E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #81
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlipofthe650 View Post
^yep. Half, actually. Black father, white mother
Just was wondering, I figured you were arguing from an emotional vantage point versus a logical one. Good to know I was right.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #82
Act of God
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
Blacks didn't start the slave trade and they sure as hell didn't create Liberia, and I love that you just said this.

I'm not trying to be rude, but did you honestly just make all of this up? Do some research on colonization from Spain, Portugal, and the American colonization society.
How did the slave trade (that you are referring to) exist without African Blacks? I'm super glad you've been "researching" the issue for apparently no reason but you are far from an authority or a scholar on this issue.

I'm not trying to be rude. Consult with Raymond, he has a far better grasp on this issue than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
Well, I guess you are making the assumption that black people are the only ones that have been disenfranchised in world history.

Every race and every ethnic group has been targeted at one time or another in history. To include whites, hispanics, and Protestants. I guess you have forgotten that Jews have been discriminated against since the Pharaoh ran them out of Egypt 4k years ago. We don't need to mention the Holocaust, but I would like to introduce you to the idea of Russian / Eastern European history and the Pogroms. There were thousands of little holocausts throughout history.

But the holocaust was not limited to Jews. Ask the Gypsies, communists, social undesirables and POW's.

The American Civil War ended in 1865 (147 years ago) and the Civil Rights Act was in 1964 (48 years ago) . Sorry guy, but everyone from the civil war era is long dead and gone and the overwhelming majority of the Jim Crow era are dead as well. Victims as well as perpetrators.

And if you want to blame the white man for the black man's problem's, just remember it was the black man that invaded the local village in Africa and enslaved his next door neighbor, it was a black man that marched him to the sea, a black man that put him in a local jail cell built by other black men, sold to white men by black men and put on the boats by more black men. Slave traders rarely spent more than 24 hrs in Africa and left as soon as they arrived.

Don't forget that the number one status symbol of a freed slave was to own another slave. Don't forget that one of the largest landowners in Louisiana and largest owners of slaves was a freed slave. And one of the last, if not the last slave ships to enter America (1857?) was owned by a freed slave.

And when 37 ? families left America after the Civil War and established Liberia ( the dollar is the national currency and their flag is similar to ours ) the first thing they did was establish an economy based on slavery. I don't think it was officially outlawed until 1990?.

Just make sure you tell the whole story and not cherry pick the points that are politically correct.

Oh yeah, after all the sacrifices others have made for the current progress of the black community, blacks still have a national dropout rate in high school of 55 percent and 7/10 black babies are born to unwed mothers. And they have the highest divorce rate of any ethnic group. Despite all the sacrifices previous generations have made for them, the black community is shooting themselves in the foot and pissing away any opportunities that might be available to them. Sorry,but Whites, Hispanics and Asians are not responsible for their behavior. They are doing a pretty good job of ensuring that their opportunities for success are limited.

I don't have time to relate crime statistics and nonpayment of child support. But those are the highest of any ethnic group as well.

Who cares if he is pissed off ? Every man is responsible for his own success or failure in life. Some have advantages that others don't. But you have 75 years to climb to the top and make your dreams come true. Life isn't fair. It's not suppose to be. If it was, the Soviet Union and the Iron Curtain would not have failed. Every one had equal opportunities there. How did that work out ?

The pity party is over. You'll have to find another excuse.

Last edited by Act of God; 12-19-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #83
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63
from slaves to......

Last edited by mistrzmiasta; 12-19-2012 at 10:35 PM.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #84
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
from slaves to......

Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #85
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #86
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Check out the histories of China, Japan, Mongolia, India, Iran, the Middle East, and Africa for some other major examples of imperial subjugation.
Similar situations but on completely different scales.

The industrial revolution basically gave white countries a "Thor's hammer" over the rest of the world. Media wasn't as effective of a weapon in Ancient china or the middle east. In our current information age almost the entire public gains their insight on digital media fed to them and controlled by certain intermediaries with their own agendas, opinions and world views. They couldn't possibly carry out "imperial subjugation" on the same scale back then as they do now with the size and scope that international media and pop culture is at right now. These media outlets (which are obviously white-owned and controlled. More specifcally Zionist-controlled.) use this information to influence this and other countries to view certain global and political situations in a way that yields a favorable result to these white "leaders of industry/politics" over the long term. The thing that made the white empires like Britain/US smarter than other imperialists of the past was their ability to control through docility over aggression. Its faster and less work and resources. Tug on peoples' emotions through music, movies and art and you can make them love or hate anybody. Even want them dead. Only when that fails do they call in the cavalry on territories that appeal to them but otherwise can't be attained through the aforementioned method.

The white empires may not have been the first, but they were definitely the most efficient, destructive and exploitative at their imperial subjugation, either directly or indirectly over the long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #87
Phlipofthe650

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Just was wondering, I figured you were arguing from an emotional vantage point versus a logical one. Good to know I was right.
Actually, I was using pure logic. All the information I presented was FACT. You can look it up if you don't believe me. I don't argue from an emotional vantage point because that is of no use in the long run. Don't misunderstand though, I'm not making any claims about whether or not US slavery was the worst in all of history. I merely said to me it might have been. However, I don't know the complete history of slavery in the world, so I won't make any false claims and prattle on about things I don't know about. What I'm doing now is weighing in on this thread with a few bits of information as to why US slavery was as bad as it was. Clearly, it seems no one else knew any of what I mentioned. I just want to share the knowledge.

"The Secret to Edutainment is to take Hip Hop beyond Entertainment, leave Baby Land."

-KRS

Last edited by Phlipofthe650; 12-20-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Phlipofthe650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #88
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
How did the slave trade (that you are referring to) exist without African Blacks? I'm super glad you've been "researching" the issue for apparently no reason but you are far from an authority or a scholar on this issue.

I'm not trying to be rude. Consult with Raymond, he has a far better grasp on this issue than you.
You are showing your daftness, if you believe much of what Raymond is saying. Let me pick out one detail, out of many: Liberia being founded after civil war?

Give me a break. No mention of Sierra Leon either. Funny how honey is sweet like sugar. Just leave this thread.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #89
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
Similar situations but on completely different scales.

The industrial revolution basically gave white countries a "Thor's hammer" over the rest of the world. Media wasn't as effective of a weapon in Ancient china or the middle east. In our current information age almost the entire public gains their insight on digital media fed to them and controlled by certain intermediaries with their own agendas, opinions and world views. They couldn't possibly carry out "imperial subjugation" on the same scale back then as they do now with the size and scope that international media and pop culture is at right now. These media outlets (which are obviously white-owned and controlled. More specifcally Zionist-controlled.) use this information to influence this and other countries to view certain global and political situations in a way that yields a favorable result to these white "leaders of industry/politics" over the long term. The thing that made the white empires like Britain/US smarter than other imperialists of the past was their ability to control through docility over aggression. Its faster and less work and resources. Tug on peoples' emotions through music, movies and art and you can make them love or hate anybody. Even want them dead. Only when that fails do they call in the cavalry on territories that appeal to them but otherwise can't be attained through the aforementioned method.

The white empires may not have been the first, but they were definitely the most efficient, destructive and exploitative at their imperial subjugation, either directly or indirectly over the long term.
As soon as you throw out a term like "Zionist controlled media", it makes it really hard to take you seriously.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #90
Act of God
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
You are showing your daftness, if you believe much of what Raymond is saying. Let me pick out one detail, out of many: Liberia being founded after civil war?

Give me a break. No mention of Sierra Leon either. Funny how honey is sweet like sugar. Just leave this thread.
No thanks, I'd rather not let you spout your falsehoods as some sort of authority on the subject.

Slavery: Brought to you by Black People
Old 12-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #91
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
No thanks, I'd rather not let you spout your falsehoods as some sort of authority on the subject.

Slavery: Brought to you by Black People
Are black people the ones who made segregation law?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I would love to hear what Busa would have done
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
I'd like to know how Busa would handle this situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
What are we to do?
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #92
Act of God
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Are black people the ones who made segregation law?
Without black people capturing them and selling them to whites they wouldn't have even been here in America, so there wouldn't have been segregation laws.

Additionally, the majority of white people in this country (their ancestors) were not living in America during the time of slavery. AKA stop blaming me, my grandmother was considered a black person, called the same names and denied employment when she came here.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #93
'busa

Quote:
Without black people capturing them and selling them to whites they wouldn't have even been here in America, so there wouldn't have been segregation laws.

Additionally, the majority of white people in this country (their ancestors) were not living in America during the time of slavery. AKA stop blaming me, my grandmother was considered a black person, called the same names and denied employment when she came here.
How was your grandmother considered black?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are we to do?

Last edited by 'busa; 12-20-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #94
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Honestly, the only thing that bothers me about stuff like this is the double standard. I could care less if blacks, latinos, etc express their hatred of whites. If they are going to dish it out though, they should be able to take it in return, which they cannot. They are the ones perpetuating a problem that they complain about, which is ironic.
This

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Back Up Camera for E46 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ckrDiAClGgM
Muffler Delete on E46 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYhRq0T3eI
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #95
'busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
This
Is anytime a joke can't be flipped around between two parties a double standard? Double standards are only applicable when the context is the same. If you and I both make the same sexist joke and one of us gets blamed for misogyny and the other one doesn't? That's a double standard.

Is it a double standard if a Jew can joke about the Holocaust but a German can't?
Is it a double standard if an American looks at 9/11 in a light way, as opposed to an Arab?
If it a double standard if you say your kids are brats, but you feel insulted if someone says it about your kids?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are we to do?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #96
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Is anytime a joke can't be flipped around between two parties a double standard? Double standards are only applicable when the context is the same. If you and I both make the same sexist joke and one of us gets blamed for misogyny and the other one doesn't? That's a double standard.

Is it a double standard if a Jew can joke about the Holocaust but a German can't?
Is it a double standard if an American looks at 9/11 in a light way, as opposed to an Arab?
If it a double standard if you say your kids are brats, but you feel insulted if someone says it about your kids?
The answer to all of those questions is "yes." They are all double standards. But not all double standards are inappropriate or wrong.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #97
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:

this

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
The answer to all of those questions is "yes." They are all double standards. But not all double standards are inappropriate or wrong.
and that.

It's pretty hilarious, looking at the article in the OP, how this thread turned into "who were the worst slave owners." And, if you're crying about how blacks can drop the N bomb, but whites aren't supposed to, I'm sorry, you've gone full retard.

Quote:
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #98
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
What I find funny is when thug (eminem type dudes) throw around the N bomb, it's like "yo man that dude's chill".... A nerdy white guy does it and the music stops, glasses drop, and fist fly.

It's all very strange. FWIW, black people need to stop with the "we gots a black president now".. comments like that just push us further away from "color-blindness". Kids in this country SHOULD be able to grow up thinking people are people. Instead, every direction they look they have "you're XXX" and "you're YYY" thrown in their faces.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Back Up Camera for E46 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ckrDiAClGgM
Muffler Delete on E46 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYhRq0T3eI
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #99
'busa

Quote:
What I find funny is when thug (eminem type dudes) throw around the N bomb, it's like "yo man that dude's chill".... A nerdy white guy does it and the music stops, glasses drop, and fist fly.
Are you talking about yourself? Why is it so important for you to say the n-word?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are we to do?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #100
Act of God
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
It's pretty hilarious, looking at the article in the OP, how this thread turned into "who were the worst slave owners." And, if you're crying about how blacks can drop the N bomb, but whites aren't supposed to, I'm sorry, you've gone full retard.
I don't think that was the double-standard that was being discussed initially. What was being said was that it is pretty much accepted for black people to be racist openly against whites and that isn't helping race relations.

A man can only take so much of another person hating him for no reason before resentment sinks in.