E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #41
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
i dont think that anyone at all believes that the children werent massacred. the loss and the pain that the families and the community feels is real. it really is tragic.

that being said, you cant believe everything the media or the government tells you. it is very likely that some kid was disturbed enough to do something as horrible as this. but it is not impossible to think that some facts have been fudged to benefit a particular political objective.

no need for name calling.
__________________
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #42
peytonracer4
:D
 
peytonracer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,689
My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
i dont think that anyone at all believes that the children werent massacred. the loss and the pain that the families and the community feels is real. it really is tragic.

that being said, you cant believe everything the media or the government tells you. it is very likely that some kid was disturbed enough to do something as horrible as this. but it is not impossible to think that some facts have been fudged to benefit a particular political objective.

no need for name calling.
Name calling was not directed to you. Just the crazies in general. It annoys me when every time something like this happens, people say its fake. There are literally people out there that think 9/11 was faked. I'm not ok with that.

But to what you said, yes I agree that one shouldn't believe everything the media and govt says. The media is in the business of getting views. They'll blow things up when they know nothing.
Ever watch nancy grace? She's like the metaphorical caricature of all media. She'll just randomly make things up about someone or an event and then go on a witch hunt.
Bottom line is, the media is there to make money. Ill take events that happen that they report and nothing more. Details and opinions are taken with a grain of salt.
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)

Last edited by peytonracer4; 12-22-2012 at 03:26 PM.
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #43
Drex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 190
My Ride: Cosmic Waves
Look, I am not saying anyone or any organization in particular did it. That, I have no idea. What Iam saying is that there are enough holes, inconsistencies, freakish coincidences and unanswered questions in many major events that occur and not enough people question the story that has been sold to the majority of the masses through the tube by people that act important wearing suites and pretending to wipe away non existent tears. And since you do not have the luxury of asking questions back to the television, the buck always stops where they tell you it stops.
Drex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #44
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,902
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
First guy is mormon and they teach to be happy in times of pain. There was a thread about it.
It's not so much that as that Mormons believe that families are eternal--that we will be reunited as a family unit after we die. So although there are times when we go through painful separations, that's all they are--temporary separations until we are reunited in eternity. So that's pretty comforting.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #45
k2pilot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 340
My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
It doesn't matter what they tell us through the TV, 9/11 being real or fake didn't have any effect on my life, what did have an effect was people's reactions. We may not have total control over what they say, but we certainly do over how we react. It's no different that dealing with F2B.
__________________
Quote:
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go past." Douglas Adams
k2pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #46
Sentaruu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 848
My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
There are literally people out there that think 9/11 was faked.
to think that the towers falling and people dying on 9/11 was faked is one thing. but most people who say that 9/11 was faked im sure mean that it didnt play out how the media and government lead you to believe it did.
__________________

Last edited by Sentaruu; 12-22-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #47
s3th
Registered User
 
s3th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nor Cal -> Reno, NV
Posts: 4,382
My Ride: 05 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
first
12 minute video. 5 minute response.
__________________
You can just call me seth.

500px
s3th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #48
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 855
My Ride: S2000
Drone attacks kill civilians. Im not sure how many innocent lives are "worth it" to the government.

Just sayin'.
__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #49
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 538
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
i dont think that anyone at all believes that the children werent massacred. the loss and the pain that the families and the community feels is real. it really is tragic.

that being said, you cant believe everything the media or the government tells you. it is very likely that some kid was disturbed enough to do something as horrible as this. but it is not impossible to think that some facts have been fudged to benefit a particular political objective.

no need for name calling.
Logic!
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #50
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
i dont think that anyone at all believes that the children werent massacred. the loss and the pain that the families and the community feels is real. it really is tragic.

that being said, you cant believe everything the media or the government tells you. it is very likely that some kid was disturbed enough to do something as horrible as this. but it is not impossible to think that some facts have been fudged to benefit a particular political objective.

no need for name calling.
Good post. Just wanted to add that almost every breaking news story that is relevant to anything controversial is swayed with political agendas. There's no doubt that it happens. But, to assume that the government had its hand in setting it up based off a couple inconsistencies is reaching.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #51
5speed5er
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 309
My Ride: TreTreFive
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Name calling was not directed to you. Just the crazies in general. It annoys me when every time something like this happens, people say its fake. There are literally people out there that think 9/11 was faked. I'm not ok with that.

