E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

View Poll Results: should firearms be banned/regulated?
Yes 11 6.51%
Fvck No 100 59.17%
There should be more regulations but not taken away completely 36 21.30%
I dont care 4 2.37%
I agree with JonJon 18 10.65%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #841
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
that's cool - dude leica is purty hardware let alone that leica look

if i got a gun it would have a few mods but buying out of budget because there is a potential ban i think that's just fear based purchasing.

you may have never intended on buying it but now you did lol

think about the interest you'll pay etc - don't get what you can't afford.

IMHO right now's the time to buy. Even if you dont need or want one of these rifles its going to be worth ALOT more in the future.

Look at the NFA items. Before 86 you could buy a sten for $295, BUILD one for $80...... Now there what? $4000+

It wont be long before your basic AR is $2000+
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #842
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
ARs are kewl - super kewl

but that's like me buying a PRS custom with dragon inlay - it's overkill - i just want a good sounding electric guitar with a sweet tone.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #843
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:

but that's like me buying a PRS custom with dragon inlay - it's overkill - i just want a good sounding electric guitar with a sweet tone.
Why is it overkill when I have a semi-auto hunting rifle that shoots much more powerful rounds?

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #844
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:

Just buy a guy already and join the ranks of satisfied happy American firearms owners.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #845
tailo

Quote:

You dont understand that the same AR is going to be double the cost in a month or so?

Buy the damn gun, sell it in a month and buy two friggin guitars
Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #846
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
You dont understand that the same AR is going to be double the cost in a month or so?

In the case of a PRS custom he's talking about, he'd need to invest in a few ARs.

Sapphire Black MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #847
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Just buy a guy already and join the ranks of satisfied happy American firearms owners.
i have friends guns to use at the firing range. but man i'd get to get the gun bug like u guys lol - jj must have quite the collection.

Quote:

how much does an AR go for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
In the case of a PRS custom he's talking about, he'd need to invest in a few ARs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Why is it overkill when I have a semi-auto hunting rifle that shoots much more powerful rounds?
shooting an AR takes very little skill with a sight - i know because i have very little skill hah and i was able to nail distant targets with hits clustered together - it's amazing how little to no kick you get.

im not familiar with a hunting rifle - does that big kick ?

Quote:
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Old 12-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #848
tailo

Depends on the gun, the markets funny right now but if you hurry you MAY still find one for about 1k on the low side, they run up to 25k for factory RR guns, alittle less for AR conversions, NFA asside until last week you could get a entry level gun for 1k.

The markets going up and its not going to drop next week. IF you can find somebody to sell for a decent price you wont loose money any time soon. Wait until the panic buying really cranks up when congress is in session, its hard to tell where prices will be then.

On one hand, I could flip all my useless junk in a couple weeks and make bank. I could probably afford that FA RR I've been wanting. Although.... part of me wants to hold on to my future ban stuff just to see where it goes....choices choices.

Dont know or care if your trolling, all I know is this little stunt is going to make me about of $$$. The only things I really care about are some of the harder to find high cap mags.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #849
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea6speed View Post
Fine print like DC has a 40% illiteracy rate, re-elects crackheads and isn't a good demographic representation of the rest of the country. Let's use it to model behavior for everyone regardless.
What's connecticut's literacy rate since the inception of their AWB?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #850
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
AOG - Great article earlier. Worth the read. Link?
Right at the top, here you go

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-massacre.html

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #851
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
I fear nobody. I don't care if they have a gun or a machine gun....as long as my wife is with me. She will fvck him up. Motherfvcker has no idea what he would be messing with. Tailo, with all your guns she would pulp you. The b1tch is cruel.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #852
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

My Ride: 2006 GTI
Anyone watching Piers Morgan tonight? If I was in the audience I would slap that moron.
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #853
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
Anyone watching Piers Morgan tonight? If I was in the audience I would slap that moron.
I don't have time for any of his bullsh1t

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:44 AM   #854
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Ah didn't know you two got them together haha
I try to help my buddy Adam out since Maryland doesn't like large capacity mags. And Virginia does. whenever I see them I pick some up.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:38 AM   #855
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
That was a really good read.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:02 AM   #856
SB_RavenE46

My Ride: 330CI ,06 R6, S1000
Send a message via Yahoo to SB_RavenE46
The term assualt rifle has been loosly used i think , an assualt rifle is what our military soliders use, fully built , fully automatic weapons , Americans who know nothing about guns will call any " scary or intimidating" looking weapon an assualt rifle. You can simply change or add a suppressor, stock , barrel, or hand grip and make any gun a quote un quote "assault rifle". Technically yes we can own fully automatic assualt rifles with a sh** ton of paper work on top of lots of money , taxes and fees as some of us know already. People have rifles for diffrent reasons the ar just so happens to be a well built gun thats easy to shoot and great for target shooting... AR is getting so much attention because of political 'Pitty"...
Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #857
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
You're all safe from "tyrannical government", but how are you going to protect your kids from a guy like Lanza?

Do they make baby 9's for your babies?

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #858
Born Again

Quote:
Depends on the gun, the markets funny right now but if you hurry you MAY still find one for about 1k on the low side, they run up to 25k for factory RR guns, alittle less for AR conversions, NFA asside until last week you could get a entry level gun for 1k.

The markets going up and its not going to drop next week. IF you can find somebody to sell for a decent price you wont loose money any time soon. Wait until the panic buying really cranks up when congress is in session, its hard to tell where prices will be then.

On one hand, I could flip all my useless junk in a couple weeks and make bank. I could probably afford that FA RR I've been wanting. Although.... part of me wants to hold on to my future ban stuff just to see where it goes....choices choices.

Dont know or care if your trolling, all I know is this little stunt is going to make me about of $$$. The only things I really care about are some of the harder to find high cap mags.
No just curious.

I'd take advantage of the gun buyers too and make profit.

Panic= $$$

Quote:
Old 12-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #859
Born Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
You're all safe from "tyrannical government", but how are you going to protect your kids from a guy like Lanza?

Bro your preaching to the F'ing to normal people like ourselves.

Gun people are going nuts for more guns

Other side is letting passion overtake reason.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #860
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post

Hire out of work ex-military to police the school.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote