E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Thumbs Up I'm selling my HPF Drag M3 BEFORE MFEST

Yes it's true. I'm selling my HPF Drag M3 at a massive loss to some lucky purchaser before MFest. Here are the details of the sale...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...6#post15113106
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Will the track car be coming?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
I thought you had a bet?

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

Old 01-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
BrianSpilner

My Ride: Max PSI Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasberry View Post
I thought you had a bet?
Right? No more bet
Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasberry View Post
I thought you had a bet?
Marcus made the bet that if he lost to me he would pay me back for the parts I gave him. Someone else can set new records with this beast.

I'll most likely keep the track car.

Chris.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
zurus

My Ride: .
Are you kidding me? why sell after coming so far with it ? never saw its true potential.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #7
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Correct. I instigated the bet, Chris agreed. Would be different if Chris had instigated it. Hopefully someone picks it up and brings it to Mfest so we can see it run all out.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
wOw.....

Did I miss something?

I am speechless

so whats next Chris B.?
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953

Last edited by lrinco01; 01-31-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
SexiPYm3

My Ride: 03 M3
Mert needs to pick this thing up and take it to the max!!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #10
Tchleung

My Ride: 02 M3
I think they are moving onto a different platform now completely.

Supra -> BMW -> ?

00 Jet Black 323i 5MT - Fuel Saver

02 Carbon Black M3 6MT - Fun Car
456whp/312wtq @ 8psi, No #'s yet at 9psi
4.10 / Headers / ESS VT2-550+

Old 01-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #11
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Why?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 AM   #12
SPDu4ea

My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchleung View Post
I think they are moving onto a different platform now completely.

Supra -> BMW -> ?
Makes sense. The newest (US) Supra was 8 years old when hpf quietly withdrew from the that scene; it has been 7 years since the last e46 m3 was on sale... For an aftermarket company, it seems that max profits occur not long after warranties expire (and quickly erode as competition builds).

No idea what would come next -- probably won't be an upper middle class straight 6 rwd sport coupe though...
Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #13
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
sucks that HPF is going bankrupt and now has to sell their fun toys.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #14
BMW E465

My Ride: 1dirty5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDu4ea View Post
Makes sense. The newest (US) Supra was 8 years old when hpf quietly withdrew from the that scene; it has been 7 years since the last e46 m3 was on sale... For an aftermarket company, it seems that max profits occur not long after warranties expire (and quickly erode as competition builds).

No idea what would come next -- probably won't be an upper middle class straight 6 rwd sport coupe though...
my guess... the toyota/subaru coupe thingy. a lot of owners wants to turbo that sucker.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #15
Tchleung

My Ride: 02 M3
I'm not sure if it is because they are going bankupt, I mean they have a lot of assests. It just seems as of late there haven't been really any real R&D for this paltform in a while and with so many other competition out there I'm sure sales are dropping so from a business stand point it might just be better to pull out now and focus on the next new baby boomer..

00 Jet Black 323i 5MT - Fuel Saver

02 Carbon Black M3 6MT - Fun Car
456whp/312wtq @ 8psi, No #'s yet at 9psi
4.10 / Headers / ESS VT2-550+

Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #16
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
sucks that HPF is going bankrupt and now has to sell their fun toys.
Ha ha you wish.

We have a large focus with BMW performance being one of them but our core business and web-site is where the majority of our income is generated and that's where we've been focusing many of our resources. With over 3 million parts on-line, we've taken a hard look at shipping prices and weights, how they are displayed, etc. etc.

Now we are focusing on being more competitive with pricing across all brands. You will see a lot of prices drop on our site over the next few weeks. Our new product review feature will be rolled out on Sunday night along with speed improvements.

We're going to continue to focus on web-site speed, we're switching international shipping from UPS to Fed Ex and are going to drop our international shipping prices as a result. We're also probably going to ship all domestic orders 3day even when people order ground because our 3 day rates are now extremely competitive.

Lots of internal changes as well. Erik is now in service with ChrisK. Russ is back full time in sales. We're clearing out things that weren't profitable such as the drag car investment and moving onto projects that we hope will be profitable.

I think every company on the planet that still exists has been doing this sort of thing. If they don't they go bye bye.

Food for thought...

Last edited by HPF Chris; 02-01-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
E85head

My Ride: E46 M3
What about the new cams, and manifold etc for the s54?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #18
triks

My Ride: BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Ha ha you wish.

We have a large focus with BMW performance being one of them but our core business and web-site is where the majority of our income is generated and that's where we've been focusing many of our resources. With over 3 million parts on-line, we've taken a hard look at shipping prices and weights, how they are displayed, etc. etc.

Now we are focusing on being more competitive with pricing across all brands. You will see a lot of prices drop on our site over the next few weeks. Our new product review feature will be rolled out on Sunday night along with speed improvements.

We're going to continue to focus on web-site speed, we're switching international shipping from UPS to Fed Ex and are going to drop our international shipping prices as a result. We're also probably going to ship all domestic orders 3day even when people order ground because our 3 day rates are now extremely competitive.

Lots of internal changes as well. Erik is now in service with ChrisK. Russ is back full time in sales. We're clearing out things that weren't profitable such as the drag car investment and moving onto projects that we hope will be profitable.

I think every company on the planet that still exists has been doing this sort of thing. If they don't they go bye bye.

Food for thought...
Does this include your turbo kits?!??!?! *wishful thinking*
Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #19
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Cool what i've suspected all along

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Ha ha you wish.

Food for thought...
I knew this was a matter of time.

The profits are in the Parts that sell.

those parts that are specific to building a drag car will never sell as much as the parts that make a street car.

like the HPF S54 Turbo kit!
that and everything that came after that kit i.e. titanium exhaust, Turbo upgrade, upgraded fuel system, stage 3 clutch all were awesome parts that could be used on the street but when i saw the tranny swap to that T400 that's when the project started to catch fire to me.

very small demographic spend big money on drag kings.

your everyday street racer is where the money is being spent

good move though!
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
Old 02-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #20
STORMER

My Ride: AA SC 98 M3
..... What?!

Regardless of the business end it still was a showcase machine, all the effort and licensing blah blah just to drop it now?

No support from me

360+rwhp

AA Stage 2, Arp2000, Underdrive Pulley, M50 Manifold, Cat Delete, Supersprint Exhaust, M5 Clutch w/ Lightweight Flywheel, Euro Fan, FK Coilovers, AEM Boost Gauge, Zhp Knob, Stoptech Brakes, R1 Rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
You sir, just thread jacked the sh!t out of OP.
Closed Thread