E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

View Poll Results: should firearms be banned/regulated?
Yes 11 6.51%
Fvck No 100 59.17%
There should be more regulations but not taken away completely 36 21.30%
I dont care 4 2.37%
I agree with JonJon 18 10.65%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #261
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Okay - many people own hand guns which will never get banned.

Are u suggesting I need an assault rifle to protect myself?
You should be free to choose to protect yourself with whatever you like, an axe, an AR15, or an opinion. The beauty of freedom.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #262
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
of course you dont, a basic semi automatic rifle would do just fine.
Great answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #263
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
You should be free to choose to protect yourself with whatever you like, an axe, an AR15, or an opinion. The beauty of freedom.
Okay - btw I've shot an ar15 in Vegas with a red dot sight.

While the gun was insanely easy to operate and very little kick I don't see real world practicality.

Do people have these ready to go under their bed?

Hand gun - sure.

Btw say someone is in your house taking your Xbox 360 and you tell him to drop it and he won't . He doesn't have a weapon just taking your beloved Xbox.

Can you shoot him within law?

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #264
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:

Btw say someone is in your house taking your Xbox 360 and you tell him to drop it and he won't . He doesn't have a weapon just taking your beloved Xbox.

Depends, does your state have castle doctrine or not? If so, you can can use deadly force within the law.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #265
andrewrossnagel

Quote:

depends on the state law. in texas you can shoot someone robbing your neighbors house.
andrewrossnagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #266
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:

While the gun was insanely easy to operate and very little kick I don't see real world practicality.

Hand gun - sure.

yep. I'll never see my gun again, and will likely spend a night in holding but California's castle law is pretty solid.

As long as there is evidence of forced entry

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #267
andrewrossnagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
yep. I'll never see my gun again, and will likely spend a night in holding but California's castle law is pretty solid.

why??evidence? wouldnt that be returned when the case goes to court?
andrewrossnagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #268
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Depends, does your state have castle doctrine or not? If so, you can can use deadly force within the law.
That's a broad brush...
Every state is different, and very few justify DF for property

Just because you CAN and would be justified to the letter of the law doesn't mean the justice system and some hippy jurors won't put you behind bars for life.

My mentality is to learn, understand and comprehend the law.
That's being said, I don't learn what's legal and then do that.
Frankly, I don't care what the law says in regards to self defense. If I feel I need to use it, I will if its the last and most appropriate option at the time.
If the law agrees with me, cool.

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-17-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #269
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside213 View Post
I also think that people get hung up on the word "assault." Its a rifle yes, but I think many would not make such a big deal if it wasn't called an assault rifle.
But they're not called assault rifles. The only ones calling AR-15's "assault rifles" are the media and the "thing that goes up" politicians. When was a true assault rifle last used in a shooting? The only one that comes to mind was that North Hollywood bank robbery 15 years ago - and those were illegally modified AK's - they weren't even real assault rifles.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #270
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
What does the average person need a semi auto rifle for? Bolt action sure, But when people around here go hunting the take along THREE bullets thats it, and i live in farm areas where you need to shoot coyetes ect on a daily basis and yet no one i know owns or needs any kind of Semi auto rifle, Explain to me why you would need a Semi auto rifle or Pistol, For protection? Please ive never been in a situation where i have needed a Gun of any sorts to protect myself

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here

Last edited by E46330iguy; 12-17-2012 at 06:59 PM.
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #271
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
But they're not called assault rifles. The only ones calling AR-15's "assault rifles" are the media and the "thing that goes up" politicians. When was a true assault rifle last used in a shooting? The only one that comes to mind was that North Hollywood bank robbery 15 years ago - and those were illegally modified AK's - they weren't even real assault rifles.
If memory serves me correctly... Only 2 people have ever been killed by a true assault weapon. 1 of the murders was committed by an out of control cop

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-17-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #272
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrossnagel View Post
depends on the state law. in texas you can shoot someone robbing your neighbors house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
That's a broad brush...
Every state is different, and very few justify DF for property

Just because you CAN and would be justified to the letter of the law doesn't mean the justice system and some hippy jurors won't put you behind bars for life.

