E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
[RANT] I went to the gun show yesterday and...

...people are morons.

New Bare-bones DPMS AR-15: $1,350.
Used Bare-bones Norinco AK-47: $1,025.
Used Hi-Point 9mm, full-sized: $350.
Rusted out 25 ACP that "doesn't feed and needs major work": $350.

It was everywhere. Even (made in China) "Tactical Assault Navy SEAL Marine" knives were selling for $75 a pop.

I can't wait until the panic dies down a bit and prices return to slightly normal levels so everyone who spent $1,350 on a $600 rifle feels like total fucktards.

I searched every booth up and down for something reasonable. The best I found was a flashlight for pistols for $25. I still didn't buy it because the demo model fell apart when I flipped the switch. The little Asian lady working the booth snatched it from my hands and said, "Sorry. Rearry sorry."

[/RANT]

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Yep...awesome times

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
I searched every booth up and down for something reasonable. The best I found was a flashlight for pistols for $25. I still didn't buy it because the demo model fell apart when I flipped the switch. The little Asian lady working the booth snatched it from my hands and said, "Sorry. Rearry sorry."

[/RANT]
If it falls apart in your hands, it isn't going to stand up to being strapped to the under side of a firearm. There are really only a couple brands I would trust when it comes to weapons mounted lights....and an asian lady peddling $25 lights at a gun show isn't on my list.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
I tried to attend a gun show this past saturday after I got off work. I went to pull in the parking lot and saw the line coming out the door and going around to the back of the convention center. This was at 10 am....the show started at 9. I kept right on driving.

A coworker went to a different show sunday and picked me up 360 rounds of 7.62x54r. Got what I wanted and didn't even need to leave the house.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
Old 01-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

My Ride: 2006 GTI
Asians in AL, what is this world coming to????????
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
...people are morons.

It was everywhere. Even (made in China) "Tactical Assault Navy SEAL Marine" knives were selling for $75 a pop.

I can't wait until the panic dies down a bit and prices return to slightly normal levels so everyone who spent $1,350 on a $600 rifle feels like total fucktards.

[/RANT]
Im a f***tard that just spent $800 on 2 AR lowers.

Like you said, such are the times, and if I wait a bit longer, I wont be able to get any unless I spend $1500 for each one.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
SPDSKTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
If it falls apart in your hands, it isn't going to stand up to being strapped to the under side of a firearm. There are really only a couple brands I would trust when it comes to weapons mounted lights....and an asian lady peddling $25 lights at a gun show isn't on my list.
She went on to explain that, since so many people were handling it and bratty kids were roughing it up, it broke. I asked her, "So what will the recoil of a gun do to it?" No good answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
I tried to attend a gun show this past saturday after I got off work. I went to pull in the parking lot and saw the line coming out the door and going around to the back of the convention center. This was at 10 am....the show started at 9. I kept right on driving.

A coworker went to a different show sunday and picked me up 360 rounds of 7.62x54r. Got what I wanted and didn't even need to leave the house.

There were roughly 30 people in front of us in line. A coworker told me the line was roughly two city blocks long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
Asians in AL, what is this world coming to????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Im a f***tard that just spent $800 on 2 AR lowers.

Like you said, such are the times, and if I wait a bit longer, I wont be able to get any unless I spend $1500 for each one.
There is some truth to that, but I have a feeling things are going to die down a bit once the major sale rush is over. It's like any other shooting, really. Media hypes it up, gun sales surge at ridiculous rates, then everything settles down.

Then again, Bushmaster is selling off...

Old 01-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
She went on to explain that, since so many people were handling it and bratty kids were roughing it up, it broke. I asked her, "So what will the recoil of a gun do to it?" No good answer.

There were roughly 30 people in front of us in line. A coworker told me the line was roughly two city blocks long.

There is some truth to that, but I have a feeling things are going to die down a bit once the major sale rush is over. It's like any other shooting, really. Media hypes it up, gun sales surge at ridiculous rates, then everything settles down.

Then again, Bushmaster is selling off...

Prices will only calm down if the ban doesn't happen. I'd bet quite a bit of money though that it WILL happen, and with pretty high certainty. If the ban does happen, you will see cheap lowers fetch $500+ and high end (ie Noveske) lowers fetch over 1K.....just my speculation though.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #9
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Prices will only calm down if the ban doesn't happen. I'd bet quite a bit of money though that it WILL happen, and with pretty high certainty. If the ban does happen, you will see cheap lowers fetch $500+ and high end (ie Noveske) lowers fetch over 1K.....just my speculation though.
This assumes a few things.
1. An outright ban happens.
2. The ban is on lowers.
3. You will still be able to transfer pre-ban lowers.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #10
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Legislation will be passed... And, according to sources, we will get an initial draft of that legislation on the 22nd.

If anything passes (regardless of how strict or loose), prices will go up. If nothing happens, prices will come down. If nothing happens, one group will feel dump... If a strict ban is placed, we will all feel dumb for not buying more.

I'm scraping up mags and ammo but can't jump on the "buy all the lowers you can" train... Just too much money on speculation.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #11
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
What's a lower?

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #12
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
What's a lower?
The lower receiver of an AR.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #13
SPDSKTR

I can't buy an AR anyway due to my goddamn clutch and flywheel wanting to take a shit on me right now.

Yeah. I'm jelly, bro.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #14
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
...people are morons.

[/RANT]
I have heard it has been a madhouse. My bro-in-law deals guns and accessories and said it crazy. AR mags have become rare and the price people are willing to pay for them is laughable.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #15
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
I have heard it has been a madhouse. My bro-in-law deals guns and accessories and said it crazy. AR mags have become rare and the price people are willing to pay for them is laughable.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #16
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Nope...typed. But I could careless anyways. Have fun braving the crowds.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #17
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Nope...typed. But I could careless anyways. Have fun braving the crowds.
I don't need to brave any crowds. I'm well stocked, thanks.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #18
badfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
I don't need to brave any crowds. I'm well stocked, thanks.
Just dandy!