E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
RedBarron

My Ride: Lexus LS
Send a message via AIM to RedBarron
Ex Still calls and text

My Ex and i broke up 5 months ago. To start off I loved this girl very much. She broke up with after dating for 3 years saying she wanted to enjoy her last semester of college and felt like we became just friends and she had no feelings me anymore.

We talked after we broke up about once a week for a month then I stopped talking to her for a month then she started texting me random things and if I responded she would not respond. Over the past 2 months she will call me twice a month and text me randomly about random things but nothing about missing or anything along those lines.

A few days ago she called me and we talked for 20min then later that night she posted some pictures at a fraternity party with a guy. She texted me that night saying that she does not want to get wrong idea that nothing is between them and she has not had sex with anyone since me. And that she wanted to see me over Christmas break. I responded that she does not have to justify anything to me and do what makes you happy.
Her and I had a amazing relationship and we loved each other very much and she ended it out of the blue one day, so it's hard for me to ignore her and I guess she misses as well but does not want to come out and say it.
Another thing i am unsure about she is graduating form college this Saturday and I am unsure if I should send her a card or something. Gotta love girls haha
Old 12-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Russian172

My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
She just wants the D for X-mass
Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
She is just talking to you because she still "has" you. By that I mean, she knows you will respond and she desires your attention. This does not mean she wants you back, or even has the same feelings. A woman's brain is wired to seek out attention which in turn acts as validation. Stop enabling her. Cut that b!tch loose
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
She is just talking to you because she still "has" you. By that I mean, she knows you will respond and she desires your attention. This does not mean she wants you back, or even has the same feelings. A woman's brain is wired to seek out attention which in turn acts as validation. Stop enabling her. Cut that b!tch loose
/thread

-j
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
just do her. See what happens.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
Yeah....hang out over Christmas if it works out....she wants to hookup...she misses what it feels like and knows it will be comfortable with you. So give that to her and have fun together, but don't let your mind play tricks on you, it is nothing that will last. More like a last hurrah. Don't don't don't don't profess any feelings or pine for her. That is the worst thing you could do and will only validate her feelings to leave you. Instead play cool, show you are happy upbeat and have fun with her as if she was anyone else you'd hang with.

Trust me....learned that lesson the hard way long ago.

After Christmas cut her free and stop feeding her need for validation.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
sakumaxp

My Ride: 02 M3 convertible
When in doubt whip it out!

Carbon Black Metallic
SMG II
Verttttt
VCSL Front Bumper
VCSL 1 Piece Splitter
VIS GTR Hood
6K Angel Eyes
VMR VB3 19's
KW V2 coilovers
sakumaxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #8
SATX_E46

My Ride: 2003 325i
Send a message via Skype™ to SATX_E46
See her true colors now, meet up with her on break and make her do things she would never think of doing while you guys were together.... Drink heavily and treat her like a bar pick-up and make her feel like she's defiantly not the only one! Take her out and hit on all her friends, say you want three sums with them... That's what I would do
SATX_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
just keep your guard up and take it really slow. I know it's hard to control your emotions but knowing what she is capable of should help.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
You have 3 options:

1. Ignore her entirely (best option)
2. Smash over Christmas (since that is what she wants) and then cut her off (not a nice thing to do and may not help you get over her)
3. Smash and keep talking which will likely ensure that she hurts you further in the long run

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
RedBarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX_E46 View Post
See her true colors now, meet up with her on break and make her do things she would never think of doing while you guys were together.... Drink heavily and treat her like a bar pick-up and make her feel like she's defiantly not the only one! Take her out and hit on all her friends, say you want three sums with them... That's what I would do
haha, she is a smart girl and a huge bitch so if I tried to play her she would do the same. Out of sheer chance I have been talking to one her room mates best friends and been going out with her. Her parents love me and her father still emails me and when I am in town always invites me over for a drink and dinner. I'm not certain she wants to hook up but if we hang out and drink it will prob be easy.

Last edited by RedBarron; 12-13-2012 at 02:25 PM.
RedBarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
You have 3 options:

1. Ignore her entirely (best option)
2. Smash over Christmas (since that is what she wants) and then cut her off (not a nice thing to do and may not help you get over her)
3. Smash and keep talking which will likely ensure that she hurts you further in the long run
One is the best option but the hardest to do. I don't think she wants to fvck but she might. Girls LOVE attention, especially past lovers, it shows they still have power and are still desired.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #13
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Stop talking to her.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
RedBarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Stop talking to her.
I never initiate conversation, she is always the one calling or texting me. So I should just ignore her. I would kinda like another chance with this girl, typically I move on and never talk to them again, however she has always been different to me.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #15
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Well... give her one chance but don't make it seem like you're all crazy that she is connecting with you again. Remember, she broke it off so make her work for it.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
pakman3

My Ride: piece
Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #17
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Personally I would just stop replying to her all together. As stated before she doesn't want to get back together shes most likely looking for the "D". And if you give it to her chances are this new girl your talking to will find out about it. (I recall you said it was her roommates best friend or something. I'm sure the three of them hang out occasionally and word will get out.) don't let one round of baby making ruin your new relationship with the other girl. just my 2 cents on the situation...

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
If you want her back, then she is the one that needs to make the 1st COUPLE moves...

Funny that she mentioned the guy in the FB photos. Maybe she misses being in a relationship and has found the single life to not be as fun as she thought?

Regardless of anything the situation seems pretty unstable and I think it is best for your psyche to keep some distance because it seems like you are still kind hooked on her... if you are not then go along with whatever she suggests (ie hanging out over xmas break). Don't get attached but at the same time, you don't need to ignore her and shut her out completely... you can genuinely just be a friend and accepting of how things turned out.

Last edited by CMT247; 12-13-2012 at 08:06 PM.
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Go buy an m3 and enjoy life without her.

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #20
chris10492

My Ride: 14 Camaro 06 R1
I agree, cut all connections, and +1^

+1 to 2 posts up lol

Last edited by chris10492; 12-13-2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Correction
chris10492 is offline   Reply With Quote