E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

View Poll Results: should firearms be banned/regulated?
Yes 11 6.51%
Fvck No 100 59.17%
There should be more regulations but not taken away completely 36 21.30%
I dont care 4 2.37%
I agree with JonJon 18 10.65%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #861
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
You're all safe from "tyrannical government", ?
We are as long as we are not disarmed. Even with a ban... there will still be millions of guns and owners. I agree. It all happens in baby steps though.

Immediate change for the worse is a possible inability for me to carry more than 10 rounds, 8 rounds maybe 3 rounds... That directly and immediately affects my ability to protect myself and is retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
how are you going to protect your kids from a guy like Lanza?
You keep missing the answer. We will NEVER, no matter what we do, EVER be able to stop them 100%. We can reduce it by arming people. Even if you could say "John, we pass this law and no one ever can shoot up a school again, but it involves major removal of your rights". IE: Mandatory strip searches, producing ID for no reason, interrogations, etc. I'd say no every time

If you remove the emotion from this incident (don't worry... youll still be human)... from a numbers, danger and frequency standpoint...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-20-2012 at 09:38 AM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #862
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Bro your preaching to the F'ing to normal people like ourselves.

Gun people are going nuts for more guns

Other side is letting passion overtake reason.
Can we get that in English please?

Also, gun people are not "going nuts" over guns. Based off of the previous ban, we are likely to have to deal with a grandfathering rule, and thus purchasing what is out there now, will allow us to keep what we own after the law passes, whatever it is that Biden and his crew come up with.

where was all the outrage for the kids killed in gang violence? Where were you protesting guns and violence when inner city children get shot? Is it only important we save the white ones, or should we be upset when other races kids are gunned down? I understand that you look at the most popular and horrific situation and base your decisions off of that, but far more young children are killed each year because of gang violence and other activities than school shootings. I just find it odd that these gang members and drug dealers have weapons at all, I mean they can't all be model citizens right?

I wish for once the anti-gun lobby would listen to what is being said by everyone. We get it, teachers won't arm themselves, and it'll cost a lot of money to place security guards at schools, but is that too far out of the ordinary? Celebrities and other agencies have security, why not our children?

I just think the level of hypocrisy in this argument from the anti gun people is hilarious. You don't cry for inner city children, you don't ask for guns to be banned when they die, you think having security at schools is too much money to worry about, but you are willing to pay for abortions and healthcare out of your tax dollars. More than half of the idiots righting this new legislation don't even understand the terminology of the things they would like to ban. Shouldn't they actually know what they want to ban, before deciding to ban it?

It's like saying no car can go faster than 75mph on the roads, and then banning 18" or larger wheels because that is what allows a car to do it. Retarded.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #863
JQuick5156

My Ride: 2004 330 Coupe
Gun Control

Last edited by JQuick5156; 12-20-2012 at 01:43 PM.
JQuick5156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #864
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
We are as long as we are not disarmed. Even with a ban... there will still be millions of guns and owners. I agree. It all happens in baby steps though.

Immediate change for the worse is a possible inability for me to carry more than 10 rounds, 8 rounds maybe 3 rounds... That directly and immediately affects my ability to protect myself and is retarded.

You keep missing the answer. We will NEVER, no matter what we do, EVER be able to stop them 100%. We can reduce it by arming people. Even if you could say "John, we pass this law and no one ever can shoot up a school again, but it involves major removal of your rights". IE: Mandatory strip searches, producing ID for no reason, interrogations, etc. I'd say no every time

If you remove the emotion from this incident (don't worry... youll still be human)... from a numbers, danger and frequency standpoint...
It's a tough situation for sure. I can understand why the parents of the world are in a full-scale panic. They want something done, and they want it now.

I've only seen one suggestion that has any merit - stop making these murderers famous. Even Chase agrees with that one.

Armed security is not a bad idea at this point, but is that the tipping point that would make tax-hating gun owners snap and start shooting up the place? Seems like every possible solution will cost money, and I really don't want to hear more whining about taxes.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #865
xxcosmicxx
The OG Black Roof

My Ride: Long Gone
orly?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #866
Gottalovethexi

My Ride: 03 xi & 72 Bav
Send a message via AIM to Gottalovethexi
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #867
JQuick5156

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcosmicxx View Post
orly?
:-/
Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #868
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
Can we get that in English please?

Also, gun people are not "going nuts" over guns. Based off of the previous ban, we are likely to have to deal with a grandfathering rule, and thus purchasing what is out there now, will allow us to keep what we own after the law passes, whatever it is that Biden and his crew come up with.

where was all the outrage for the kids killed in gang violence? Where were you protesting guns and violence when inner city children get shot? Is it only important we save the white ones, or should we be upset when other races kids are gunned down? I understand that you look at the most popular and horrific situation and base your decisions off of that, but far more young children are killed each year because of gang violence and other activities than school shootings. I just find it odd that these gang members and drug dealers have weapons at all, I mean they can't all be model citizens right?

I wish for once the anti-gun lobby would listen to what is being said by everyone. We get it, teachers won't arm themselves, and it'll cost a lot of money to place security guards at schools, but is that too far out of the ordinary? Celebrities and other agencies have security, why not our children?

