactures started buying from overseas. So where did a union get him after 30 plus years with the same company? Jobless!!! Every person hired, regardless of job title should have their own individually constructed contract. Year to year. Subject to annual reviews and performance. Right person for the job!

Last edited by sfcjetjr; 12-28-2012 at 06:18 PM.
sfcjetjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #97
sfcjetjr

Every business man or woman who put their hat in the ring for president, has been put out. Perot, Cain, Romney, just to name a few since I became able to vote.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #98
sfcjetjr

Now look same jerk in office and problems keep growing.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #99
Lair
Modded ///Member

What's the record for replying to oneself in a thread?

Congratulations.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #100
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
I thik is soo funny that most of the dems are about freedom of choice, but when it comes to mandatory union member ship they feel you should not get that choice.
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote