E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #21
Raymond42262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 453
My Ride: Is German
I would also like to add that when slavery is discussed it is always America.
But when historians discuss slavery it is The Americas, with the false assumption that they are talking about the U S of A.

12 million slaves were brought to the West. But only 600k-650k were brought to the states.
4 million went to Brazil and 1 million went to Jamaica.
The rest went to other nations throughout North and South America.

I don't have one problem with teaching slavery, but teach the truth and not cherry pick the facts and keep showing pictures of slaves with whip scarred backs.
__________________
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."....Joseph Addison
--------------------

Last edited by Raymond42262; 12-21-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #22
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
I would also like to add that when slavery is discussed it is always America.
But when historians discuss slavery it is The Americas, with the false assumption that they are talking about the U S of A.

12 million slaves were brought to the U.S. But only 600k-650k were brought to the states.
4 million went to Brazil and 1 million went to Jamaica.
The rest went to other nations throughout North and South America.

I don't have one problem with teaching slavery, but teach the truth and not cherry pick the facts and keep showing pictures of slaves with whip scarred backs.
I was taught that in school. Perhaps you went to an inferior institution?
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #23
Raymond42262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 453
My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Not mad at all. I was just clarifying my opinion of "historical context." Teaching kids "the whites enslaved the blacks" is hate-breeding and propaganda.
The black community is doing a pretty good job of 'enslaving ' themselves today when 10 percent of black men are under legal confinement at any given time, only 56 percent of all black kids complete high school and 7/10 black women give birth out of wedlock.

Your chances of success are rather limited in this modern world with these stats. And it is not a result of anything done by white men, hispanics or asians.
__________________
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."....Joseph Addison
--------------------

Last edited by Raymond42262; 12-20-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #24
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
Are you implying that the majority of slave owners in the United States were not in fact Whites? Furthermore, would you not argue that it has historical significance because the differences in economies and views on social liberties eventually led to the separation of the Union, a bloody civil war and finally the formation of the country as we know it today? It's taught for a reason. It's called context.

Facts are not hate-breeding and propaganda. Are we supposed to tell children that the Nazi's didn't hunt down the Jews... your own people, because it might condone hate-breeding and propaganda against Germans?

Remind everyone again why your family left the Soviet Union. Should we not teach that anymore out of fear that Russians might become targets of hate?



Get the **** out of there.
Calm your nipples libtard, thats not what I said. If you read my post carefully, you would see that I simply stated that the WAY it is taught here is not in historical context. It is taught with a guilt trip built it. When you leave certain facts out, and teach other facts, that is NOT "historical context." There is a lot more to WWII than "Nazis hunted down the Jews."
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #25
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Calm your nipples libtard, thats not what I said. If you read my post carefully, you would see that I simply stated that the WAY it is taught here...
You're not from here.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #26
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
I would also like to add that when slavery is discussed it is always America.
But when historians discuss slavery it is The Americas, with the false assumption that they are talking about the U S of A.

12 million slaves were brought to the U.S. But only 600k-650k were brought to the states.
4 million went to Brazil and 1 million went to Jamaica.
The rest went to other nations throughout North and South America.

I don't have one problem with teaching slavery, but teach the truth and not cherry pick the facts and keep showing pictures of slaves with whip scarred backs.
At least someone understands what I was trying to say. Cherry picking, that's what I have a beef with. If you cherry pick facts, does that imply truth? Hitler told the Germans "look, they have money, they have power, they have xyz..." When you have nothing, that sounds pretty damn convincing.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #27
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
The black community is doing a pretty good job of 'enslaving ' themselves today when 10 percent of black men are under legal confinement at any given time, only 56 percent of all black kids complete high school and 7/10 black women give birth out of wedlock.

Your chances of success are rather limited in this modern world with these stats. And it is not a result of anything done by white men, hispanics or asians.
Disagree. It is the white man (the white liberal to be exact) that put the blacks into the position they are in today. Whenever you see talks of helping the inner city, etc etc, it is usually white news anchors, white politicians, etc. Sure you have the Jesse Jacksons, but they are nothing....the left, even since the days or gun control legislation, has tried to marginalize the black race. When someone says "poor you because of xyz" that makes you second class.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #28
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
You're not from here.
I came here when I was 8, so I went through 95% of my schooling here.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #29
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Disagree. It is the white man (the white liberal to be exact) that put the blacks into the position they are in today.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #30
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
I was taught that in school. Perhaps you went to an inferior institution?
Why don't you become a history teacher then? We can start teaching slavery the proper way.
__________________
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #31
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Why don't you become a history teacher then? We can start teaching slavery the proper way.
Perhaps a number of the conservatives whining about how slavery is taught should take your advice.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #32
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
Perhaps a number of the conservatives whining about how slavery is taught should take your advice.
Good idea. What do the conservatives think of this?
__________________
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #33
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica
 
rdsesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali...the only state that matters
Posts: 1,452
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Good idea. What do the conservatives think of this?
About what Jets Offensive Coords and Head Coaches think of Tim Tebow as a starting at QB in 2113......i.e.....not much. This entire thread will have as much importance as Tebow coming into voluntary mini-camp on 1/3rd and and competing for a job on the practice squad. ....BUBPKIS!!