But to what you said, yes I agree that one shouldn't believe everything the media and govt says. The media is in the business of getting views. They'll blow things up when they know nothing.
Ever watch nancy grace? She's like the metaphorical caricature of all media. She'll just randomly make things up about someone or an event and then go on a witch hunt.
Bottom line is, the media is there to make money. Ill take events that happen that they report and nothing more. Details and opinions are taken with a grain of salt.
I haven't met anyone who thought 9/11 was fake and didn't happen. I do however see a huge possibility of the government saying "Hey, their coming on 9/11/2001 to crash the planes, let's milk this for all we can." Whatever they did to "milk it" is what is concerning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex View Post
Look, I am not saying anyone or any organization in particular did it. That, I have no idea. What Iam saying is that there are enough holes, inconsistencies, freakish coincidences and unanswered questions in many major events that occur and not enough people question the story that has been sold to the majority of the masses through the tube by people that act important wearing suites and pretending to wipe away non existent tears. And since you do not have the luxury of asking questions back to the television, the buck always stops where they tell you it stops.
Very well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
It doesn't matter what they tell us through the TV, 9/11 being real or fake didn't have any effect on my life, what did have an effect was people's reactions. We may not have total control over what they say, but we certainly do over how we react. It's no different that dealing with F2B.
It has a huge effect on your life. The repercussions from it and the things done in response to "terror" and "national security" does have an effect on you and every other Americans life, whether you realize it or not. Wars and legislation effect every American.
__________________
5speed5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #52
k2pilot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 340
My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speed5er View Post
It has a huge effect on your life. The repercussions from it and the things done in response to "terror" and "national security" does have an effect on you and every other Americans life, whether you realize it or not. Wars and legislation effect every American.
Apparently you didn't read after that, I said it doesn't matter, our reaction does. Our reaction being the acceptance of legislation that infringes on our rights, the initial act itself is irrelevant by comparison.
__________________
Quote:
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go past." Douglas Adams
k2pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #53
5speed5er
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 309
My Ride: TreTreFive
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
Apparently you didn't read after that, I said it doesn't matter, our reaction does. Our reaction being the acceptance of legislation that infringes on our rights, the initial act itself is irrelevant by comparison.
Yes but what I was trying to get at is that the results are different. When the event is known in advance, whether planned or intercepted, and the government plans on utilizing that event for a premeditated political agenda you will get very different effects from said event compared to if it were 100% legitimate.
__________________
5speed5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #54
Shaban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 24
My Ride: 2005 CBR600
People turn everything into a conspiracy... even this: http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.c...n-obamas-head/
__________________
- Alex
Shaban is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:54 AM   #55
Fatal_Image
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 4
My Ride: 330i Zhp
if anyone has some downtime, watch this video. explains for the most part how sandy hook was staged. i didnt believe it at first, but theres WAY too many inconsistencies in the whole situation.

Fatal_Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:58 AM   #56
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3th View Post
12 minute video. 5 minute response.
you're dreaming if you think I even glanced at that video.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:11 AM   #57
Sneaky
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,949
My Ride: Fixie
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:58 AM   #58
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,221
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_Image View Post
if anyone has some downtime, watch this video. explains for the most part how sandy hook was staged. i didnt believe it at first, but theres WAY too many inconsistencies in the whole situation.

That car that you see outside... They're watching you.
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:02 AM   #59
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,221
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_Image View Post
if anyone has some downtime, watch this video. explains for the most part how sandy hook was staged. i didnt believe it at first, but theres WAY too many inconsistencies in the whole situation.

Now you pissed me off. I wasted 2 minutes starting that gay ass video until I realized how ridiculous it was.
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #60
rcsummers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suburbia, NJ
Posts: 3,939
My Ride: M3
sub'd for later.
__________________
rcsummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use