My mentality is to learn, understand and comprehend the law.
That's being said, I don't learn what's legal and then do that.
Frankly, I don't care what the law says in regards to self defense. If I feel I need to use it, I will if its the last and most appropriate option at the time.
If the law agrees with me, cool.
bro why you such a bad a$$? jk

okay so an assault weapons ban is an infringement to general gun rights.

So there is no compromise on this issue?

again where were you on the patriot act? where were all of you guys?

that's infringement on our rights IMO way more important than just assault weapons.

either way the constitution is ever evolving. Disagree? women weren't even able to vote at some point.

again nobody will take guns away.

I'll stand by my original statement. we need more sex. sex on tv etc. people are too conservative.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #273
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
You know my views about guns. I am wondering if anyone here can defend the idea of citizens being about to buy and possess assault rifles in light of the latest in an unending string of tragedies involving firearms?
Im sure its been pointed out before but assault rifles are never used in crimes. They are already regulated by the NFA laws and are very very expensive. The cheapest POS machinegun will cost about $4k right now, a assault rifle will cost a minimum of $14k and up... They are very costly and require a shitload of paperwork and background checks.

I own a couple of machine guns, I own beltfeds, I've got enough firepower to stock a pretty good sized militia unit. Do you know why I do this? Why I NEED these things????

Cause they make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Fact is its my right.... With out my guns I'm just as weak as you are, one step away from being rounded up and thrown in to a camp.

Gun owners, vs liberals..... It'd be the worlds shortest civil war
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #274
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46330iguy View Post
What does the average person need a semi auto rifle for? Bolt action sure, But when people around here go hunting the take along THREE bullets thats it, and i live in farm areas where you need to shoot coyetes ect on a daily basis and yet no one i know owns or needs any kind of Semi auto rifle, Explain to me why you would need a Semi auto rifle or Pistol, For protection? Please ive never been in a situation where i have needed a Gun of any sorts to protect myself
Why does your car need a supercharger? Where I live the speed limit is 65 and my NA 325i gets to that speed just fine. Explain to me why you need a supercharged 330i? Please, I've never been in a situation where I have needed more than 184 hp

(protip cars kill more than guns )

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #275
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46330iguy View Post
By your reasoning, I should go around telling people they don't need airbags in their cars since I've never had a situation where I've needed mine.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #276
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:

Hand gun - sure.

I don't own an AR because I don't have a safe large enough to store it (I have a child) and I don't have the room for a large safe. I personally don't need it, and might not get it. I'd spend the money on car parts or a watch instead. However, some people like it, for their hobby or whatever reason. I don't see a problem with someone owning it.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #277
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:

Hand gun - sure.

Depends on many factors which can't really be discussed here.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #278
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Quote:

Hand gun - sure.

Yes, we do keep them ready but under the bed takes to long.

As for killing somebody over a xbox, depends on the state your in...In states that have the castle doctern then yes....you can stand your ground. Probably be best if they get found with a pistol or something next to the body though.

You have to ask yourself, if somebody breaks in tonight....what are you going to do? Will you be able to fight him until the threat stops? That may even include killing him with your bare hands. He may be smaller, he may be a kick boxer for all you know....You may get your scrawney ass dragged down to the street and made to bite the curb. You dont know who will break in, when, or what type of weapons that they will have. It's best to have a equalizer at your disposal even if you never have to use it.

This world's not easy, You may have to make difficult choices....I dont want to but someday I may have to take a life. I will tell you, with my last dieing breath I will defend my home and family. I'll take every advantage I can when it comes to a potential threat.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #279
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
Im sure its been pointed out before but assault rifles are never used in crimes. They are already regulated by the NFA laws and are very very expensive. The cheapest POS machinegun will cost about $4k right now, a assault rifle will cost a minimum of $14k and up... They are very costly and require a shitload of paperwork and background checks.

I own a couple of machine guns, I own beltfeds, I've got enough firepower to stock a pretty good sized militia unit. Do you know why I do this? Why I NEED these things????

Cause they make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Fact is its my right.... With out my guns I'm just as weak as you are, one step away from being rounded up and thrown in to a camp.

Gun owners, vs liberals..... It'd be the worlds shortest civil war
Damn, that MKII silenced.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #280
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
By your reasoning, I should go around telling people they don't need airbags in their cars since I've never had a situation where I've needed mine.
They arent in the same world here since we are talking about something designed to hurt you vs a safety device

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote