E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #21
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Itt: Democrats...greedy grubbing non-negotiable thieves who think it is okay to demand what is not theirs and give nothing in return.
Sick Days - Unlimited
Working Days in 2013 - 159
Accountability for poor performance - None
Healthcare - Top notch

Want to complain about entitlements.....start with Congress.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #22
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
There should be NO tax increases until they are accompanied with real, tangible NOW cuts. Reagan was swindled by the democrats on this already, fool me twice...
Reagan was an idiot.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #23
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Reagan was an idiot.
Takes one to know one
Sick Days - Unlimited
Healthcare - Top notch

Old 12-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #24
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Itt: Democrats...greedy grubbing non-negotiable thieves who think it is okay to demand what is not theirs and give nothing in return.
Exactly how do you come to summarize the party this way? Care to cite specific examples that can't also be applied to republicans?

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.

Last edited by joeski3d; 12-18-2012 at 07:22 AM.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #25
joeski3d

Quote:
Fair? The taxes are mostly already paid by these people. How about curtailing spending?

There is nothing sustainable about the current path. The revenue generated from what Obama wants would be akin to spitting in the ocean if they kept spending even static. Given the proposed spending increases, it would make even less of a difference.

Also, referring to public polls as an ok to policy is hilarious as I'm sure your opinions on gay marriage and abortion would not change if most people were against them...polling by convenience for you huh?
Certainly cutting spending needs to occur also. But please quit crying for the wealthy. It's a load of BS and if you are unaware of how much BS it is then perhaps you need to stop listening to the rich people talk about their problems. With deep pockets comes greater responsibility. Don't like it? Don't be wealthy.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #26
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
Certainly cutting spending needs to occur also. But please quit crying for the wealthy. It's a load of BS and if you are unaware of how much BS it is then perhaps you need to stop listening to the rich people talk about their problems. With deep pockets comes greater responsibility. Don't like it? Don't be wealthy.
That's your opinion. I'm not siding with the rich per se but who the hell are you to say what someone's money is allocated and used for? That's a selfish entitled statement you made Joe. I agree that the rich could pay a little more but I'm not clawing at their heels demanding more money.
Sick Days - Unlimited
Healthcare - Top notch

Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #27
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Exactly how do you come to summarize the party this way? Care to cite specific examples that can't also be applied to republicans?
I'm pulling a Lair. Relax. It's morning and I'm just relieving a little tension.
Sick Days - Unlimited
Healthcare - Top notch

Old 12-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #28
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
There should be NO tax increases until they are accompanied with real, tangible NOW cuts. Reagan was swindled by the democrats on this already, fool me twice...
Agreed. We can all acknowledge that the Republicans want lower taxes and the Democrats want more spending for social programs. There should be NO agreement made that doesn't incorporate both strategies to alleviating the deficit.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #29
joeski3d

Quote:
That's your opinion. I'm not siding with the rich per se but who the hell are you to say what someone's money is allocated and used for? That's a selfish entitled statement you made Joe. I agree that the rich could pay a little more but I'm not clawing at their heels demanding more money.
I'm a voter. That's who the hell I am. And I'm not alone. In fact, I'm with the majority that includes a lot of people that are a lot better off than I am. Selfish? How about realistic? Check your tude dude. My jimmies are rustle-proof on this topic.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #30
joeski3d

Quote:
I'm pulling a Lair. Relax. It's morning and I'm just relieving a little tension.
Ah. Normally my sarcasm detector is fool proof. I guess I gotta get it serviced.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #31
bimmerfan08

Quote:
I'm a voter. That's who the hell I am. And I'm not alone. In fact, I'm with the majority that includes a lot of people that are a lot better off than I am. Selfish? How about realistic? Check your tude dude. My jimmies are rustle-proof on this topic.

I ain't even mad.

All I want to see is some serious budget cuts to go along with tax increases.
Sick Days - Unlimited
Healthcare - Top notch

Old 12-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #32
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Where are the cuts? When will they come and in what areas? Obama claimed during the debates that he wouldn't let the sequestration occur and wouldn't allow for military cuts.. but he simultaneously said he needed to cut defense spending... so where are we going?

Seriously where will we cut? Defense? Education? Entitlements?

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #33
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
In fact, I'm with the majority that includes a lot of people that are a lot better off than I am. Selfish? How about realistic?
mob rule, gotcha

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #34
joeski3d

Quote:
mob rule, gotcha
Quit being a pansy just because you are on the side of the loser opinions. This is a republic. Majority rule is how it works. That's why we have elections. Welcome to Murca!

Ballbusters Inc.

Last edited by joeski3d; 12-18-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #35
Act of God

Quote:
Quit being a pansy just because you are on the side of the loser opinions. This is a republic. Majority rule is how it works. That's why we have elections. Welcome to Murca!

Actually no it isn't how it works, majority rule is how a democracy works. We don't have a democracy, or did you not take that class yet. I'm on the right of the correct opinion. Gun laws do nothing.

Gary Kleck, a political liberal and one-time supporter of gun-control laws, has been studying guns and their effect on violence and crime since 1976. What he's found is that gun-control laws have no net effect on violence or crime rates, because the benefits of widespread gun ownership cancel out the costs.

http://www.largo.org/klecksum.html

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

Last edited by Act of God; 12-18-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #36
joeski3d

Your opinion being "right of the correct" is subject to opinion. The subject at hand is taxes. Not guns. You're in the wrong thread.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #37
chivo328

My Ride: 328/330/633/M5
Obama is countering with increasing tax rates on those making more than $400,000 and limiting the cost of living increase for Social Security. Trying to meet Boehner half way?

Last edited by chivo328; 12-18-2012 at 09:15 AM.
chivo328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #38
Act of God

Quote:
Your opinion being "right of the correct" is subject to opinion. The subject at hand is taxes. Not guns. You're in the wrong thread.
excellent point, but I shall still retort. Your opinion is wrong because raising taxes won't do anything. It will not solve anything. It will not alleviate anything other than making you and the rest of the ME ME ME slackers feel better for being less than successful.

We will end up further in debt after this deal. That means, literally, that the tax increases did nothing. If this tax increase went 100% to deficit and debt reduction you would see a lot more (smart) people on board. Instead, Obama just wants more spending with token "deficit reduction" which really isn't.

You see, if you increase spending more than the increased revenue you are just making the problem worse. If it mathematically impossible to tax your way to a balanced budget at this point.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #39
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Takes one to know one
I'll admit it. When Reagan was driving the bus, I bought the hype and thought I was a republican. I thought welfare was evil, and loved watching the US beat down anyone that disagreed with the republican party.

Thankfully, I evolved and kids like you took my place.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #40
joeski3d

Quote:
excellent point, but I shall still retort. Your opinion is wrong because raising taxes won't do anything. It will not solve anything. It will not alleviate anything other than making you and the rest of the ME ME ME slackers feel better for being less than successful.

We will end up further in debt after this deal. That means, literally, that the tax increases did nothing. If this tax increase went 100% to deficit and debt reduction you would see a lot more (smart) people on board. Instead, Obama just wants more spending with token "deficit reduction" which really isn't.

You see, if you increase spending more than the increased revenue you are just making the problem worse. If it mathematically impossible to tax your way to a balanced budget at this point.
Are you blatantly only looking at one aspect of this fiscal issue? There is more on the table than taxes. And you're wrong about raising taxes not doing anything. Raising taxes will generate an estimated $70 billion per year in revenue. Everyone that can add agrees, that's not enough. Nobody is making the claim, as you seem to suggest, that taxing the rich solves everything. Everyone knows cutting spending is critical. The latest offer from the White House cuts $200 billion from defense and other non military programs. There's still a long way to go, for sure. But taxes play a role. You can't pretend like it's the only chess piece on the board.

Ballbusters Inc.