And Rachael Nichols will camped out his front lawn for the entire summer, anyway.
__________________
"The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
-- Dr Manhattan

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Last edited by rdsesq; 12-21-2012 at 03:12 AM.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #34
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Why don't you become a history teacher then? We can start teaching slavery the proper way.
The easier solution would be for parents whom disagree with the curriculum that's being taught to home school their children.

I'm not the one complaining, they are.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #35
330iPilot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 577
My Ride: Titanium Silver 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
At least someone understands what I was trying to say. Cherry picking, that's what I have a beef with. If you cherry pick facts, does that imply truth? Hitler told the Germans "look, they have money, they have power, they have xyz..." When you have nothing, that sounds pretty damn convincing.
Damn, where have I heard that before?............
330iPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #36
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I have never seen a school that teaches....

1)Slavery was started by warlords in Africa (blacks) selling blacks to the American slave owners.

2) After slavery was abolished, many freed slaves went BACK to Africa, and promptly ENSLAVED the local population (Liberia.) There is a reason why their capital is Monrovia.

3) When the slaves were freed, many refused to leave.

4) Blacks, as a large percentage are slaves again to the white man, thanks to victimization and they are now slaves to the government instead. In a "school" perspective, during slavery, blacks were property. Just like a car, you take care of it for long service life. The slaves were looked after because if something should happen to them, you lost your property since it would be useless to you. As a result, they were fed, clothed, sheltered, etc. Today, the majority of the prison population is black and young. Inner cities are some of the most dangerous places anywhere. They are not financially independent. Who's to blame? Absolutely the white man for victimizing the black race, rather than let them prosper. This is NOT taught in schools. When is it better for a young black man to be born? During slavery times, or now in the ghetto? It is a legitimate subject that is never talked about.

None of those things are taught in schools, and that is historical...and what some here call, the liberal left way to teach about slavery.

For whatever it's worth, 1, 2 and 3 were taught at the school that I went to.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #37
Raymond42262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 453
My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
The easier solution would be for parents whom disagree with the curriculum that's being taught to home school their children.

I'm not the one complaining, they are.
Or they could teach the truth and not something politically correct.



Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I have never seen a school that teaches....

1)Slavery was started by warlords in Africa (blacks) selling blacks to the American slave owners.

2) After slavery was abolished, many freed slaves went BACK to Africa, and promptly ENSLAVED the local population (Liberia.) There is a reason why their capital is Monrovia.

3) When the slaves were freed, many refused to leave.

4) Blacks, as a large percentage are slaves again to the white man, thanks to victimization and they are now slaves to the government instead. In a "school" perspective, during slavery, blacks were property. Just like a car, you take care of it for long service life. The slaves were looked after because if something should happen to them, you lost your property since it would be useless to you. As a result, they were fed, clothed, sheltered, etc. Today, the majority of the prison population is black and young. Inner cities are some of the most dangerous places anywhere. They are not financially independent. Who's to blame? Absolutely the white man for victimizing the black race, rather than let them prosper. This is NOT taught in schools. When is it better for a young black man to be born? During slavery times, or now in the ghetto? It is a legitimate subject that is never talked about.

None of those things are taught in schools, and that is historical...and what some here call, the liberal left way to teach about slavery.

Why is it called Monrovia........I've never heard the story behind that.
__________________
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."....Joseph Addison
--------------------
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #38
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
Or they could teach the truth and not something politically correct.
Again, I am not sure what substandard academic institutions you attended as a child, but the "truth" was taught where I attended school.

If parents are this outraged, then they should take matters into their own hands.

You, and others on the board, erroneously credit how slavery is taught in schools to the root of all evil in this country. It makes you wonder who is more caught up and bitter about the past.


I for one am happy that intelligent design / creationism will not be taught in science or history. But please, continue to focus on slavery.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #39
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
Again, I am not sure what substandard academic institutions you attended as a child, but the "truth" was taught where I attended school.

If parents are this outraged, then they should take matters into their own hands.

You, and others on the board, erroneously credit how slavery is taught in schools to the root of all evil in this country. It makes you wonder who is more caught up and bitter about the past.


I for one am happy that intelligent design / creationism will not be taught in science or history. But please, continue to focus on slavery.
Please, let's not pretend that has no bearing on race relations and perhaps creating tension from the outset. Some people may end up being a little less bitter knowing it takes two to tango.

One of my favorite radio moments ever was when Patrice O'neal (r.i.p) found out that white guys didn't physically go to Africa and catch black guys. He was blown away by it and it changed his entire view on the subject. Trust me, the truth is not being taught at large.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #40
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Please, let's not pretend that has no bearing on race relations and perhaps creating tension from the outset.
You're right. Whites are clearly having their jimmies rustled. Hopefully they'll move past it one day.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use