E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #41
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
Difference between BHO coming back early and you returning early is... BHO runs the country... You run your mouth on an Internet forum... J/K lol you left yourself open man. Happy Holidays Zach!
Thanks Kevin! Happy Holidays too! Read below...

I understand he runs the country and because such he needs to remember the people who he serves and employs him as well as congress. We have military that are across seas serving their country and on duty 24/7 because as we know, our enemies don't take time off for holidays. I just think it would be reassuring for folks who have to work on or around the holidays and don't get much time with family and friends to see the leaders of their country at least putting forth an effort to finish what was started awhile back. Many Americans are awaiting the decision from our government...

And it's an internet forum...we all shoot our mouths off here :p

Quote:
"I think it's very important to have a feedback loop, where you're constantly thinking about what you've done and how you could be doing it better. I think that's the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself."

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 12-27-2012 at 12:26 AM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #42
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
what difference would it make if he stayed? Congress refuses to agree on anything and makes it so Obama won't be able to accomplish anything.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #43
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
what difference would it make if he stayed? Congress refuses to agree on anything and makes it so Obama won't be able to accomplish anything.
See above. Would you rather have a boss that gives off the notion he doesn't have to be around and not care? Or someone who is present and actively listening while providing input? Appearance and presence is everything when trying to make a statement especially when in a position of leadership.

Lead by example...

Quote:
"I think it's very important to have a feedback loop, where you're constantly thinking about what you've done and how you could be doing it better. I think that's the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself."

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 12-27-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #44
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
Difference between BHO coming back early and you returning early is... BHO runs the country... You run your mouth on an Internet forum... J/K lol you left yourself open man. Happy Holidays Zach!
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #45
bimmerfan08

NEW YEAR’S HEADACHE

Partly by fate, partly by design, some scary fiscal forces come together at the start of 2013 unless Congress and Obama act to stop them. They include:

— Some $536 billion in tax increases, touching nearly all Americans, because various federal tax cuts and breaks expire at year’s end.

— About $110 billion in spending cuts divided equally between the military and most other federal departments. That’s about 8 percent of their annual budgets, 9 percent for the Pentagon.

Hitting the national economy with that double whammy of tax increases and spending cuts is what’s called going over the “fiscal cliff.” If allowed to unfold over 2013, it would lead to recession, a big jump in unemployment and financial market turmoil, economists predict.

WHAT IF THEY MISS THE DEADLINE?

If New Year’s Day arrives without a deal, the nation shouldn’t plunge onto the shoals of recession immediately. There still might be time to engineer a soft landing.

So long as lawmakers and the president appear to be working toward agreement, the tax hikes and spending cuts could mostly be held at bay for a few weeks. Then they could be repealed retroactively once a deal was reached.

The big wild card is the stock market and the nation’s financial confidence: Would traders start to panic if Washington appeared unable to reach accord? Would worried consumers and businesses sharply reduce their spending? In what could be a preview, stock prices around the world dropped Friday after House Republican leaders’ plan for addressing the fiscal cliff collapsed.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke has warned lawmakers that the economy is already suffering from the uncertainty and they shouldn’t risk making it worse by blowing past their deadline.

WHAT IF THEY NEVER AGREE?

If negotiations between Obama and Congress collapse completely, 2013 looks like a rocky year.

Taxes would jump $2,400 on average for families with incomes of $50,000 to $75,000, according to a study by the non-partisan Tax Policy Center. Because consumers would get less of their paychecks to spend, businesses and jobs would suffer.

At the same time, Americans would feel cuts in government services; some federal workers would be furloughed or laid off, and companies would lose government business. The nation would lose up to 3.4 million jobs, the Congressional Budget Office predicts.

“The consequences of that would be felt by everybody,” Bernanke says.

http://www.vosizneias.com/120207/201...hard-a-landing

Quote:
Old 12-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #46
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Thanks, republicans!

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #47
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Great job, democraps.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #48
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Not blaming, just a bit of perspective:

I personally thought Bush should have taken off, oh, perhaps 2,920 days -- less harm would have been done.

Last edited by Rhumb; 12-27-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #49
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post

I personally thought Bush should have taken off, oh, perhaps 2,920 days -- less harm would have been done.
His terms would have been about 2,922 days...there were 2 leap years in which he covered over the course of his presidential career.

Quote:

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 12-27-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #50
Lair

Oh snap.

Too bad it won't shut the haters up.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #51
Rhumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
His terms would have been about 2,922 days...there were 2 leap years in which he covered over the course of his presidential career.
Honestly, how much harm could even he have done in two days?

Ummm, now that I think of it, make that 2,922 days vacation, don't want to take any reckless chances now do we.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #52
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
This is what happens when you fight two wars and put it on a credit card - partly.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-27-2012 at 04:30 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #53
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
The difference is that he is a hypocrite. He criticized Congress and Boehner for taking a recess for Christmas suggesting that they don't care about the country and then he left for Hawaii.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #54
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post

Bush took numerous working vacations. While he was in Texas he hosted numerous heads of state from other nations.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #55
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
The difference is that he is a hypocrite. He criticized Congress and Boehner for taking a recess for Christmas suggesting that they don't care about the country and then he left for Hawaii.
Congress and Bohner gave the US the finger and left first. Why would Obama stay?

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #56
Lair

Quote:
Bush took numerous working vacations. While he was in Texas he hosted numerous heads of state from other nations.
Hilarious.

Back door deals and kickbacks for helping BushCo fvck us = "working vacations".

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #57
Rhumb

Quote:
And Obama presumably is just lounging on some beach drinking beer his whole vacations?
Old 12-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #58
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Interesting. Congress votes America to war under Bush and Bush later takes full blame by Democrats. Going over the fiscal cliff congressional Republicans take full blame. Fvcking libtards durrrr
Old 12-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #59
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Interesting. Congress votes America to war under Bush and Bush later takes full blame by Democrats. Going over the fiscal cliff congressional Republicans take full blame. Fvcking libtards durrrr
Personal responsibility...some have and some don't. Not too difficult to figure out at this point who is who.

Quote:

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 12-28-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #60
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Interesting. Congress buys Bush's lies and votes America to war under Bush and Bush later takes full blame by Democrats. Going over the fiscal cliff congressional Republicans take full blame. Fvcking libtards durrrr
ftfy

durrrr

Quote:
Congratulations.