E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 12:46 AM   #301
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Charlie's TiAg ///M Project thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
lots of good things and hard work going on in this thread...very nice
Thanks Stuart! Taking things slow to make sure I won't mess anything up on this current project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
You know what I always say Charlie.... "Amazing!"

Ps: Do you already have CF trim for the dashboard or that's on the list too?
Tony, I actually got rid of my interior carbon fiber trim because it didn't match my carbon fiber CSL interior. The cf trim is at 2x2 weave whereas the CSL is at 1x1 weave. Didn't look right together....so I went with the more rare ALU TECH aluminum trim instead. I also have a set of OEM CSL Titan Shadow trim to swap in if I want

Thanks for the compliments on my work guys

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365AutoSports one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 01-02-2014 at 12:51 AM.
cak323i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:27 AM   #302
Busabos77

My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Sexy time!!!! Interior will be stunning! Great work Charlie!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:29 AM   #303
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Thanks Brian!

2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365AutoSports one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
Old 01-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #304
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
OMG DUDE!! Great work Charlie! That's interior is on point! You receive 2,000 points for doing the center console with the mirror switch not many people do that! Awesome!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #305
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER View Post
OMG DUDE!! Great work Charlie! That's interior is on point! You receive 2,000 points for doing the center console with the mirror switch not many people do that! Awesome!
I thought you would like what I have been up to It's been a long time since I have seen you here Yeah, the reason not many reposition the mirror switch over to the center console is because it is difficult to reroute the additional wiring to make it work When it's all done I'll be glad I did it but right now with the bad weather I'm hating it
Old 01-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #306
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Today I finished routing my mirror wire extension inside the ///M. Still lots of work needed to route this wiring harness. Got the part exposed between the cabin and door weatherproofed and waiting for it to dry.

In the pictures above, you can see where the wiring harness comes out of the cabin. Once I get the wiring harness into the door, I can complete the splicing and button everything up.

What you see in the above picture is where I'm looking to run my wiring harness

The new dash installed in the ///M. I'm loving the new look in my TiAg ///M!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #307
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Tonight I finally routed my mirror wiring harness from the cabin into my driver's door. Now I know why most people don't do this....

The last picture shows my mirror switch at my CSL center console being hooked up....finally. There's a few loose ends I have to put my attention to and I will have this part of my winter project complete...

So much I still want to do but this will have to be for the time being

Old 01-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #308
cak323i
Modded ///Member

I ordered the 1x1 carbon fiber engine cover for the ///M this morning from Tekarbon This should add to the BMW Performance carbon fiber strut bar that already resides inside my engine compartment

Come spring when I take my ///M out it should look pretty awesome
Old 01-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #309
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
Can't wait to see it all come together Charlie

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #310
Busabos77

My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Noice!!! I want that 1x1 cover!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #311
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan Hussein View Post
Can't wait to see it all come together Charlie
Thanks Steve! I can't wait either....gonna look sweet by May when I take the ///M back out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busabos77 View Post
Noice!!! I want that 1x1 cover!!!
Brian, you can order from Tekarbon...I'm sure you will

Last edited by cak323i; 01-09-2014 at 05:21 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:37 AM   #312
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Today I scored a full ZCP brake upgrade for the ///M which will serve me until I'm ready to start the process of boosting in a few years. This brake upgrade is an "interm process" to allow me to focus on other areas of the ///M while still refreshing my OE brake system

This kit will include rebuilt front/rear calipers, mounting brackets, fresh pads, cross drilled Performance ZCP rotors, and ss brake lines.......all for a killer price I couldn't pass on this

Last edited by cak323i; 01-10-2014 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #313
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Today's update....

Started off finishing both the passenger and driver's footwell - all looking good

In the picture below I'm tie-wrapping the door mirror switch wiring as I route the new wiring harness into the center console thru the dash...

The dash as it has been put back together.... lots of work but it was not difficult to do

The ALU TECH interior trim I'm using as my "every day" trim...looks so much better against an all black dash

The side impact airbag connector set aside with resistors attached. This was deleted because of the OEM CSL door panels... the steering wheel and seats coming back together...

Still can't get over the transformation from an all grey interior to black!!!

Love how my red gauge needles looked in this pic...

Finally, the CSL center console all finished up and properly wired...side impact air bags removed and resistors installed.

Well, that's it for today. Got most done and the seats properly reconnected. I have to get some hardware to permanently mount my CSL door panels on both the driver's and passenger's door and then the interior renovation will be complete. The cold weather did not help and I took my time to ensure everything was done properly. I have a sense of accomplishment in doing this project because I have never attempted doing something as extensive as swapping out my entire interior...it has been a very fulfilling project for me

Last edited by cak323i; 01-12-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #314
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Here are a few additional pictures I took using my iPhone from today's work....you can see tools and such scattered around....I'm not necessarily a neat worker but the end result is perfection

Old 01-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #315
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
nice
Old 01-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #316
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Thanks Stuart! How is your project coming along?
Old 01-13-2014, 01:45 AM   #317
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
I knew it! I knew you've been having this smile with your build lately! Awesome!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #318
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
I knew it! I knew you've been having this smile with your build lately! Awesome!
Thanks Tony! Yeah, I've been making progress on the ///M....just little things left to do such as permanently mount my driver's and passenger's side door cards. A little touch up here and there and the ///M's interior will be finished.

Right now there's a few things left to do before the 2014 season starts...

- Illuminated ///M Door sills
- 1x1 carbon fiber engine cover
- swap out my Scorza CSL bootlid for my new OEM CSL bootlid
- change out my OE brake system for the ZCP upgrade including rotors...
- swap out my parcel shelf for a black one....
- reposition my rear side speakers over to the C-piller cover
- get new ///M floor mats

So the list goes on and on towards perfection
Old 01-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #319
cak323i
Modded ///Member

I've been busy working on the ///M getting it ready for the upcoming 2014 season

Today I picked up and installed my OEM CSL bootlid I still have to do some minor adjustments but the fitment is what I expected - perfection
Here are a few pics of my installed OEM CSL bootlid Yeah, I have a lot to smile about right now

This was taken while at my friend's body shop where the bootlid was resprayed. He matched the TiAg perfectly...

Can't get over how awesome the clear looks on my new bootlid!

These bootlids were manufactured in Italy for BMW...

The two bootlids together...only time I will ever see this....

What was amazing is that the Scorza CSL rep bootlid happens to be much lighter than the OEM CSL bootlid I replaced it with...

In order to thread the wiring harness to the bootlid, I had to take off these plugs since the channels inside the bootlid was much tighter...

Once this was done, routing the wiring harness was very easy with help of a wire hanger to help snake the harness thru...

Here is the new bootlid mounted on the ///M....finally!

Driver's side has a slightly bigger gap over the passenger's side....this is where I have to do some slight adjustments but I will do this tomorrow...enjoying the rest of the day taking it easy

I've always wanted to have this bootlid mounted on the ///M and recently got an awesome deal from a fellow forum member. Now to get this bootlid adjusted to it's final fit...I'm glad I got this!

Last edited by cak323i; 01-19-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #320
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Today I finally finished mounting my OEM CSL door cards....here are a few pics I took using my iPhone for all to see. I have to say....I love the new look!!!

Driver's door

Passenger's door

Top view of driver's door looking down...notice the door handles and how the door mirror switch was removed...

A pic of the driver's rear door card

Now I'm going to hook the battery back up bringing the ///M back to life

Tomorrow I plan to take better quality pictures of my work Right now I got some serious cleaning to do to get the ///M up to par