I just think the level of hypocrisy in this argument from the anti gun people is hilarious. You don't cry for inner city children, you don't ask for guns to be banned when they die, you think having security at schools is too much money to worry about, but you are willing to pay for abortions and healthcare out of your tax dollars. More than half of the idiots righting this new legislation don't even understand the terminology of the things they would like to ban. Shouldn't they actually know what they want to ban, before deciding to ban it?

It's like saying no car can go faster than 75mph on the roads, and then banning 18" or larger wheels because that is what allows a car to do it. Retarded.
Bro i am outraged at you. Youre talking in extremes.

i am not an anti gun person nor is most of america.

Be reasonable. The current status of violence inherent in American culture needs to change.

An assault ban may not be an answer but to say to solve it is to arm more people is ridiculous and laughable.

Times are changing so you're either with us normies or living in the past.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #869
oie77

My Ride: wamta
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I guess a healthy amount of paranoia is a good thing when it comes to maintaining our liberties. (although I cant remember the pro-gun groups really leading the opposition to Bush-era wire taps, etc).

But I wonder JJ, did you ever stop to think that the extreme paranoia about government tyranny is being fueled (at least a little) by the very gun lobby that benefits from people's hoarding of weapons, all under the guise of "protecting the 2nd A" ? I mean what are you and your gun buddies going to do against the U.S. government/Army/Navy/AF/Marines/NG if it ever came to it?
oie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #870
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuick5156 View Post
So I'm currently sitting in my classroom
aaaaaaaaaand nobody gives a shit about what you have to say.

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #871
Gus330vrum

My Ride: 330ci
Gun control is just a path if the govt falls and turn against us citizens we will not be able protect or selfs ...

The govt is trying set us up!

no gun control!!

You cant stop criminals from buying guns because in this world everything has a PRICE that if payed for you can own it.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Bimmer App
Gus330vrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #872
JQuick5156

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
aaaaaaaaaand nobody gives a shit about what you have to say.
Oh?

Last edited by JQuick5156; 12-20-2012 at 01:43 PM.
JQuick5156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #873
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oie77 View Post
I guess a healthy amount of paranoia is a good thing when it comes to maintaining our liberties. (although I cant remember the pro-gun groups really leading the opposition to Bush-era wire taps, etc).

But I wonder JJ, did you ever stop to think that the extreme paranoia about government tyranny is being fueled (at least a little) by the very gun lobby that benefits from people's hoarding of weapons, all under the guise of "protecting the 2nd A" ? I mean what are you and your gun buddies going to do against the U.S. government/Army/Navy/AF/Marines/NG if it ever came to it?
This.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #874
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:

all you have to do is look at history, it is not unfounded paranoia. I understand you can't fathom it happening here, but things occur incrementally and we've been an armed populace since day 1.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #875
bigugly

My Ride: things that go fast.
Quote:
I mean what are you and your gun buddies going to do against the U.S. government/Army/Navy/AF/Marines/NG if it ever came to it?
i bet the british thought the same thing, the first time this came around.

the only thing I can't fix is broken hearts.
https://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
I want to be your BMW products' authorized installation center in Houston.
bigugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #876
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Bro your preaching to the F'ing to normal people like ourselves.

Gun people are going nuts for more guns

Other side is letting passion overtake reason.
you just referred to you and Lair as normal people. That might be the funniest thing ever posted here do you not read polls?

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."

Last edited by Act of God; 12-20-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #877
oie77

My Ride: wamta
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigugly View Post
i bet the british thought the same thing, the first time this came around.

Come on... You do know that back then, the difference between a private militia/revolutionary army and the tyranical gov. was very very minimal. I mean everybody was playing on a level, musket-armed, playing field.

Do you really think your semi auto ar/ak or 308 deer rifle is going to match up to the U.S. army's c130 gunship or a tactical airstrike if it ever came to that??

Not to mention, there are democracies much older than the U.S, with very strict gun laws that are still in existence. I mean, some people around here make it sound like America is the only Democracy in the world and the only thing stopping it from becoming N. Korea is the proliferation of guns being fueled by the NRA...Please.
oie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #878
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Come on... You do know that back then, the difference between a private militia/revolutionary army and the tyranical gov. was very very minimal. I mean everybody was playing on a level, musket-armed, playing field.

Do you really think your semi auto ar/ak or 308 deer rifle is going to match up to the U.S. army's c130 gunship or a tactical airstrike if it ever came to that??

Not to mention, there are democracies much older than the U.S, with very strict gun laws that are still in existence. I mean, some people around here make it sound like America is the only Democracy in the world and the only thing stopping it from becoming N. Korea is the proliferation of guns being fueled by the NRA...Please.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #879
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:

I've said it before...united, gun enthusiasts and those who would take up arms outnumber the 5 services branches 5-1 at least. The warfare would be insurgent style and fhe government would have the same problems they"ve had in the ME. You'd be surprised at how effective an armed populace can be, all other c130s etc. be damned. I think a group would stand a pretty damn good chance and certainly better than if they took the firearms we already have.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #880
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote