E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
STREETFIGHTER50

My Ride: '04 Sil-Gry ZHP 6-Sp
Any opinions on these Ebay LM reps? 8.5"/9.5" widths??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18x8-5-9-5-L...254e1b&vxp=mtr

All the LM reps I see are 8"/9" wide. Wonder if these are truly 8.5"/9.5"?? Would be perfect with the 35mm offset.

Last edited by STREETFIGHTER50; 12-28-2012 at 12:26 AM.
STREETFIGHTER50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
No-name brand. I wouldn't trust it.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:20 AM   #3
STREETFIGHTER50

No way I'd ever buy real LMs. waaay too pricy! Got some pics from the seller. They are indeed 8.5"/9.5". I'm considering these over the no name reps I see on CL. Pretty much the same price.

Last edited by STREETFIGHTER50; 12-27-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #4
Juliopinto03

My Ride: 2000 328i
You found those on eBay ? What price do you get on CL?

Last edited by Juliopinto03; 12-27-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Juliopinto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #5
w0w

My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
those are some pretty crappy lm reps
Old 12-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #6
STREETFIGHTER50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliopinto03 View Post
You found those on eBay ? What price do you get on CL?
CL has em all day between $500-$599. Here ya go:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ptd/3441992051.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ptd/3446716712.html
Old 12-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #7
Juliopinto03

My Ride: 2000 328i
Thank you
Juliopinto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #8
Tiag46

My Ride: e46
they're horrible reps
Tiag46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
xfixkaos

My Ride: 00' 328i
I don't see what's so horrible about them?...but then again I dont see the point in running 5000$ wheels. Haha even though I do think the real wheels look like sex. I personally would b so mad when they get scrapped and ish from daily driving. But if u want cheap wheels try xxr, or nlmotoring, or esm wheels. Or just get some beyren wheels they seem to be a common pick for people
xfixkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #10
Signal

My Ride: e92 335i, 330i ZHP
What makes them "horrible" reps out of curiosity. I understand some are made better than others but a lot of folks do run reps.

If it were me, I would at least try to find out who the manufacturer is. There are some reps out there that aren't a pile of money that others swear by. Varrstoen, VMR, Linea Corse, and ESR to name a few. Perhaps a rep owner or two could chime in and give some feedback regarding theres to help a fellow fanatic with making a solid choice (myself included - I am looking for reps for my ZHP).

High Intensity Interval and Weight Training
www.maxworkoutsblog.com
Six Pack Shortcuts
www.mysixpackshortcutsreview.net
Afterburn Fuel
www.afterburnfuelreview.org

Last edited by Signal; 12-27-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Signal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #11
STREETFIGHTER50

eBay seller says the wheels have VIA and JLW certification.
They also come with a 1 year warranty on the finish, as well as a manufacturing defect guaranty.
The wheels will also come with the red BBS center logo.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
STREETFIGHTER50

OK how about these CL LMs? I saw them at a local wheel shop yesterday. Look pretty good for $500 minus the crappy center caps. 18x8/18x9 with VIA & JLW certification stamps on them. I really like the Hyper Silver colored spokes on these.

Photobucket
Old 12-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
ari00

My Ride: 04 330ci
I'm on my 3rd E46 in the last 13 years and have put over 350k miles between the 3 of them, and while I am all about originals and high quality products, it irks me when others simply look at a wheel as a couple members above and say it's trash. I've run authentic AC Schnitzer, BBS, and other high end wheels over the last 18 years including my Audi before the BMWs.

Currently for my summer setup I run replica LMs...ESRs to be specific. I've been a fan of the LM style for as long as it's been around. I'm 39...and unless someone actually works for BBS, I can't see how you can tell the difference, let alone calling them horrible. I will admit I can clearly tell the 2nd set pictured above are reps, and not great ones at that. But the first ones look to me to have stayed true to the original.

I just felt I had to chime in since someone above asked for an LM owner to chime in. I've had my LM reps now for going on 3 years. I beat the snot out of my car, and the wheels have taken all sorts of abuse here in the northeast. Pitted roads from plows, etc. Not one miniscule bend/dent, which is more than I can say for some of my past higher end wheels.

All I'm trying to say is those of you who want to trash reps, feel free...you just look ignorant. Those who would rather save some $$ and have a sweet set of wheels, do a little research, read a couple reviews, and go for it. I'm living proof a $5-900 set of wheels can take a thrashing and still look good while maintaining its structural rigidity.

To the OP, I say go for those first ones you posted. Trust me, I get compliments from everyone who sees my car...car guys who know their BBS's have all been fooled by my ESRs. I didn't buy them to fool anyone...I bought them because I loved that style, and you won't regret it.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:26 AM   #14
Signal

My Ride: e92 335i, 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari00 View Post
I'm on my 3rd E46 in the last 13 years and have put over 350k miles between the 3 of them, and while I am all about originals and high quality products, it irks me when others simply look at a wheel as a couple members above and say it's trash. I've run authentic AC Schnitzer, BBS, and other high end wheels over the last 18 years including my Audi before the BMWs.

Currently for my summer setup I run replica LMs...ESRs to be specific. I've been a fan of the LM style for as long as it's been around. I'm 39...and unless someone actually works for BBS, I can't see how you can tell the difference, let alone calling them horrible. I will admit I can clearly tell the 2nd set pictured above are reps, and not great ones at that. But the first ones look to me to have stayed true to the original.

I just felt I had to chime in since someone above asked for an LM owner to chime in. I've had my LM reps now for going on 3 years. I beat the snot out of my car, and the wheels have taken all sorts of abuse here in the northeast. Pitted roads from plows, etc. Not one miniscule bend/dent, which is more than I can say for some of my past higher end wheels.

All I'm trying to say is those of you who want to trash reps, feel free...you just look ignorant. Those who would rather save some $$ and have a sweet set of wheels, do a little research, read a couple reviews, and go for it. I'm living proof a $5-900 set of wheels can take a thrashing and still look good while maintaining its structural rigidity.

To the OP, I say go for those first ones you posted. Trust me, I get compliments from everyone who sees my car...car guys who know their BBS's have all been fooled by my ESRs. I didn't buy them to fool anyone...I bought them because I loved that style, and you won't regret it.
Thanks for some good feedback

High Intensity Interval and Weight Training
www.maxworkoutsblog.com
Six Pack Shortcuts
www.mysixpackshortcutsreview.net
Afterburn Fuel
www.afterburnfuelreview.org
Signal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #15
STREETFIGHTER50

Quote: