E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
fraser19

My Ride: 2004 330CI M sport.
E46 vs Girls

Found this and thought it was pretty good hope you enjoy.

Just a little late night ramble, this is a full honesty disclosure about why guys like me end up spending our extra money, time, and feelings in life on our cars.

The Car:

You pass her one day and check her out, at first you like the body and stop by. You find out she has low miles and only 1 previous owner, and your mind starts thinking to the first modifications I can do to make her my own.

The Girl:

Again, you notice the hott body and sure she looks clean and dent free, but there is no Carfax for this one. You take her word on being low mileage and that she has only had 2 previous owners.

The Car:

You get her home and pop the hood with intentions of doing work for the first time. Yea, your unfamiliar with the layout, you fumble around for a little, but she forgives you.

The Girl:

You try to "do work", she says, "no". The end.

The Car:

You pour your heart, soul, and time into her. You make mistakes, you break parts, you loose parts, but she is still there. You fix what you messed up, you dedicate yourself to her, and in return she is there and cooperates with you. Bolts loosen easily, parts align correctly, she runs smooth and you have the time of your life. She is the one for you. She makes other guys (and a few girls) jealous, your proud to show her off and take her out. You got lucky, from that first time you checked her out, you knew she was the one.

The Girl:

Again, you put your emotions in her, time, money, you dedicate yourself to her. You make mistakes, and when you realize what has happened she is already gone. You talk to her, you try to fix your mistakes, you try to tighten up loose end, you try to prove that the mistakes and broken parts were an accident, but she doesn't care. You take her out once or twice and spend more money, more feelings, more of your soul on her, she still doesn't care. The next time you see her, she is making you jealous. She is out with others, where she should be with you instead. You think back to the first time you looked at her, and still to this day think she is the one.

The Car:

Running smooth.

The Girl:

Running Loose.
fraser19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
My M costs a hell of a lot less than my fiance too...
Old 12-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
Angelic0-

My Ride: BMW E34, E46 & E38
Send a message via MSN to Angelic0- Send a message via Skype™ to Angelic0-
word!
Angelic0- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
sammk

My Ride: Bone-stock E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser19 View Post

You pour your heart, soul, and time into her. You make mistakes, you break parts, you loose parts, but she is still there. You fix what you messed up, you dedicate yourself to her, and in return she is there and cooperates with you. Bolts loosen easily, parts align correctly, she runs smooth and you have the time of your life. She is the one for you. She makes other guys (and a few girls) jealous, your proud to show her off and take her out. You got lucky, from that first time you checked her out, you knew she was the one.

Now I'm not homophobic by any means but that's the kind of relationship I enjoy with my machine! I take care of her and she takes care of me. Can't count the number of times she's bailed me out and took good care of me..

E92 convert. BMW Fanatic.
sammk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
GotVANOS?

My Ride: 2003 325xi Touring
Yes...

Shes not your average grocery getter. This 2.5L of fury doesnt mess around.

E21<E30>E36>E46>E90>F30

Quote:
5TFUUU, If one more person tells me to sell my car and buy an ///M Im going to light their family on fire and make them watch.
*****BUY MY 330XI AUTO TRANS AND PARTS. CHEAP!!!******
GotVANOS? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
You just can't compare a nice girl to a car.

I think you guys are letting this car thing get to your head.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Personally, I feel exactly the same about my toaster. Every morning, at the press of a button, she gets hot. Much simpler to understand than either car or woman!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
sammk

My Ride: Bone-stock E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
personally, i feel exactly the same about my toaster. Every morning, at the press of a button, she gets hot. Much simpler to understand than either car or woman!
:d

E92 convert. BMW Fanatic.
sammk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Personally, I feel exactly the same about my toaster. Every morning, at the press of a button, she gets hot. Much simpler to understand than either car or woman!

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #10
dmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
How did I miss this? O'Reilly is really brilliant, isn't he? lol

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Newsflash: It's a car.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #12
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Newsflash: It's a car.
Qft... It's got a soul, man. You just don't know.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #13
NicB.

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328i
Along the same lines...

You may be an e46fanatic when you see a girl driving an e46, and you think, "Wow, we have a lot in common. I drive a BMW, she drives a BMW, same model...I think she's my dream girl, I think I love her, I think I'm going to marry her, I bet our kids would look great! We'd have to buy an X5 though...unless she'd want to put our kids in a 3 series wagon? Wait, would she want that? She'd want to drive OUR KIDS in a WAGON!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING, I DONT LOVE THIS GIRL AT ALL!" ... and then you find yourself yelling "I DONT LOVE YOU ANYMORE!" out the window to some girl who has no idea who you are...

Happens to everyone, right? Right? Buehler? Is this thing on?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #14
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Next you'll have names for your cars and go to these things called car meets

Girl >

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #15
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
How did I miss this? O'Reilly is really brilliant, isn't he? lol
Only the greatest thinker of our times!

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
flashmeow
Banned User

My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
whoa whoa whoa. back up dougy. it is not that girls are complicated it is that you guys are clueless on picking up social cues, body language, facial expression, hidden messages, implied tasks and understanding our intents. for example, Limoncello easily understand my non verbal cues. if I look at him a certain way he would understand that I am upset and would leave me alone. However, if I do the same to the hubby, he thinks I have a twitch or allergy
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #17
jayb328i

My Ride: E46 2000 328i
The E46 you control, you can do the preventive maintenance on, it is predictable. The other thing--not true.
jayb328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #18
Arock1092

My Ride: Bmw M3
This is Great!
Arock1092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
OP needs to stop acting like a pussy around girls.
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
dmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
whoa whoa whoa. back up dougy. it is not that girls are complicated it is that you guys are clueless on picking up social cues, body language, facial expression, hidden messages, implied tasks and understanding our intents. for example, Limoncello easily understand my non verbal cues. if I look at him a certain way he would understand that I am upset and would leave me alone. However, if I do the same to the hubby, he thinks I have a twitch or allergy
I know that's true for me. I'm oblivious to embarrassing my kids or my friends. They all love me, so ignore that I haven't a clue.

Once, when I was younger, a young woman said that I had beautiful hands and thought that I'd be great in bed. I thanked her for the compliment.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get her intent.

Why is that, do you think, Flash? Is it that we don't care or that we know not to get muddled down in the mire of whatever it is you're thinking?

A recent set