E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #61
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
never had a problem with apple maps.
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #62
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Hmm iOS 5 sucks brah

If u want more options go with the sg3

Android IMO surpassed iOS in functionality but the apps still need work

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #63
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxual328ci View Post
I have to LOL at the negative iPhone comments. Its like those who bash something that they don't own. Or realize everything is not for you. I was having a talk with an IT guy and he didn't know all the stuff that come with an iPhone. Sure you can do some things on an Samsung or any droid, but if you list everything you will find that the iPhone does more.

As for the call quality... this goes back to the cell phone companies. Any Apple user or person that really works on computers knows that Apple has had a long history with Verizon and AT&T and Comcast with their wi-fi connection. Its a simple fix in which the cable and mobile companies refuse to change. Sad but true.

back to the OP. Pick the one that has the features you like to use. I use the iPhone because it's the only phone that works with my recording software and my camera software. Oh and the only phone which I can retrieve my Mac mail nicely. Oh and with the Apple TV ..gaming is BIGGER!
Actually I know many of us here who are saying sg3 and have the iPhone 5 including myself.

Dude put down the Koolaid - iOS 5 sucks balls

And your Apple TV sucks too. Very limiting. Still no apps. Mirroring is the only thing useful.

Quote:
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Old 12-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #64
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
iOS 6 does not suck. It's fine. Stop being so picky. Never had a problem with apple maps. Guess it's just how much you want to whine about the features you REALLLY don't use.

So the maps show terrain all effed up in some place in BFE where you will NEVER travel to?? Who cares? I have yet to be mislead by maps OR notice any missing/messed up terrain where I travel.

I'm not saying the S3 is not a great phone... I'm just saying the more practical and simple device that will hold it's value WAYYYY longer than the S3, is the iPhone 5.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 12-12-2012 at 12:16 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #65
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
They are both good phones. Both will make it through the day on the battery.
Google any comparison review and you'll learn more than you want to know about.
I like things fast, slick and simple so iP5 is a clear choice for me.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #66
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Actually I know many of us here who are saying sg3 and have the iPhone 5 including myself.

Dude put down the Koolaid - iOS 5 sucks balls

And your Apple TV sucks too. Very limiting. Still no apps. Mirroring is the only thing useful.
It's iOS6. It doesn't suck balls either.

And I believe you're the only iPhone 5 user who said GS3. So go buy one.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #67
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I am going to give the Android OS the nod as far as the app stores are concerned.
I think the new screen resolution is slowing down the Apple app store lately. Seems like a lot of apps are slow to update to fit. (black bars on ip5)

Meanwhile, this is something Android has had to deal with since day 1, so it's not as big of an issue. As far as phone apps, the play store has caught up in number. (and for tablet apps, it's moving up pretty rapidly. Now that they've got multiple user accounts I've been using my gf's Nexus 7 a lot more.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App

Last edited by jeffro3000; 12-12-2012 at 10:24 AM.
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #68
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
iPhone owner : iOS is fine and does what I need it to
android owner : iOS sucks donkey balls and you're a sheep for thinking otherwise

android owner in another thread : why are iphone owners so damn sensitive and why are they so high on the hill thinking their phone is the ****?

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #69
Born Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post

Lol sensitive much?

I speak for the majority whom are tired of iOS

Apple knows this too.

That's why they fired their head iOS designer.

iOS 5=iOS 6

Oh you use passport? Downgrade in maps?

Please bro

You are so having too much Koolaid.

Btw I've had iPhones from the beginning plus jail breaking since the beginning so I'm more familiar than u will be on the limitations of iOS.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #70
Grande D

And for the record I wouldn't think twice about buying a One X+.

I might even buy a Nexus 4. I might buy a Lumia 920.

But I simply would not buy anything Samsung makes. Samsung's build quality is a notable step down from most other brands.
Quote:

Btw I've had iPhones from the beginning plus jail breaking since the beginning so I'm more familiar than u will be on the limitations of iOS.
No you aren't. You have proven time and time again that you are not intelligent. I've had them since the beginning too. I used to jailbreak.

There are some disappointed with iOS. But this majority that you speak of is a figment of your imagination.

Last edited by Grande D; 12-12-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #71
Born Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
iPhone owner : iOS is fine and does what I need it to
android owner : iOS sucks donkey balls and you're a sheep for thinking otherwise

android owner in another thread : why are iphone owners so damn sensitive and why are they so high on the hill thinking their phone is the ****?
Remember when I had the original iPhone and u had the n95?

Your phone did much more and u hated the iPhone.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #72
Born Again

Quote:
And for the record I wouldn't think twice about buying a One X+.

I might even buy a Nexus 4. I might buy a Lumia 920.

But I simply would not buy anything Samsung makes. Samsung's build quality is a notable step down from most other brands.

No you aren't. You have proven time and time again that you are not intelligent. I've had them since the beginning too. I used to jailbreak.

There are some disappointed with iOS. But this majority that you speak of is a figment of your imagination.
You seriously are so sensitive over your precious.

I mean your iPhone.

Of course you didn't see the advantages of bitesms or intelliscreenx

You are blind & simple minded my good friend.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #73
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Remember when I had the original iPhone and u had the n95?

Your phone did much more and u hated the iPhone.
Hate towards the iPhone cult in the early days was somewhat merited. The only bragging right of the iphone was the operating system... in terms of tech specs, it was a solid year or two behind the leading smartphone providers. Today, things have changed.

When you look over the "technical advantages" of the android phone, they are pretty worthless features. So you end up having a discussion primarily revolving around "locked iOS" v android open source... and naturally the more tech savvy will favor the latter while the simpletons of the world will stick with the iPhone.

I likely won't jailbreak my 5 when they develop one.. simply because I don't care enough to deal with it. Would rather just acecpt what the phone does and go from there. Don't need to encrypt the nuclear football on my phone and shoot lasers out of it to kill dr. evil. I just want it to make calls, check email, and browse p0rn in peace LMAO

N95 is god.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #74
Grande D

Quote:
You seriously are so sensitive over your precious.

I mean your iPhone.

Of course you didn't see the advantages of bitesms or intelliscreenx

You are blind & simple minded my good friend.
Did you read the top half of my post? I listed a few options I'd be fairly happy to have as an iPhone alternative. None of them offer any clear enough advantages to warrant a switch, as Chase mentioned.

I can barely fathom why the GS3 is held in such high regard though. There are many better phones available in the Android world.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #75
Born Again

Quote:

You still need to respond here.

If apple maps and iOS 6 were so good like you say why would apple - bigger and smarter than you decide to fire their head manager and their head iOS guru who was there since inception?

Must be so good they fire people.

Basically you don't know what you are talking about.

Thank god fanboys don't run the company or we'd still be on iPhone 1.

I F'ing hate apple apologists..

Quote:

Last edited by Born Again; 12-12-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #76
Grande D

Quote:
You still need to respond here.

If apple maps and iOS 6 were so good like you say why would apple - bigger and smarter than you decide to fire their head manager and their head iOS guru who was there since inception?

Must be so good they fire people.

Basically you don't know what you are talking about.

Thank god fanboys don't run the company or we'd still be on iPhone 1.

I F'ing hate apple apologists..
Apple made a mistake releasing maps too soon. Forstall would not fall into line behind the team leader (Cook) and just sign the damn apology letter. In a big, powerful company like Apple you need all of your ducks in a row, and you need consistency. And that was symbolic of the divide that Forstall caused with other top Apple executives. He had to go pertaining to iOS6 related things. But his refusal to sign the letter was the straw that broke the camels back, not iOS6 itself.

Who knows nothing now? You don't respond to half of my points either.

I'm done with you.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #77
DaN_the_MaN

My Ride: 2011 GTR
If your going to get the S3, just wait for the Nexus 4. Quad Core with 4G(S3 runs Dual Core on Verizon/AT&T) and no contract needed to purchase the phone .

http://www.google.com/nexus/4/

Last edited by DaN_the_MaN; 12-12-2012 at 10:52 AM.
DaN_the_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #78
Grande D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaN_the_MaN View Post
If your going to get the S3, just wait for the Nexus 4.

http://www.google.com/nexus/4/
Doesn't have LTE, and has paltry storage capacity. Why not the RAZR Maxx HD or One X+?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #79
Grande D

And OP, regarding your intial question, here are two graphs of battery life tests:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6330/t...ne-5-review/13

Last edited by Grande D; 12-12-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #80
Born Again

Quote:
Did you read the top half of my post? I listed a few options I'd be fairly happy to have as an iPhone alternative. None of them offer any clear enough advantages to warrant a switch, as Chase mentioned.

I can barely fathom why the GS3 is held in such high regard though. There are many better phones available in the Android world.
About the sg3 why is an alternate choice wrong here?

Ask friends with sg3s and they're happy.

Hardware wise I'd agree the iPhone is prettier and more robust but functionality is another issue which I find so limiting about the iPhone.

Look at your phone.

You don't know what is going on just at the lock screen

What emails did u get?

SMS message waiting?

Facebook message?

Notifications are still a huge weakness. They're intrusive.

Android tells you more.

Microsoft has it down even better.

Let's hope iOS 7 fixes these issues.

Quote: