E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Raven concealment systems. Anyone use?

Looking for a good concealment holster for my Kahr (CW40). The selection is pretty weak. Everything available seems to be flimsy neoprene or other low quality design/material. The vanguard looks cool, a hard plastic holster that cover the trigger. It allows for rapid deployment, but re-holstering looks to be an issue. Would like something that allows me to re-holster the gun quickly. But would also like something small and comfortable. Does anyone have any experience with these guys?

This is what I am looking at:
http://www.ravenconcealment.com/hols...lster-full-kit
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Yes. I use Raven for my EDC, and have used it in classes. One of the best holsters you will find.

ETA: I do not use the Vanguard, I was referring to RC overall.

Last edited by Serbonze; 01-17-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 M3
This directly states not to attempt to reholster the weapon. It looks like a good device,but doesn't seem like it meets the requirements from your post. I don't have one,but just did some reading up on it FWIW.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
CompTac MTAC Minotaur, Crossbreed Supertuck, Galco King Tuk...

I'm a fan of hybrid holsters ever since I picked up the one for my M&P 9mm.
SPDSKTR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Pretty sure the VG2 isn't available for your Kahr at the moment (Currently only made to fit select Glock Models)
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post

Great choices listed here.

I'd also point you to PJ Holsters for your Kahr. I'm strongly considering one as an additional carry option for my CM9.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
SPDSKTR

Foxx Holsters is another good company. They're a fraction of the price of "big name" holsters and it's just as good of quality. I ordered an IWB magazine holster from them for the Secret Santa we did; I was thoroughly impressed.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
I used to have a phantom for my g19. Well constructed holster but there's one reason why I sold mine. It doesn't flex like a mtac, and since I'm a skinnier guy, it was like putting a plank of plastic in my jeans. I should have kept it as an owb holster though.

I just placed an order with bravo concealment. I'll post up a review for it when it shows up
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
Pretty sure the VG2 isn't available for your Kahr at the moment (Currently only made to fit select Glock Models)
I know the VG1 is available for Kahr polymer frames. I am sure they have more models on the way for VG2. But I might check out some of the other holsters recommended. Finding Kahr stuff can be a pita.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
I know the VG1 is available for Kahr polymer frames. I am sure they have more models on the way for VG2. But I might check out some of the other holsters recommended. Finding Kahr stuff can be a pita.
I've been using a Remora holster for mine and have been surprisingly pleased. It is clipless, so the sensation of it is odd at first, but it just "sticks" there. I figured for $25 it was worth a try and I'm glad I got it.

My only complaint is that I have to deal with it when taking a dump since it doesn't attach to your belt, but I do that at home 95% of the time anyway.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
SPDSKTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
I've been using a Remora holster for mine and have been surprisingly pleased. It is clipless, so the sensation of it is odd at first, but it just "sticks" there. I figured for $25 it was worth a try and I'm glad I got it.

My only complaint is that I have to deal with it when taking a dump since it doesn't attach to your belt, but I do that at home 95% of the time anyway.
Hopefully the stalls you sit in have a flat-topped toilet paper dispenser. I always lay mine up there, but leave my holster in place.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #12
mkodama

What a horribly uncomfortable and ghetto looking gun holster.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
FTLAUDM3

My Ride: M3, Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post

I picked up a holster at the gun show that is like the ones above. I guess from your response they are called hybrids. I can tell you it has not been taken off in like over a month. If any clothing can support it I am wearing it. So comfortable and it wasn't super expensive. I find myself forgetting I have anything on me unless I am sitting down. Even then it's still comfortable, but you can feel something on your back at the 4 o'clock position.

I have one of the regular holster for the 1 or 2 o'clock position. Could never sit down without it digging into me. Highly recommend the two clip holster that looks massive. I would assume most of them work great. The only two things wrong with mine was I had to use Blue Loctite on the screws for the clips (they started to get loose) and I think the horse hide could thicker, but that may be worse. Took about a week to get it broken in - fits like a glove now.

bucksholsters.com - get Horse Hide if possible - better for sweating
Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #14
Locutus09

My Ride: Something Slow
The VG2 is not meant to be re-holstered. You need to take it out, put the trigger guard over and then re-attach.

I have a Phantom for my M&P. The quality is absolutely outstanding. Retention is exactly where it needs to be, and the best part is that my last name is etched into the back of the holster, individually made FTW!

They are local to me, so I support them without a doubt. I would still buy from them if I lived anywhere else.

You get what you pay for. I'm a strong believer about it. One of the best holsters on the market that cannot be beat.

Last edited by Locutus09; 01-18-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Locutus09 is offline   Reply With Quote