E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Jay Mohr is a moron... Bombs=ban 2nd Amendment??? WTF?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/16/ac...dment-must-go/

Old 04-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
yea i saw that the other day... it is amazing how stupid people are. the worst part is that some people actually agree with him.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
So what's his theory on 9/11 then? Gun shows to blame?

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
I love how when mass shootings happen they blame the guns, but when mass bombings happen, they blame the bomber, not the bomb...
Old 04-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
"Jay Mohr is a moron"
That is redundant.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
Sentaruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
I love how when mass shootings happen they blame the guns, but when mass bombings happen, they blame the bomber, not the bomb...
they are blaming guns for bombings too
Old 04-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
No I think what they are getting at is in the 70's the NRA lobbied to prevent the requirement taggents in gunpowder.

I don't see an issue with gunpowder being traceable. Only people that are criminals would worry about it.
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
Reedo302

If they're going to trace gunpowder, they need to trace gasoline and laundry soap, ammonia toilet cleaner and aluminum foil, ammonium nitrate fertilizer at lawn and garden stores and fuel oil. That's napalm, chem bomb and ANFO for the uninitiated. Welcome to science. All three are just as dangerous as gunpowder, and can be purchased readily by anyone.

I can make chemical bombs galore in my basement using only household products...but I don't because I'm not a psychopath.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 04-18-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
Sentaruu

so zander, you'd be all for police stopping anyone at random and searching your person, car, or house whenever they feel like it? i mean, after all, only criminals would worry about it...

btw that whole "if your innocent you've got nothing to worry about" is bullshit.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #10
Reedo302

A gunpowder registry would start causing problems. Why? Because if you go out and buy 50lbs of powder, which isn't actually a lot, but the BATFE thinks it's a lot, now they come a-knockin' at your door wondering why you have it. Makes sense to ask if you're a Jordanian or Egyptian college student here on a visa. Makes no sense to be suspicious if you're a normal red blooded American-born freedom lover who loves 'merica like most of us. But then and again, I am technically a member of at least 3 "domestic extremist" groups according to the Department of Homeland Security, and I'm technically listed as a "rightwing extremist". Funny how I'm a potential security risk according to DHS, despite being a decorated combat veteran, and currently am a licensed and sworn cop.
Do you really think the US Government knows what the fuck they're doing? Hell no.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 04-18-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #11
zander271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
so zander, you'd be all for police stopping anyone at random and searching your person, car, or house whenever they feel like it? i mean, after all, only criminals would worry about it...

btw that whole "if your innocent you've got nothing to worry about" is bullshit.
How does making gunpowder traceable have anything to do with cops doing random searches? Are you and effing retard?
Old 04-19-2013, 01:51 AM   #12
zander271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
If they're going to trace gunpowder, they need to trace gasoline and laundry soap, ammonia toilet cleaner and aluminum foil, ammonium nitrate fertilizer at lawn and garden stores and fuel oil. That's napalm, chem bomb and ANFO for the uninitiated. Welcome to science. All three are just as dangerous as gunpowder, and can be purchased readily by anyone.

I can make chemical bombs galore in my basement using only household products...but I don't because I'm not a psychopath.
Besides sounding crazy, I haven't heard a reason as to why making gunpowder traceable would be a bad thing...giving ingredients of what bombs could be possible made with does not count.

Wow you know what science is? You get a gold star.

Btw all plastic explosives are traceable
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #13
zander271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
A gunpowder registry would start causing problems. Why? Because if you go out and buy 50lbs of powder, which isn't actually a lot, but the BATFE thinks it's a lot, now they come a-knockin' at your door wondering why you have it. Makes sense to ask if you're a Jordanian or Egyptian college student here on a visa. Makes no sense to be suspicious if you're a normal red blooded American-born freedom lover who loves 'merica like most of us. But then and again, I am technically a member of at least 3 "domestic extremist" groups according to the Department of Homeland Security, and I'm technically listed as a "rightwing extremist". Funny how I'm a potential security risk according to DHS, despite being a decorated combat veteran, and currently am a licensed and sworn cop.
Do you really think the US Government knows what the fuck they're doing? Hell no.
Gunpowder registry, no one is talking about a registry. No one is going to go knocking on your door if you decide you want to buy 50 pounds of gunpowder. I can only guess if you are are are a gun hobbiest who likes to make his own ammunition. Btw most of the terrorist attacks that happen in the US are committed by "red blooded" Americas. Does Army of God, Aryan Nation, KKK ring a bell? Some bombing of note; LA bombing, Wall Street bombing, Unabomber attacks, Oklahoma City bombing. Need I go on?

I doubt you are really considered a risk if you truly a police officer. What have you done that would make DHS think you are? Please explain.

Last edited by zander271; 04-19-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:35 AM   #14
bmwTuner1

My Ride: Bmw, 330ci
That guy is a moron. Ive met him a couple times and can say hes an ass too
Old 04-19-2013, 04:15 AM   #15
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander271 View Post
Besides sounding crazy, I haven't heard a reason as to why making gunpowder traceable would be a bad thing...giving ingredients of what bombs could be possible made with does not count.

It doesn't count to you because it blows holes in your argument. If they are going to trace gunpowder, they need to trace everything else that could theoretically be used as an explosive. That is the reason why you want to trace gunpowder, right? Because it can be used for explosives? Lots of other things can be used.

Quote:
Gunpowder registry, no one is talking about a registry. No one is going to go knocking on your door if you decide you want to buy 50 pounds of gunpowder. I can only guess if you are are are a gun hobbiest who likes to make his own ammunition. Btw most of the terrorist attacks that happen in the US are committed by "red blooded" Americas. Does Army of God, Aryan Nation, KKK ring a bell? Some bombing of note; LA bombing, Wall Street bombing, Unabomber attacks, Oklahoma City bombing. Need I go on?

I doubt you are really considered a risk if you truly a police officer. What have you done that would make DHS think you are? Please explain.
So you are unaware of the list that DHS and Department of the Army (with the help of DHS) created that listed who is considered an extremist? The funny thing about those lists is that they list about half the people in the US as being potential extremists. Others on here have seen it and can attest to the absurdity of it.

In order to trace gun powder sales, there'd have to be a registry. They'd have to know what you are buying, and then they'd keep records of it. It's happened in the past with guns.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #16
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796

Quote:

None of those listed are plastic.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796

Quote:

The other problem is that gunpowder is a horribly inefficient low explosive if you actually want to blow something up. It burns, it does not detonate.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #18
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Who gives a crap. Just another Hollywood tool sucking on the liberal penor.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #19
Reedo302

It's Jay Mohr. When was the last time he was relevant?

Glock Armorer