E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #21
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Maybe the medical examiner got it wrong? Small town examiner, doesn't see many cases of people getting shot in the quiet town. Could very well have made a mistake.

Or one of the media outlets did. Or no one knows. Someone should make the truth plain and clear and no one has.
Apparently you didn't watch the interview. The guy is not a small town doc. He is the statewide chief medical examiner. He was very comfortable when he plainly said he had seen many more bodies and gun wounds, that he knew the caliber of the bullet right away much more accurately than any of the "big time" cops that were surrounding him.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Bimmer App

Sapphire Black MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/ZCW/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SunRoofLess/5MT

Last edited by SeanC; 12-28-2012 at 10:56 PM.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #22
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Bend over... Pick up shell casings... Use a 3rd grade level of firearm knowledge.

A 223, 556 or shot shell looks NOTHING like a 22, 9, 40 or 45 shell

This SIMPLE fact alone screams conspiracy

Look at the shell casings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-28-2012 at 10:54 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #23
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Bend over... Pick up shell casings... Use a 3rd grade level of firearm knowledge.

This SIMPLE fact alone screams conspiracy

Look at the shell casings!
If you're a senator from California, they all look like barrel shrouds.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #24
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Apparently you didn't watch the interview. The guy is not a small town doc. He is the statewide chief medical examiner. He was very comfortable when he plainly said he had seen many more bodies and gun wounds, that he knew the caliber of the bullet right away than any of the "big time" cops that were surrounding him.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Bimmer App
Was trying to edit the post. I did just read that. I stand corrected on that point.

But if you also watch the interviews, you'll note that for a big time examiner, he seems pretty damn unnerved standing up there in front of them all. Alot of his responses were weak and lacking in confidence, and some of them border on contradictory.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #25
dfjaws

My Ride: '08 E90 M3 / '02 Z3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
If you're a senator from California, they all look like barrel shrouds.

I remember that video.

EDIT: I'll leave this here for lolz...

Last edited by dfjaws; 12-28-2012 at 11:04 PM.
dfjaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #26
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Starting to think this guy was an actor or drugged up by the gov on mind altering drugs... Stuck in a room for 24 hours while the "answers" were programmed into his head.

That creepy laugh...... Same as the dad of the deceased child during the interview.

My tinfoil is getting too thick even for me.

The stuff I'm seeing, hearing and reading seems so fake to me.

ALL kids were killed by the rifle, yet a chief medical examiner can't tell you the caliber??????
He can't tell you how many boys vs girls?
Not to mention video of the rifle being pulled from the car trunk

Too many "slips" in his answers. Who LAUGHS after the autopsy of 20 dead kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-28-2012 at 11:16 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #27
Fern2899

My Ride: 2003 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to Fern2899
I would like to chime in.. They are firearms, not weapons... Weapons are used on the battle field. What we purchase at gun stores are called firearms
Old 12-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #28
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
In the interest of full disclosure of all information, the original link I posted in support of this story has been disputed. It is at best evidence in support of a supposition that an AR15 was not used and at worst it is a strong piece of evidence that supports the facts that the amount of conflicting information that exists around this case is staggering. I don't think we'll know everything that happened until some reports come out.

I want to see the police and medical reports.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Last edited by david05111; 12-29-2012 at 12:23 AM.
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #29
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
I remember when they first started reporting on it.. One of the reporters said they found two guns a glock and a sig sauer.. Then later mentioned the ar being found in the trunk..
Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #30
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
FWIW I believe it was a shotgun pulled from the boys car... Not an AR.

Not sure what was used but regardless of this incident, two pistols concealed in your pants are equally as dangerous as an easy to spot AR strapped to your back... This war against rifles is just mind boggling

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:29 AM   #31
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Too many "slips" in his answers. Who LAUGHS after the autopsy of 20 dead kids?
Not trying to explain this one away here, but I work with medical examiners in the field, and they are some morbid motherfuckers. We were cracking jokes at a suicide scene one time. It's inappropriate, but it does happen. There are numerous psychological studies and publications that explain why this is not very concerning and really not necessarily a bad thing, but I won't go into that. Suffice it to say, doctors, cops, paramedics, soldiers and similar professions are rampant with dark humor that would make a nun have an aneurism.
I think that he could also be laughing because of nervousness. I've had people laugh while confessing to felonies during Miranda statements. Sometimes they do it because they're overwhelmed, sometimes they do it because they know they're fucked. It happens.

Food for thought. Again, not trying to take a side here.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #32
Adamo99

My Ride: 330Ci vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4323i View Post
I dont underatand why someone would even need more then a hunting rifle or a handgun for small game. Here in canada thats all we have available. No army weapons style are allowed to be sold to citizens. I think they should ban then from stores

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Bimmer App
I don't know where in Canada you live, but judging from your spelling of 'Canadien' in a later post, and the grade three level English spelling and grammar, I'm guessing Quebec? I won't get into my thoughts on Quebec here, as it will get me perma-banned but:

Please STFU if you don't know what you're talking about. It's very clear you know nothing of our nations' gun laws.

You can buy the same Bushmaster AR at nearly every gun store in Canada. You can buy the same Glocks, and Sig Sauer handguns. Also, you cannot hunt with a handgun in Canada, as it is a restricted firearm.

I think we should ban stupidity in Quebec.
Adamo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #33
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
i dont see a difference. for all i know all of these were fired from the same machine gun.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #34
Reedo302

Quote:
I dont underatand why someone would even need more then a hunting rifle or a handgun for small game. Here in canada thats all we have available. No army weapons style are allowed to be sold to citizens. I think they should ban then from stores
Define what makes a rifle classified as a "hunting rifle" ?
Also, you are aware that we have big game in the US too right? You're not the only ones with deer, elk, moose, black bear, brown bear, mountain lion, bison and hippies you know.
There aren't too many animals in this country that I couldn't kill with a 7.62 caliber AR. Most of the high end 7.62 ARs are more accurate than commercial bolt action or break action hunting rifles, which means a cleaner and more humane kill of the animal due to better shot placement. Also, faster cyclic also mean faster follow-up shots in case you wound the animal but it does not go down. Again, a faster kill is a more humane kill.

Oh, and BTW- there are several handguns built specifically for hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamo99 View Post
I don't know where in Canada you live, but judging from your spelling of 'Canadien' in a later post, and the grade three level English spelling and grammar, I'm guessing Quebec? I won't get into my thoughts on Quebec here, as it will get me perma-banned but:

Please STFU if you don't know what you're talking about. It's very clear you know nothing of our nations' gun laws.

You can buy the same Bushmaster AR at nearly every gun store in Canada. You can buy the same Glocks, and Sig Sauer handguns. Also, you cannot hunt with a handgun in Canada, as it is a restricted firearm.

I think we should ban stupidity in Quebec.
To be fair, the entire country of Canada hates Quebec. Back in 2002 I did winter survival training with the Canadian infantry (2PPCLI) in northern Ontario. They all hated Quebec and fully supported them when Quebec talked about secession in the late 1990s. A couple guys even had a plan to build a large electric fence and moat around the entire province.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 12-29-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #35
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I hunt elk and Kodiak bears with a .22 revolver. I'm not sure what you pvssies use, but you need to man the fvck up.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #36
Reedo302

Chuck Norris taught me how to roundhouse kick moose. He also taught me how to ride a grizzly bear through a carwash.

Glock Armorer

Old 12-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #37
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
FWIW I believe it was a shotgun pulled from the boys car... Not an AR.

Not sure what was used but regardless of this incident, two pistols concealed in your pants are equally as dangerous as an easy to spot AR strapped to your back... This war against rifles is just mind boggling
+1. I read the same about the shotgun.

In my opinion, the public outcry against scary-looking ARs is mostly emotional and mis-guided. Clearly many other "normal" looking rifles are functionally identical. Fear is a very powerful emotion.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #38
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansteve View Post
+1. I read the same about the shotgun.

In my opinion, the public outcry against scary-looking ARs is mostly emotional and mis-guided. Clearly many other "normal" looking rifles are functionally identical. Fear is a very powerful emotion.
The problem isn't emotion... That will subside.

The problem is we have a president who has always been anti-gun and a asshat Californian who will use that emotion and the president's head nod to pass absorb legislation which won't solve a damn thing except to further deteriorates the fundamental rights we, as us citizens, are entitled to.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #39
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Quote:

How in the hell do these dumbasses keep getting in here?

Dude, you can legally BUY a AR in canada. They are not restricted because they have a sporting exception.You just have to obtain a PAL from your CFO. Infact SBR's are not restricted AND you can buy items such as open bolt semi autos....

You wana know how easy it is to convert a open bolt semi sten (or any other open bolt semi) to FA??? Just cut about 1/4th a inch off the dissconnector lever. After that the rifle might as well have the selector pushed over in the FA position.

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!! AR's in CANADA!!!
https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...rands%2E%2E%2E

Now what? Got anymore dumbass comments?
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #40
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
With all due respect what does health care have to do with gun control. Dude you guys sell automatic weapons in gun shops please explain to me what's the use of having that kind of weapon ? Im no US citizen and damn proud of being Canadien but also respect my neighboors down south I just dont understand the idea of having these types of weapons sold in stores to a person with a weapon license. Please can you clarify why a person would need an automatic military style weapon ?

Painfully ignorant

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote