E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #21
bjo

My Ride: 04 m3, 03 x5, 95 m3
I use it. Works well for a autox/track car that sees some street use.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #22
pawelgawel

My Ride: 330CI
been using liquimoly the day it became available locally... love it!! $30/5l of 5w40.. that's $20 less then bmw control.. save your money and go with alternative that's just as good, if not better

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App

Last edited by pawelgawel; 12-28-2012 at 01:14 PM.
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #23
NICKBRUM

My Ride: 2004 M3
Hey Op don't blow up the world!!! There is no way any other company could ever develop a product that would work in the magical S54, which was made from borrowed alien technology. Listen to BMW and run Castrol only, the world depends on it. We can harnesses the power of the atom, and clone life, but there is no other oil for the M3.....its science.

|Carbon Fiber Intake|AA GEN3|AC Strut Brace|Eibach/Koni's|CSL/SMG Flash|
|Victory UDP's|HPF Sub Frame Plates| PF Subframe Bushings|Rtab Limiters|PFC DD Front Rotors|
NICKBRUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #24
m3e46freak

My Ride: e46/bike/Airplane?
^ haha, good ol monopoly

2004 JB / Cinnamon SMG - NAV - Heated Seats
Sonic Tuning Spacers 15mm
Alcantara Wheel/Boot/Pillars
BMC filter
Carbon Fiber: Doors/Seat Back/Trim/Paddles
Scorza muffler
CSL Bumper/Trunk
ST Coilovers

m3e46freak@yahoo.com for outside contacting

Last edited by m3e46freak; 12-29-2012 at 09:12 AM.
m3e46freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #25
fatskidmark

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKBRUM View Post
Hey Op don't blow up the world!!! There is no way any other company could ever develop a product that would work in the magical S54, which was made from borrowed alien technology. Listen to BMW and run Castrol only, the world depends on it. We can harnesses the power of the atom, and clone life, but there is no other oil for the M3.....its science.
I love it! Consider the world safe my friends...Haha...
fatskidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #26
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djantlive View Post
you can find the castrol for under $10 if you shop around ahead of time. i bought some for $9 a quart on craigslist.

i know a lot of people use liquid moly on bmws (not necessarily e46 m3). if it's approved by bmw, why does the engine specify castrol only?
BMW has a partnership (or did) with Castrol. Therefore, they endorse their oils in their cars. Unfortunately a lot of people do not understand how businesses really operate. Also, oils and a lot petrol products in general can be reverse engineered...

Quote:
BMW and Castrol have worked together as strategic partners since 1999. A long-term partnership, based on striving for greater and greater innovation, has led us to create co-engineered lubricants that are perfectly tuned to BMWs very latest engine technology.

We share BMW’s desire to push boundaries. Together we aim to take the driving experience further. That’s why in 2009, after 10 years of success, BMW extended their alliance and continue to develop new cutting-edge products with us. In that time, we have continued to excel, aiming to provide BMW drivers with the ultimate performance and fuel economy. Our combined expertise has also allowed us to exploit additional CO2 reduction opportunities.
When it comes to the question of which motor oil is recommended for BMW, the answer is always Castrol. That’s why the Castrol name has appeared on the filler cap of every new BMW for more than 10 years and it’s why BMW recommends Castrol in every owner’s manual.

Castrol is also proud to have been BMW Motorsport’s partner at many of their most famous victories around the world. This technical partnership has meant that, when the time has come to compete, we have come home a winner on so many occasions. BMW has shown outstanding performance and achievement throughout its glorious history across all racing categories, from Formula 1 to touring cars, from the endurance demands of Le Mans to most recently the DTM Championship winning the manufactures’ title consecutively.
BMW and Castrol have a long-term partnership to deliver co-engineered lubricants that are perfectly tuned to BMW's very latest engine technology.
http://castroledge.com/partners/bmw-...s-castrol-edge

Not even mentioning the efficiencies of larger countries.

As divided as this country is, at least we are one.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #27
Teslazerok

My Ride: 2003 M3 6SPD
Thread revival much?
Teslazerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:12 PM   #28
nojoda

My Ride: 06 M3Vert 6MT JB/CIN
why the thread bump?

2006 BMW M3 VERT 6MT (CURRENT)
2007 B7 AUDI A4 2.0T CVT FWD (BRILLIANT BLACK) TRADED

2002 E46 BMW M3 SMG II (TIAG) RIP

INSTAGRAM : itsjorgebrah
nojoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #29
golfnutintib

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP, 02 M3
BMW as a corporation has gotten so good at making money they have allowed themselves to forget how to make a driver's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
BMW has a partnership (or did) with Castrol. Therefore, they endorse their oils in their cars. Unfortunately a lot of people do not understand how businesses really operate. Also, oils and a lot petrol products in general can be reverse engineered...

http://castroledge.com/partners/bmw-...s-castrol-edge
golfnutintib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:32 PM   #30
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojoda View Post
why the thread bump?
Because now I want to know if I need to use Castrol TWS. All the other threads are old and outdated. I use whatever walmart puts in it for their $19.99 oil change.

/sarcasm

Last edited by morningisbad; 05-28-2014 at 05:32 PM.
morningisbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #31
workman482

My Ride: 01 M3 vert
I wouldn't even use walmart's 19.99 special in a beat up ***** civic! The only thing worse would be some gas station brand oil.

Just to be sure you are talking about a e46 M3 right?
workman482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #32
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Obviously kidding...I use castrol tws

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #33
workman482

Whew! Catastrophy avoided.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #34
Kropelin

My Ride: 1995 Acura Legend
The clouds parted, the angels sang, God smiled, and a beam of sunlight shown down over the glow of another happy BMW.

Kropelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #35
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
This oil is fine I use a lot of their products on all of my BMWs
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #36
workman482

I just found a 5 L jug on amazon for 48 bucks. Ordered two and a Mann filter for 8 bucks.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #37
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by workman482 View Post
I just found a 5 L jug on amazon for 48 bucks. Ordered two and a Mann filter for 8 bucks.

U can order it locally through your napa or car quest stores

Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #38
REVOS5

My Ride: '04 M3 Coupe
I've been using Liqui Moly 10w60 on my '04 M3 Coupe and had a noticable improvement over the TWS. Liqui Moly is premium oil at a premium price. TWS is simply overpriced.
REVOS5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, maintenace, oil, parts